This Guy is Clueless

Posted in the Dunkirk Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big Al

Fredonia, NY

#1 Aug 19, 2012
A Republican Senate nominee found himself in hot water on Sunday for suggesting that instances of "legitimate rape" rarely results in pregnancy.

Rep. Todd Akin, a Republican who's locked in a hard-fought campaign in Missouri to unseat Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, was answering a question regarding his position on abortion rights in instances when a woman is a victim of rape.

"People always want to make it into one of those things — well, how do you slice this particularly tough ethical question," Akin said in an interview on KTVI-TV, video of which was circulated by the Democratic super PAC American Bridge.

“First of all, from what I understand from doctors,[pregnancy from rape] is really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down," Akin said.

Regarding his opinion on whether to allow for an abortion in such instances, Akin added:“But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19...

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Well, when you let the Teahadists demand equal time for Jesus in SCIENCE classes, this is the sort of understanding of biology that you'll end up with. Remember, these are the same morons that defended Rick Santorum's comments about babies born from rape being a "gift from god".

If these jackholes want to live in a medieval theocratic society, they should move to Waziristan.
Big Al

Fredonia, NY

#4 Aug 20, 2012
The government has no place going anywhere near this issue. It is a choice a women should have and it is none of the governments business.
Big John

Fredonia, NY

#5 Aug 20, 2012
some of you might want to read what Republicans have said about this issue before condemmming all of them
Glenn

Fredonia, NY

#6 Aug 20, 2012
Big Al wrote:
The government has no place going anywhere near this issue. It is a choice a women should have and it is none of the governments business.
I agree 100% and the government should not pay for it with taxpayer funds correct
Just In

Fredonia, NY

#7 Aug 20, 2012
This just in. They x-rayed Rep. Todd Akin brain and found nothing.
Mary

Fredonia, NY

#8 Aug 20, 2012
Legitimate rape? What the heck is that? Good Lord. With idiots like this in congress goes to prove that the government should not be involved in ANY legislation concerning women's rights.
Susan Blue Eyes

Fredonia, NY

#9 Aug 21, 2012
Mary wrote:
Legitimate rape? What the heck is that? Good Lord. With idiots like this in congress goes to prove that the government should not be involved in ANY legislation concerning women's rights.
Well said.

Amen

Location hidden

#10 Aug 21, 2012
My favorite comment on the whole debacle thus far:

"Akin should have to carry his candidacy to term, even if it endangers the life of the Republican party."
giovanni

Fredonia, NY

#11 Aug 21, 2012
Big John wrote:
some of you might want to read what Republicans have said about this issue before condemmming all of them
IL nulla ma un grande grasso brutto bugiardo

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Aug 21, 2012
StarkFistOfRemoval wrote:
My favorite comment on the whole debacle thus far:
"Akin should have to carry his candidacy to term, even if it endangers the life of the Republican party."
How about the minnesota Rep who got caught up in the rest-stop sex scandel with a 17 yr old boy.(he's a democrat by the way)contacted him thru Craigs list. nice guy huh Any comments people?

Location hidden

#13 Aug 21, 2012
1. He's a scumbag, and the law will deal with him accordingly.

2. How is that in any way relevant to this topic?

3. Read up on "false equivalency".
The Baron

Fredonia, NY

#16 Aug 22, 2012
More illegals are here

Location hidden

#17 Aug 22, 2012
1. He's a scumbag, and the law will deal with him accordingly.
2. How is that in any way relevant to this topic?
3. Read up on "false equivalency".
I agree with #1. as far as #2,how is your post relevant to the Topic which is"the guy is clueless" when you bring up all republicans,the tea party,and Rick? 3.stick to the topic and you might have some credibility,the person I brought up is just as relevant.

Location hidden

#18 Aug 22, 2012
The topic was about yet another anti-science Teatard trying to legislate women's health issues when he clearly knows NOTHING about biology. My comment pointed out that as long as you republicans pander to those idiots just to win elections, your party will continue it's slow, depressing slide into irrelevance. You brought up a completely unrelated person facing criminal charges unrelated in any way to the topic at hand because the only defense you could come up with was to point out a democrat that did something wrong. I addressed the topic of the thread. You crapped out some lame false equivalency.

You, or your fake alternate screen name, are among the very least qualified to comment on anyone's credibility.
Who Cares

Dunkirk, NY

#19 Aug 22, 2012
The topic was about yet another anti-science Teatard trying to legislate women's health issues when he clearly knows NOTHING about biology. My comment pointed out that as long as you republicans pander to those idiots just to win elections, your party will continue it's slow, depressing slide into irrelevance. You brought up a completely unrelated person facing criminal charges unrelated in any way to the topic at hand because the only defense you could come up with was to point out a democrat that did something wrong. I addressed the topic of the thread. You crapped out some lame false equivalency.
You, or your fake alternate screen name, are among the very least qualified to comment on anyone's credibility.
Amen!

Location hidden

#20 Aug 22, 2012
Again you make is sound as if Republicans are behind the idiot. That is a bold faced lie. My fake alternate screen name, sorry you have no clue and you continue with the democrat line of falsehoods and lies because thats all you idiots have.

Location hidden

#21 Aug 22, 2012
So, when a democrat gets busted in a sex scandal, it implies ALL democrats that are bad... but when a republican spews 13th century religious drivel as "science", he's a lone nut?

Congratulations, you're a moron.

Feel free to list the lies and falsehoods I've presented here, as well as some sort of facts to back your claims.
gusinski

High Point, NC

#22 Aug 22, 2012
top dog 9 wrote:
<quoted text>Again you make is sound as if Republicans are behind the idiot. That is a bold faced lie. My fake alternate screen name, sorry you have no clue and you continue with the democrat line of falsehoods and lies because thats all you idiots have.
falsehoods and lies is that like untruths and lies joe and Stark keep up the excellent posts , I enjoy them.
Big Al

Fredonia, NY

#23 Aug 22, 2012
This thread was started before the Republican party went into the "hands off mode".

It is interesting after hearing / reading the comments of the Republicans that they seem more concerned about the damage done to the GOP, then how this may effect women.

So typical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Joe Voter 6,473
This is bull 7 hr SayItAintSoJoe 1
Ralph "Bucky" Phillips Spotted In Chatauqua County (Jul '06) 9 hr chip 1,604
Fredonia Man Badly Hurt 15 hr Dave OConnor 1
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 6,391
A dunkirk/fredonia families plea for help. Tue juju 19
Dunkirk Dating
Find my Match

Dunkirk Jobs

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dunkirk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dunkirk

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]