First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unbelievable

Dunlap, TN

#1 Jan 29, 2010
why was the highway closed going up the mountain for so long? I know they did not scrape it when they finally let people go because it was still impossible to pass. I am just a little upset b/c they waited for the roads to get worse to let us through!!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Dunlap, TN

#2 Jan 29, 2010
could you get through finally? My dad and boyfriend are stuck in sale creek cause they wouldn't let them thru earlier.
fyi

United States

#3 Jan 29, 2010
the mtns were salted and scraped continuously all day long. the problem was that the snow was falling faster that tdot could clear it. nobodys fault but mother natures.our police dept, tdot, and rescue squad and everybody else have been bustin their butts all day long to make the roads safe and passable.
agree

Dunlap, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2010
I also thought salting the roads wednesday didn't help at all.
FedUp

Dunlap, TN

#5 Jan 29, 2010
No they did have the road crews out, not to mention they were sprayed with brime yesterday but they have more then one mountain to work and the problem was as fast as they could scrape it the snow was falling and covering it up. The highway was closed because people were slipping and sliding everywhere. Even our emergency personnel could not get up and down with out 4 wheel drive.

Since: Jan 10

Dunlap, TN

#6 Jan 29, 2010
I came across right as it started snowing and they were working on it then. I agree, it's mother nature's fault and poor drivers...
unbelievable

Dunlap, TN

#8 Jan 30, 2010
FedUp wrote:
No they did have the road crews out, not to mention they were sprayed with brime yesterday but they have more then one mountain to work and the problem was as fast as they could scrape it the snow was falling and covering it up. The highway was closed because people were slipping and sliding everywhere. Even our emergency personnel could not get up and down with out 4 wheel drive.
we have a 4 wheel drive, we were in it when the storm hit. We tried to go up 111 but the thp would not let us. We live on top of lewis chapel mtn. and the roads were 10 times worse as 111. Depends on someones driving as to if you get stuck. Just like nascar, depends on the driver. We had to stay in Dunlap for 4hrs. Even though the cops were to scared to travel they should have let the people in 4 wheel drives go to the house instead of staying behind. We got home fine! Even though it was dark we made it home!!!!!
unbelievable

Dunlap, TN

#9 Jan 30, 2010
by the way, they were more worried about the city roads than the mtn roads. I saw the trucks scraping the city! They should have been more prepared, Damn I mean it has been on the news for over a week that it was coming here!!!!!!!!!
unbelievable

Dunlap, TN

#10 Jan 30, 2010
ANGEL PRESTO wrote:
could you get through finally? My dad and boyfriend are stuck in sale creek cause they wouldn't let them thru earlier.
yeah we finally made it, they shouldve let the people in trucks go on ahead. It was a nightmare, I hope they have learned a lesson from this .
stupid

Dunlap, TN

#11 Jan 30, 2010
FedUp wrote:
No they did have the road crews out, not to mention they were sprayed with brime yesterday but they have more then one mountain to work and the problem was as fast as they could scrape it the snow was falling and covering it up. The highway was closed because people were slipping and sliding everywhere. Even our emergency personnel could not get up and down with out 4 wheel drive.
coming into dunlap fronm the other side of 111 was open. people were sliding there too!!!!!so why didnt they close that side 2?
fyi

United States

#12 Jan 30, 2010
The cops were doing what they had to do to keep people safe. I am sure they didn't want to have to scrape you off the side of the road, so quit your bitchin already!!
stupid

Dunlap, TN

#13 Jan 30, 2010
yeah, they keep one side open and one side closed, that makes alot of since, and keeps the others safe right? Jeez GET A CLUE
truck driver

United States

#14 Jan 31, 2010
stupid wrote:
yeah, they keep one side open and one side closed, that makes alot of since, and keeps the others safe right? Jeez GET A CLUE
Hey dumba$$, Sequatchie Co. cares and I guess Hamilton Co. don't because they didn't close their side. Be thankful that we have people that care for people like you. You may have made it home just fine but if the Duputys din't care and had let you went on up the mountain road and you had got in an accident (not your fault because you are a perfect driver)and you had got hurt, then you would be on here putting them down for NOT closing the road! The Deputys never win in this town because it's damn if they do, and damn if they don't!!
wannabee man

Dunlap, TN

#15 Jan 31, 2010
truck driver wrote:
<quoted text>Hey dumba$$, Sequatchie Co. cares and I guess Hamilton Co. don't because they didn't close their side. Be thankful that we have people that care for people like you. You may have made it home just fine but if the Duputys din't care and had let you went on up the mountain road and you had got in an accident (not your fault because you are a perfect driver)and you had got hurt, then you would be on here putting them down for NOT closing the road! The Deputys never win in this town because it's damn if they do, and damn if they don't!!
They didnt even scrape the road going up, so where was the safety in making them stay at the bottom just to let them go through when it was worse. DUMBASS...Common sense oh where are you?
truck driver

Axtell, TX

#16 Jan 31, 2010
wannabee man wrote:
<quoted text>They didnt even scrape the road going up, so where was the safety in making them stay at the bottom just to let them go through when it was worse. DUMBASS...Common sense oh where are you?
The cops don't scrape the roads, the state,(TDOT) does that!! DUMB-ASS!! Bitch them out, not the cops!! You don't know anything! All you know to do is bitch about the cops! I hope you need them sometime and they never show up. Then you can bitch about that!! And if they do show up, they put you in jail! Then you can bitch about that!! You just like to BITCH !! Bitch about me!! Cause I don't care!! BITCH, BITCH, BITCH !!!
wannabee man

Dunlap, TN

#17 Jan 31, 2010
wow..calm down before you stroke out. maybe the cops should have gotten the scrapers outta the city and to 111 where the real money comes into town!!!
wannabee man

Dunlap, TN

#18 Jan 31, 2010
i dont bitch, just point out the obvious.sorry you can't handle it. ARE YOU TEXTING AND DRIVING? LMAO
truck driver

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2010
wannabee man wrote:
i dont bitch, just point out the obvious.sorry you can't handle it. ARE YOU TEXTING AND DRIVING? LMAO
B**CH, B**CH, B**CH!! You are now my B**ch!!
wannabee man

Dunlap, TN

#20 Feb 1, 2010
get some help man...you have dropped to much soap in your lifetime
truck driver

United States

#21 Feb 1, 2010
wannabee man wrote:
get some help man...you have dropped to much soap in your lifetime
You have no clue?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunlap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
do you even exist in this hell hole town 3 hr Depends 2
Tipping restaraunt 13 hr Really 51
bad cops 14 hr BlueBride 35
Looking for paul Ingrassia 20 hr TonyaGBOVFL 4
Dunlap Tattler Wed maybe 2
Cops Sep 2 JFC 36
snitches (Nov '13) Sep 2 StoptheDrama 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunlap Mortgages