knows

Fredonia, NY

#26 Feb 19, 2012
"knowing" knows whats up.....
who knows

Fredonia, NY

#27 Feb 29, 2012
what's going on with this?
Steve

Wilkes Barre, PA

#28 Mar 25, 2012
Lakeview is a place of mistreated kids who are there for NON-violent crimes and ALL of their guards should be under investigation. I have a story of abuse from that place and I dont know who to report it to to get things fixed. Kids are being denied showers, kids are being denied food, and they are being denied these things for days. Place is a joke and its just gonna make NON-violent kids violent. No one likes to be beaten for no reason. Put these guards (Captain Young) on non pay investigation. NON pay, if they are found innocent which they wont then back pay them.
gary

Jersey City, NJ

#29 Apr 15, 2012
Its no surprise. These guys are soo tough. Spanking lil kids ...what a shame
Teach a real program instead of trying to scare people
MSK_soldier

Dryden, NY

#30 May 15, 2012
hey guys i just got back from lakeview and the guy his name is Lesmes is the last person i would expect to get with those nasty creatures but i hear it's true and i can't say much more but i had him for a Drill he was cool and easy going so i hope he does good

Peace out
MSK_soldier

Dryden, NY

#31 May 15, 2012
HAHA yeah u get denied food and showers if u don't listen to the DI's. And it's a voluntary program so u signed up for this but w\e. U ppl think the world is so nice but it's not and going without food for a few hours is a joke compared to going to real prison and doing years of incarceration. And i'm not a DI or w\e i'm an ex-inmate it's good and some ppl need to get abused cause they don't listen to anything else.
disgusted

Frisco, TX

#32 May 17, 2012
Douche Beers did have intentions on marrying Pam. Not anymore since she's now hooking up with another dirt bag, Bobby w. Quite funny for what Jake did do in that prison, he gets probation.........
NYBS

Nanticoke, PA

#34 May 19, 2012
Welcome to NY Corrections. MSK_soldier... 1. the one post said days not hours. 2. I didn't read anywhere where anyone said the world is "nice". 3. You think the Correctional Program in this country is hard? Its no where hard enough if you ask me. Take away the cable and other perks and start giving them sentences to fit the crime. 4. You being an ex-inmate you would think you would side with your fellow bunkers. Abuse doesn't help, never has, just makes things worse. Just like it does out on the street. Lakeview is amongst the worse in the country. Down with these POS officers who only take these positions to abuse their power.
Really

Fredonia, NY

#35 May 21, 2012
what world are you ppl living in??? These are inmates we are talking about. Convicts. People that are on the street selling drugs to your kids. Killing your loved ones. Shock is not just for criminals with non-violent crimes. There are inmates there that have committed violent crimes, pistol whipping a taxi cab driver, beating a teacher into a hospital bed. They are criminals.
Females have one over on everybody whether they are an inmate or not. I am a female, I know. All it takes is one to come up with a lie and once she starts getting special treatment, others join in. Shock is not an easy program. Up running at 530 in the am and not stopping until they hit their bunk at 930 at night. So by special treatment i mean these inmates get out of running and exercising because they have to be interviewed for hours on end. Believe me they will do ANYTHING to get out of serving REAL time for their crimes.
Don't get me wrong, this kind of thing does happen. Not all inmates make this shit up.. ie. Beers.. however, the officer that is being investigated now has been found not-guilty for any sexual conduct. DNA. What he is in trouble for is bringing in food for the inmates. Yes, a wrong-doing in NYS eyes. His wife, yes is sticking by his side. they are one of the few families left that stick by each other instead of running to a judge for a divorce. And yes she works there, therefore, she knows what games these inmates play.
And Lakeview is one of the worst in the country? Really?? Have you done your research? Do you have any idea how much money Shock has saved the taxpayers in NYS? Do you have any idea how many inmates have left with their GED from this program? How about how many inmates that are classified as special education walk away with at least an improvement by 3 grade levels? All done in six months. 12 hours a week in school. Bet your kid couldn't do that in 6 months with 40 hours a week at school. Do you know how low the recidivism rate is for Shock? Do you know what Lakeview alone does for Chautauqua County? Look at the newspaper now and then. When Gowanda and Silver Creek flooded, our inmates were there cleaning up, where the f*ck were you? When the tornado went through, inmates cleaned up...Lake Erie State Park, Dunkirk Beaches, Dunkirk Boys and Girls Club... inmates... inmates from Lakeview take care of these places. So the money taxpayers are paying for these inmates are getting their money worth. Call a general population jail (Gowanda, Collins) where were their inmates when the floods came through... sitting pretty in their warm cell YOU heat, under the roof YOU provide, watching tv YOU pay for, eating the food YOU provide them.
These inmates that come into the program aren't there to have their hand held. It is hell. But you don't know how many of those inmates who lived through hell want to come back and work as a "Drill Instructor" for Shock Incarceration. The program does make a difference. Hence, there has been MULTIPLE tv crews there covering how Shock works. Crews from other countries.
You people need to wake up and see just what this program does for NYS, for you, for your kids. So within the past 3 years, 3 officers have been investigated for sexual misconduct at Lakeview... What about all the other jails in NY? Have you done your research on that? I can guarantee you Lakeview compares nothing to even half of the jails in NY. AND NOT TO MENTION... how many ppl did these inmates abuse? How many ppl were saved from such a situation?
Really

Fredonia, NY

#36 May 21, 2012
http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
"Tuesday we did a joint effort with the streets, parks, prisoners from Lakeview Shock, and at that point we had moved into basically the beginning of hauling many truckloads of wood debris, brush..."

