Dunkirk Dog Catcher Steve Purol
Observer Staff Wrter

Buffalo, NY

#23 Sep 30, 2012
proof wrote:
And you have proof of this or just going by hearsay?
Amazing how so much negative goes on in this city...
Don't you feel stupid now...
Dog Catcher

Fredonia, NY

#24 Sep 30, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Well I guess some ignorant people can open their eyes now...why yes, stupid things do happen in your perfect world. Hope the guy gets fired! Hats off to the lady who caught this doggy dumping and pushed for results! Question really needs to be asked...is he really finding these dogs dead on the road OR are they dying at the holding due to neglect??? And why if they are found on the road is there dog food etc., found in the bags too? Of course no one would lie in this situation..a professional hired city worker wouldn't do something like that, would he!? Please, wake up...I put nothing past people these days. Hired to do a job...do it right..
Just how do you do it right?
Frank

Tonawanda, NY

#25 Sep 30, 2012
Dog Catcher wrote:
<quoted text>Just how do you do it right?
Um here's an idea...bury them in a pet cemetary.
Yesbut

Dunkirk, NY

#26 Sep 30, 2012
Its a dead dog. It was not alive when put into the bag. Purol did it according to the law, except for using someone elses dumpster.

The plain fact is that if you take the dog and incinerate it, or you put it in the dumpster which is picked up then incinerated, the damn dog ends up in the same place.
The Observer should not have printed that picture. That fueled peopleís emotions unnecessarily and contributed to making this a bigger story than it really is.
Pet cemetary? Dunkirk canít afford it. Maybe all of you bleeding hearts should get together, buy some land, and maintain it for a cemetery.
animal lover

Buffalo, NY

#27 Sep 30, 2012
according to article, that is how the dead animals are to be disposed of per ag and market. Now he will dump them in a garbage truck instead!!
Amazed

Fredonia, NY

#28 Sep 30, 2012
Let's think of this further...is he recording what animals are dead/being dumped? So when pet owners may have an answer to where their pet may or may not be??? One dog had a collar...so it belonged to someone. And why not dispose of it properly in the first place??? Some say it's supposed to go to Falconer...statement in paper said proper dumpsters. Whatever. LOL...no I don't think a pet cemetery is necessary but don't be so stupid as to dump it where ever one feels inclined. I have no idea what this person is paid but I'm sure it's enough to document the animal and properly dispose of it. Yes there's bigger cases in Dunirk to worry about but when you stop caring about some things that people seem to thin trivial, it tends to have a downward spiral effect on other issues.
Amazed

Fredonia, NY

#29 Sep 30, 2012
* think
mark

Buffalo, NY

#30 Sep 30, 2012
Amazed wrote:
Let's think of this further...is he recording what animals are dead/being dumped? So when pet owners may have an answer to where their pet may or may not be??? One dog had a collar...so it belonged to someone. And why not dispose of it properly in the first place??? Some say it's supposed to go to Falconer...statement in paper said proper dumpsters. Whatever. LOL...no I don't think a pet cemetery is necessary but don't be so stupid as to dump it where ever one feels inclined. I have no idea what this person is paid but I'm sure it's enough to document the animal and properly dispose of it. Yes there's bigger cases in Dunirk to worry about but when you stop caring about some things that people seem to thin trivial, it tends to have a downward spiral effect on other issues.
the dog in question was ordered to be put down in a vicious dog situation. Therefore, yes it had a collar. Local vet put dog down, Steve put in dumpster instead of packer truck cuz it was after hours. stupid, yep. wasnt right way to deal with it absolutely. stop reading into it for what it isnt... he didnt neglect the dog or find it on side of road. grow up people!! he made a wrong call. let officials do their job. Remember the local paper only makes moeny if they sell papers to line your bird cages.
face reality

Fredonia, NY

#31 Sep 30, 2012
and where are the OWNERS of these dogs? the guy spends time to collect all of these strays or abandoned dogs...from the irresponsible idiots that have to have a dog ,but can't take care of it...sooo they leave it tied up somewhere and think that someone will miraculousy take it home and care for it? blame the irresponsible idiot that leaves the dog...not the guy that scrapes them off the pavement!do you know how many people would rather shoot a dog than worry about it?
OTB

Dunkirk, NY

#32 Sep 30, 2012
A lot of sickos on this posting.
Amazed

Fredonia, NY

#33 Sep 30, 2012
Anyways...sh*t just needs to be taken care of correctly so people don't inconvenience others with their concerns and questions of such trivial issues. And agreed where were these owners...hope everything was documented and they get a kick in the a** as well. And noooo...this wasn't his first time dumping in random dumpsters. The police were aware of it occuring previously...they had several calls before this last time. This time it was pushed to the Mayor since the officer was so kind to inform the caller that they are already aware of it going on. So, what's the new excuse? Something wrong with proper dumping sites for dogs then too? Whatever. Admit to it and move on...makes it worse by covering with lies.
Jay

Westfield, NY

#34 Oct 1, 2012
Rumor has it he was asked by the mayor to rid the city of the feral and/or loose dogs around the city and this was how he handled it.
Craig

Westfield, NY

#35 Oct 1, 2012
OH MY FING GOD! Hey ahole mayor, is this what happened to my dog?!?! I called that dog catcher and asked if my dog was found and he rudely told me no and hung up. I think he killed him! He was obviously borderline retarded but so must the mayor if he thought these actions are ok.
Joewhite

Brooklyn, NY

#36 Oct 1, 2012
Is not this the same man who has come under fire before for messing much up in City Hall? Right you are, he is borderline retarded.
Ice Age Coming

Westfield, NY

#37 Oct 1, 2012
Joewhite wrote:
Is not this the same man who has come under fire before for messing much up in City Hall? Right you are, he is borderline retarded.
No, that is Timmy. This is Steve Purpl, the same dufus who gives out illegal parking tickets.
AJD

Westfield, NY

#38 Oct 1, 2012
PETA has been informed. Continue contacting them.
lll

Fredonia, NY

#39 Oct 1, 2012
rENT A gd DUMPSTER OR DOUBLE BAG THE SOB AND TAKE IT TO THE LANDFILL OR TO TRANSFER STATION. BEING CHEAP MAKES DUNKIRK LOOK STUPID AND THIS GUY EVEN WORSE. WHERE OR WHERE IS WALLY WHEN YOU NEED HIM.
Idea

Dunkirk, NY

#40 Oct 1, 2012
I think the city should consider purchasing a dumpster for this use and place it at the Boardwalk. That way, anyone missing a dog can just go down there and sift through the carcasses!!
dunkirk polok

Buffalo, NY

#41 Oct 1, 2012
what he did was legal and is a correct way of disposing of dead animals according to the ag. dept. stop your whinning and run for dog catcher or put your name in the hat. your all a bunch of goofballs with nothing else to complain about.
Choney

Dunkirk, NY

#42 Oct 1, 2012
Steve definitely isnít a rocket scientist, but heís smarter than us. He manages to get $2000 a month from the city for a little driving around plus he gets to eat all he wants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
larry spacc petition 5 hr commentor 6
Verizon 4G LTE issues in downtown Fredonia 13 hr VZWissue 1
im a junkie Mon Joe 42
Hookers in Fredonia (Feb '09) Sun Yummy 50
Correction office Arraigned - William Prost (May '12) Feb 6 John 64
Chadwick Bay Lofts (Jun '12) Feb 5 timeisfire 15
Badd Kitty Club (Jan '15) Feb 5 cwench 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages