The #1 reason I don't shop at Walmart...

The #1 reason I don't shop at Walmart in Dunlap is

Created by Polling on Sep 23, 2012

70 votes

Click on an option to vote

unprofessiolal, discourtious staff

flies/ nasty

price

convience (I work in Chatt. and shop there)

poor selection

expired prouducts

poor quality goods (shop at another chain)

unprofessiolal, and/or discourtious workers

unprofessiolal, and/or discourtious managers

all of avove

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
customer

Dunlap, TN

#1 Sep 23, 2012
i can't stand all those tiny "urinal flies" ending up in the produce dept. then they end up in my home. YUCK!
obviously

Dunlap, TN

#2 Sep 23, 2012
your over exaggerating the seriousness of the flies, what do you propose spray chemicals or fly tape? lol which will then get chemicals on the food and then people would complain about the tape. if you don't have a solution to the problem then STFU.
obviously

Dunlap, TN

#3 Sep 23, 2012
or even better let's have someone take a fly swatter to em rofl. STFU
customer

Dunlap, TN

#4 Sep 24, 2012
obviously wrote:
your over exaggerating the seriousness of the flies, what do you propose spray chemicals or fly tape? lol which will then get chemicals on the food and then people would complain about the tape. if you don't have a solution to the problem then STFU.
Well I guess your use to the "urinal flies" that have invaded the produce area. I'm not, they are awful, it's up to Wally World to take care of the issue. BTW, I make it a point to go to the Publix in Hixson once a week, because the store there is "urinal fly free".
By your tone on this issue it sounds like you work there and don't care about bringing the "urinal flies" home with you.
Disgusting

Dunlap, TN

#5 Sep 24, 2012
I was told by the Manager of Walmart that they had spoken to all the restaurants in the area that they also had fly problems. I guess they brought them to there business from Walmart. The green and blue bottle flies come from turds. I say a seald loaf of bakery bread that sounded like an electric razor it had so many inside the bag. The health department must not be doing their job because that is one nasty deli and the produce is disgusting. I think other Walmarts send their spoiled produce and defective items to the Dunlap Walmart. It really makes you wonder why this Walmarts prices are higher and they try to sell us factory seconds. Just say no and go somewhere else. Shop Dunlap but don't get screwed doing it. The economy is bad and every penny counts. How many illnesses are spread by the turd and urinal cake flies? You can't get a refund for your medical bills. Flies carry disease and bottle flies love turds.
Mercy Me

Dunlap, TN

#6 Sep 24, 2012
If the people in this town cant find one thing to complaine about ,they find something else. The thing is how many flies are at your house. I have never seen a fly in Wal Mart ,but maybe I am not there when you are.
Everywhere

Dunlap, TN

#7 Sep 24, 2012
I wonder how many of you spend your days talking smack about people or businesses on Topix. Yes, I read it for comic value. But I can honestly say I have never trashed anyone on this site.
Raisins

Dunlap, TN

#8 Sep 24, 2012
Disgusting wrote:
I was told by the Manager of Walmart that they had spoken to all the restaurants in the area that they also had fly problems. I guess they brought them to there business from Walmart. The green and blue bottle flies come from turds. I say a seald loaf of bakery bread that sounded like an electric razor it had so many inside the bag. The health department must not be doing their job because that is one nasty deli and the produce is disgusting. I think other Walmarts send their spoiled produce and defective items to the Dunlap Walmart. It really makes you wonder why this Walmarts prices are higher and they try to sell us factory seconds. Just say no and go somewhere else. Shop Dunlap but don't get screwed doing it. The economy is bad and every penny counts. How many illnesses are spread by the turd and urinal cake flies? You can't get a refund for your medical bills. Flies carry disease and bottle flies love turds.
I thought it was raisin bread untill they started buzzing.
Justin McAfee

Dunlap, TN

#9 Sep 24, 2012
I shop at Wal-mart in Chattanooga because they have a larger selection. Our Wal-Mart is the smallest available to be built, and the last of its size to be built. Bentonville must not have realized that Grundy, Bledsoe, and Sequatchie would all be shopping at this store.

Also, they never have what I'm looking for. I go in for bread, they're out. Go in for Milk, out. Band-aids, dog food, etc etc etc...
Not Dunlap

Dunlap, TN

#10 Sep 25, 2012
I shop other places because Dunlap doesn't need my tax. If 1/2 of us did this the city would go broke and the vice mayor couldnt afford to get pissy drunk.
customer

Dunlap, TN

#11 Sep 25, 2012
From urinal flies in the produce to bowl weevils in the dried dog food and feed corn, Wally World is one disgusting place.
BTW, you better use those wipes at the front door before you touch a buggie, better yet just take the whole container of wipes off the wall and use em' and drop em' as you go on your adventure!
Dumb

Chattanooga, TN

#12 Sep 25, 2012
I've never had any problems there and noticed normal house flies a couple of times. Let that store close and see how you like it.
Honest Man

Dunlap, TN

#13 Sep 28, 2012
We bought a new(??)printer last November for our computer. When we opened it, the box was full of roaches. The management said there was nothing they could do, so we are stuck with the bugs and the cost of hiring an exterminator!Urinal flies ain't the only bugs at Wal Mart!
Complaints

Dunlap, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2012
I noticed Honest Man went to the manager with a problem. I am sorry they didn't resolve your problem, but atleast you can say you tried. How many of the rest of you can say the same.
Never walmart

Dunlap, TN

#15 Sep 29, 2012
I told the employees went to manager and called the corporate. Why would I need to tell them how to do their jobs? I don't get a discount and they don't pay me. You get tired of being patronized and provided excuses and go somewhere else. The bugs are just the beginning. Walmart keeps employees working shorter hours so they never qualify for insurance or really make enough to live and our taxes end up subsidizing the employees. It isn't like they are doing us a damn favor being here with that tiny store that never has what you need. To carry a product that sells and suddenly stop is stupid. The store constantly does it. As far as any staff knowing a damn thing in hardware, sporting goods or electronics, FORGET it. I seen someone stealing things and didn't even report it. If it were any other store I would have bothered to tell. Most of the help acts like you ruined their day if you bother them. Theres just no way to get them to remove all the expired products I handed them a cart full and they put them back on the shelves. As long as you put up with it the store will stay the same or worse.
Corporate

Dunlap, TN

#16 Sep 30, 2012
Never walmart wrote:
I told the employees went to manager and called the corporate. Why would I need to tell them how to do their jobs? I don't get a discount and they don't pay me. You get tired of being patronized and provided excuses and go somewhere else. The bugs are just the beginning. Walmart keeps employees working shorter hours so they never qualify for insurance or really make enough to live and our taxes end up subsidizing the employees. It isn't like they are doing us a damn favor being here with that tiny store that never has what you need. To carry a product that sells and suddenly stop is stupid. The store constantly does it. As far as any staff knowing a damn thing in hardware, sporting goods or electronics, FORGET it. I seen someone stealing things and didn't even report it. If it were any other store I would have bothered to tell. Most of the help acts like you ruined their day if you bother them. Theres just no way to get them to remove all the expired products I handed them a cart full and they put them back on the shelves. As long as you put up with it the store will stay the same or worse.
I never got the call, I was probably testing out my new Hatteras 72' down in the Caribbean, oh she's a beauty. Oh yeah your issue about our employees. Your right, they do work shorter hours so they don't qualify for insurance. You see many of our employees that work at WalMart are working it as a second job so they can pay for their own insurance at their real job, or it's their only job. This is how we at Corporate can be on the cutting edge of our business and at the same time use YOU the taxpayer to pay for our overhead (health insurance).
Now I have to get on my Gulfstream to fly out to the West Coast to watch a NFL game then fly back Monday to take some more complaints from you people.
Best of Walmart 2011

Dunlap, TN

#17 Sep 30, 2012
Watch the best of Walmart 2011 pic's and then click on more at the end, enjoy.
BTW did you notice anyone you know?
aggravated at walmart

Dunlap, TN

#18 Sep 30, 2012
I get just enough at this wal mart to get by until I can get to the Shoddy wal mart. This wal mart is pathetic. Poorly stocked shelves, and very poor help. Don't go to any certain dept and and ask for help. They know less than you. I can go in there to get 5 things and come out with two. This wal mart is a kangaroo express on steroids.
peoples lies

Parsons, TN

#19 Oct 15, 2012
I go to the Chattanooga one to. Simpson. gas like. 12. check out. but only two. open. come one now. the people who work there don't even like it. lol
customer

Dunlap, TN

#20 Oct 15, 2012
Dumb wrote:
I've never had any problems there and noticed normal house flies a couple of times. Let that store close and see how you like it.
I'd love it, then maybe we can get a real store like Publix.
BTW, don't ever eat their ground beef at Wally World, when you pull it apart it acts like play-doe. I don't think that's good for your stomach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunlap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaz Danielle 18 hr Keith 12
Doctors with no sense 20 hr smh 10
Rhonda Pickett Shadrick Sat tammy patton is a... 4
people asking for money outside Walmart (Jul '15) Sat Son 57
Trump for president Jul 21 Dopey 19
Daryl Wilson in Court Again! (Jun '15) Jul 19 Daryl L Wilson sr 34
Michael Patton Jul 18 The Voice of Truth 6

Dunlap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance