The Vally Animal Clinic

The Vally Animal Clinic

Posted in the Dunlap Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Davey Crockett

United States

#1 Nov 15, 2010
Does anyone know if this Vet is good and how reasonable are is prices? We are new here and would like to know about the clinic.
mountain girl

Dunlap, TN

#2 Nov 15, 2010
no he is not rasonable or any good in my opinion.i don't trust him at all.if you care for your pet go to dr kirk in kimball.very good dr. and very fair on his prices.it is futher to go ,but he is the best.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2010
My dog has gone there since she was a pup. She is fine and the clinic is fantastic. The proof is in the dog. Also the prices were reasonable and they listen to the owner.

The naysayers have an ax to grind because he can't do $25 spay neuters. They have places that do that and they are non profit organizations. This is animal care not OBAMA CARE for pets.

As I said, the proof is in my healthy pet.
Honest opinion

Pikeville, TN

#4 Nov 15, 2010
This was where I always took my dog,and I always thought Dr.Noble was a good vet.I never had to go there for anything serious.Then one day my aunt had to take her to to him for a skin problem,after several rounds of very expensive pills and some tests,her dog still had the same problem.He had told her that if the last pills didn't work he would have to do another test,which was expensive.Instead of going back to Dr.Noble she went to Dr.Maxwell,this was when he still had his office between Dunlap and Pikeville.Dr.Maxwell immediately told her the dog had red mange,gave her treatment and the dog healed quickly.

I have heard great things about Dr.Kirk.At one time he was not as expensive as Dr.Noble.If I have to take an animal I will definitely go to Kimball to Dr.Kirk.
Namvet

Pikeville, TN

#5 Nov 15, 2010
I personally like Dr. Noble and think he is an excellent vet. My 15 y/o dog would have been dead a year ago if it weren't for him. Might be a little expensive but he is close and dependable.
not me

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Nov 16, 2010
I prefer either Dr.Kirk in Kimball or Dr.Brevard in Chattanooga. My opinion of Dr.Noble has nothing to do with him not being able to provide low cost spay/neuters but my family has had several negative experiences with him which is why I choose not to use him. I have had to have both a spay and neuter for a dog and cat and I used Wally's Friends-i don't know what Dr.Kirk or Dr.Brevard charge for those services.
Dunlaper

Dunlap, TN

#8 Nov 16, 2010
Terry Noble is a vet in it for the money. He refuses to accept s/n vouchers from HART, will not give rescues any discount whatsoever and will turn away a dying pet if the owner can't afford his outrageous charge for euthanasia. He has no heart - he purposely kept UT's vet students from coming to the valley to do low cost s/n's years ago (2002 I think) because he didn't want the competition. I have heard good things about Dr. Kirk and have personal experience with both clinics on Signal, who are amazingly less expensive than Noble. I look forward to when Donna (the mobile vet) opens her clinic in the valley and gives him some real competition.
I knew it

Dunlap, TN

#9 Nov 16, 2010
Dunlaper wrote:
Terry Noble is a vet in it for the money. He refuses to accept s/n vouchers from HART, will not give rescues any discount whatsoever and will turn away a dying pet if the owner can't afford his outrageous charge for euthanasia. He has no heart - he purposely kept UT's vet students from coming to the valley to do low cost s/n's years ago (2002 I think) because he didn't want the competition. I have heard good things about Dr. Kirk and have personal experience with both clinics on Signal, who are amazingly less expensive than Noble. I look forward to when Donna (the mobile vet) opens her clinic in the valley and gives him some real competition.
Yep the nutty s/n people ring in. Silly people, a vet can't work for free and stay open. I will not donate to s/n's because they are all looney tunes. Anything else to say for your cause? Like PET HOARDERS are often pretending to love animals.
Davey Crockett

United States

#10 Nov 17, 2010
Here is some info for anyone interested. Dunlap vet quoted today for S/N for mt pet dog $159.00. Signal Mountain,$139. Kimball Vet was $95. I called our old vet clinic in Jameston, Tn. They do S/N for pets for $55.00, any size! These people have been in busines for many years and we have used them for many other services in the past. We are having two dogs done, saving over two hundred dollars. I think that is worth the drive. Just thought somwone might want to know. These people are really friendly too, as in appreicate your business kind of way.
George W Bush

Dunlap, TN

#11 Nov 17, 2010
Dunlaper wrote:
Terry Noble is a vet in it for the money. He refuses to accept s/n vouchers from HART, will not give rescues any discount whatsoever and will turn away a dying pet if the owner can't afford his outrageous charge for euthanasia. He has no heart - he purposely kept UT's vet students from coming to the valley to do low cost s/n's years ago (2002 I think) because he didn't want the competition. I have heard good things about Dr. Kirk and have personal experience with both clinics on Signal, who are amazingly less expensive than Noble. I look forward to when Donna (the mobile vet) opens her clinic in the valley and gives him some real competition.
I ergree sturilize ur pets befour they mait and have kittens.

Since: Jul 10

Dunlap, TN

#12 Nov 17, 2010
I have taken all my animals to Dr. Noble since he opened up his practice. I think the man is fantastic. They are very respectable and kind and he is a wonderful vet who knows his profession well.I have had serious things come up and have never had to get another opinion and was always satified and please with the results.
There are a lot of myths here:
They do not make up their prices out of thin air. They co-incide with the market and ever increasing medical costs. They are based on cost of meds across the board and in many cases, they choose to use a better quality of medicine that other vets do not, and also most meds are adjusted according to weight of the pet. Therefore, all this will increase your price. We have had skin issues also in the past and there are countless tests for them which will rack up a bill. You start off with the very basics and try it for a while and then it if doesn't work, you get into a lot more tests. Dr. Maxwell only hit it because he already had knowledge of what already was ruled out. That's a no brainer.
As for his "lack of charity" you are way off base. He donates his time giving the rabies shot each year to hundreds of animals and does a lot of things to help animals behind the scenes that you do not know about. Just because he doesn't take your coupons doesn't mean his is any less than the compassionate man he is.Of course he is in it for the money! You don't spend thousands of dollars and 12 years in veternary college not to make money! Who would choose that profession and years of study on a profession he is not passionate about? He could have chosen be a broker on Wall Street for a lot less years of schooling and money. Also there is no way he could prevent the UT students from coming in here. Another myth. The bottom line is if you can't afford the animals, don't have them.
To the original poster, give him a try and judge for yourself.
George W Bush

Dunlap, TN

#13 Nov 17, 2010
I went to the vet dokter becuase I had worms. he toll me he dont treet no peeple. i say wat kind of man want treet no peeple? He toll me to call an amlance butt we caint dial 9-11 with are phone, Bill Clinitons ole lady tooked the 9 offen are phone.
Davey Crockett

Wilmington, NC

#14 Nov 17, 2010
Trucky.How long have you been working for Dr. Noble? Or, if he is your son, God bless you honey. Another reason Dr Noble is high and stays in business here, is that he is the only one here. Therefore, he can ask a higher price. In the last year we have used "Best Friends" Vet clinic in Crossiville, and they have a full staff of office, nice building and highly qualified Vets. and they are much less expensive than Dr. Noble. We lost one of pets last year who was a reg their, and they "put the pet down for us" and didn't charge anything. Sometimes a Vets office has many stories of compassion, but I don't believe Dr. Noble's office has.
Agreed

Dunlap, TN

#15 Nov 17, 2010
Trucky wrote:
I have taken all my animals to Dr. Noble since he opened up his practice. I think the man is fantastic. They are very respectable and kind and he is a wonderful vet who knows his profession well.I have had serious things come up and have never had to get another opinion and was always satified and please with the results.
There are a lot of myths here:
They do not make up their prices out of thin air. They co-incide with the market and ever increasing medical costs. They are based on cost of meds across the board and in many cases, they choose to use a better quality of medicine that other vets do not, and also most meds are adjusted according to weight of the pet. Therefore, all this will increase your price. We have had skin issues also in the past and there are countless tests for them which will rack up a bill. You start off with the very basics and try it for a while and then it if doesn't work, you get into a lot more tests. Dr. Maxwell only hit it because he already had knowledge of what already was ruled out. That's a no brainer.
As for his "lack of charity" you are way off base. He donates his time giving the rabies shot each year to hundreds of animals and does a lot of things to help animals behind the scenes that you do not know about. Just because he doesn't take your coupons doesn't mean his is any less than the compassionate man he is.Of course he is in it for the money! You don't spend thousands of dollars and 12 years in veternary college not to make money! Who would choose that profession and years of study on a profession he is not passionate about? He could have chosen be a broker on Wall Street for a lot less years of schooling and money. Also there is no way he could prevent the UT students from coming in here. Another myth. The bottom line is if you can't afford the animals, don't have them.
To the original poster, give him a try and judge for yourself.
Same thoughts exactly. My dog ate a trash bag and the doc saved his life. Try him and forget the people wanting free vet care. Did they pay for his education?
Davey Crockett

United States

#16 Nov 17, 2010
George W Bush, you talk just like Obama. Anybody ever tell you that. Kinda got that "Getto" thing going. But you speak just like Obama. Very good,maybe you could be president one day too. Would you like that? Just drink your milk and eat your cookies and do what your mommy and daddy tell you. Yes you do have a daddy somewhere, don't let them tell you any different. Time for bed now. p.s. you might want to get someone to help you with your spelling and adult school. You will be reading before you can say DEMOCRAT.
Our vet

Cordova, SC

#17 Nov 18, 2010
Dr. Rhaulston in Jasper treats all our pets. His prices are about average, the care the animals receive is wonderful!
fido

Pikeville, TN

#18 Nov 19, 2010
12 years in veterinary college? What took so long?
Trucky wrote:
I have taken all my animals to Dr. Noble since he opened up his practice. I think the man is fantastic. They are very respectable and kind and he is a wonderful vet who knows his profession well.I have had serious things come up and have never had to get another opinion and was always satified and please with the results.
There are a lot of myths here:
They do not make up their prices out of thin air. They co-incide with the market and ever increasing medical costs. They are based on cost of meds across the board and in many cases, they choose to use a better quality of medicine that other vets do not, and also most meds are adjusted according to weight of the pet. Therefore, all this will increase your price. We have had skin issues also in the past and there are countless tests for them which will rack up a bill. You start off with the very basics and try it for a while and then it if doesn't work, you get into a lot more tests. Dr. Maxwell only hit it because he already had knowledge of what already was ruled out. That's a no brainer.
As for his "lack of charity" you are way off base. He donates his time giving the rabies shot each year to hundreds of animals and does a lot of things to help animals behind the scenes that you do not know about. Just because he doesn't take your coupons doesn't mean his is any less than the compassionate man he is.Of course he is in it for the money! You don't spend thousands of dollars and 12 years in veternary college not to make money! Who would choose that profession and years of study on a profession he is not passionate about? He could have chosen be a broker on Wall Street for a lot less years of schooling and money. Also there is no way he could prevent the UT students from coming in here. Another myth. The bottom line is if you can't afford the animals, don't have them.
To the original poster, give him a try and judge for yourself.
JUST CURIOUS

Pikeville, TN

#19 Nov 20, 2010
I have used Valley Animal Clinic since they came to Dunlap. Medical issues whether human or animal are expensive. I have used other Vets at times and find all are average to VAC. Dr. Noble is not greedy nor have I ever felt his fees extravagant. I have experienced their benevolence at times when an emergency dictated care of a stray or injured animal. They are caring. It is unfortunate that our only vet and the local animal welfare are not allies. But this is not indicative that the VAC is uncaring. A small business cannot absorb the charities that larger ones can and survive. Dr. Noble is a kind and caring veterinarian but is still in his profession to earn a living. You can run up and down the valley or across the mountain and shop for cheaper services. But as far as I am concerned I am thankful for the quality or care and service I get here at home and hope to keep it here.
Disagee

Dunlap, TN

#20 Nov 20, 2010
Trucky wrote:
I have taken all my animals to Dr. Noble since he opened up his practice. I think the man is fantastic. They are very respectable and kind and he is a wonderful vet who knows his profession well.I have had serious things come up and have never had to get another opinion and was always satified and please with the results.
There are a lot of myths here:
They do not make up their prices out of thin air. They co-incide with the market and ever increasing medical costs. They are based on cost of meds across the board and in many cases, they choose to use a better quality of medicine that other vets do not, and also most meds are adjusted according to weight of the pet. Therefore, all this will increase your price. We have had skin issues also in the past and there are countless tests for them which will rack up a bill. You start off with the very basics and try it for a while and then it if doesn't work, you get into a lot more tests. Dr. Maxwell only hit it because he already had knowledge of what already was ruled out. That's a no brainer.
As for his "lack of charity" you are way off base. He donates his time giving the rabies shot each year to hundreds of animals and does a lot of things to help animals behind the scenes that you do not know about. Just because he doesn't take your coupons doesn't mean his is any less than the compassionate man he is.Of course he is in it for the money! You don't spend thousands of dollars and 12 years in veternary college not to make money! Who would choose that profession and years of study on a profession he is not passionate about? He could have chosen be a broker on Wall Street for a lot less years of schooling and money. Also there is no way he could prevent the UT students from coming in here. Another myth. The bottom line is if you can't afford the animals, don't have them.
To the original poster, give him a try and judge for yourself.
I have had nothing but bad experiences with this vet. The first was he refused to treat my English Mastiff when we moved here because of the size of the dog. My friend took her dog in there in tears the dog had several seizures and was declining quickly. She needed the dog euthanized. She was crying her eyes out and did not care how much she had to pay for him not to suffer. The man looked at her and told her he was the only one in the offic abd she would have to make an appointment. Later that nite at 10:00 pm the dog had another seizure and I called Dr. Maxwell at home (when he was stil here) he came to the office and my husband drove her there to have this done. The man took an oath just like a Dr. He has no heart he only wants the money. My dogs are like kids and he is not fit to treat one of mine.
CagleResident

Pikeville, TN

#21 Nov 21, 2010
Disagee wrote:
<quoted text> I have had nothing but bad experiences with this vet. The first was he refused to treat my English Mastiff when we moved here because of the size of the dog. My friend took her dog in there in tears the dog had several seizures and was declining quickly. She needed the dog euthanized. She was crying her eyes out and did not care how much she had to pay for him not to suffer. The man looked at her and told her he was the only one in the offic abd she would have to make an appointment. Later that nite at 10:00 pm the dog had another seizure and I called Dr. Maxwell at home (when he was stil here) he came to the office and my husband drove her there to have this done. The man took an oath just like a Dr. He has no heart he only wants the money. My dogs are like kids and he is not fit to treat one of mine.
Oh my gosh! That is terrible!! Why could he have not taken 5 minutes of his time for her request. To me, that would have been more like an emergency. My gosh, I cant believe someone would not have compassion enough for a human, little on a dog, enough to take care of that particular visit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunlap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Lockhart oops baby daddy 1 hr Cindy 6
Lands Restaurant 2 hr TACO 13
Didnt take long 3 hr Larry 8
Timothy Cunningham 14 hr Tim 9
The blind one 16 hr Unknown 4
Tim's Small Engine Repair (Jun '14) Thu what 18
Mann & Hummel Thu Well 58

Dunlap Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunlap Mortgages