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
"Gowanda Mayor Richard Klancer joined a roomful of the graduates' family members in marking this big step forward in their lives. He came to acknowledge the help Lakeview Correctional inmates provided Gowanda after the devastating August flood."

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
"Inmates from Lakeview Shock Facility in Brocton began cleanup of the perimeter of the field Monday and worked so efficiently they were asked to return for further assistance"

http://www.observertoday.com/page/content.det...
"Officers supervised eight prisoners, five days a week over the past seven weeks to accomplish what Gugino said would not have been, without the volunteer effort"
Really

Fredonia, NY

#37 May 21, 2012
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles/shockny.pdf
"DOCS estimates it saves approximately
$2 million in care and custody
costs for every 100 Shock Incarceration
graduates (about $20,000 per
inmate). For the first 8,842 graduates
from Shock Incarceration as of September
30, 1993, New York DOCS
estimates it saved $176.2 million in
care and custody costs. This savings
takes into account costs associated
with the 5,331 Shock Incarceration
inmates who did not graduate."
Really

Fredonia, NY

#38 May 21, 2012
Now,I have to go work with these "poor inmates" tomorrow, so gnite, I look forward to your reponses you post in your pajamas tomorrow, while I make an honest living!
Really

Fredonia, NY

#39 May 21, 2012
One last thing... I know I read one of these idiotic posts saying something about CO's making the big bucks... Hmmm...
http://www.doccs.ny.gov/jobs/CO_Exam.html

NYS Correction Officer
$43,867

Family of 4...eligible for..
food stamps? Yup
Heap? Yup
Free phone? Yup
Medicaid? Yup!

Come on ppl, honestly, we would make more on NYS welfare than we do working for NYS. Then we'd have the time to make ourselves look like idiots on a popular website too!
KiddingMe

Depew, NY

#40 May 22, 2012
Really wrote:
One last thing... I know I read one of these idiotic posts saying something about CO's making the big bucks... Hmmm...
http://www.doccs.ny.gov/jobs/CO_Exam.html
NYS Correction Officer
$43,867
Family of 4...eligible for..
food stamps? Yup
Heap? Yup
Free phone? Yup
Medicaid? Yup!
Come on ppl, honestly, we would make more on NYS welfare than we do working for NYS. Then we'd have the time to make ourselves look like idiots on a popular website too!
Now this is serious BS. I'd also like to point out the incident a few years back where the CO's got away with literally killing a kid. There's so much abuse going on there it's ridiculous. I do agree with the false accusations from female inmates. Females use that sexual harassment charge for everything, from revenge to an excuse for everything wrong in their lives. If I ran a business, I swear, I wouldn't hire any. I wouldn't hire any CO's either, though, or ex-cops.
Really

Fredonia, NY

#41 May 22, 2012
KiddingMe wrote:
<quoted text> Now this is serious BS. I'd also like to point out the incident a few years back where the CO's got away with literally killing a kid. There's so much abuse going on there it's ridiculous. I do agree with the false accusations from female inmates. Females use that sexual harassment charge for everything, from revenge to an excuse for everything wrong in their lives. If I ran a business, I swear, I wouldn't hire any. I wouldn't hire any CO's either, though, or ex-cops.
A few years back.... Um yea... try 20 years back. And I believe that is a stereotype. Not all CO's are bad, not all of them let their authority go to their head.
And thank god for you that you don't own a business because not hiring certain types of ppl is discrimination and that is illegal. Well, maybe you should own a business... that way you can come get a taste of shock and see just what it's all about!
Jimmer

Dunkirk, NY

#42 May 23, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years back.... Um yea... try 20 years back. And I believe that is a stereotype. Not all CO's are bad, not all of them let their authority go to their head.
And thank god for you that you don't own a business because not hiring certain types of ppl is discrimination and that is illegal. Well, maybe you should own a business... that way you can come get a taste of shock and see just what it's all about!
Another know it all on topix. Imagine that. Get real.
KiddingMe

Depew, NY

#43 May 23, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
A few years back.... Um yea... try 20 years back. And I believe that is a stereotype. Not all CO's are bad, not all of them let their authority go to their head.
And thank god for you that you don't own a business because not hiring certain types of ppl is discrimination and that is illegal. Well, maybe you should own a business... that way you can come get a taste of shock and see just what it's all about!
BUT, they DID kill a kid and get away with it. And thanks for admitting that at least some CO's are bad by saying "Not all CO's are bad" and admitting that some CO's DO let their authority go to their head by saying "not all of them let their authority go to their heads". And if I owned a business, why in the Hell would that give me a "taste of shock"? I know what discrimination means, I was merely pointing out what I would do if I could get away with it.
Really

Fredonia, NY

#44 May 23, 2012
KiddingMe wrote:
<quoted text>BUT, they DID kill a kid and get away with it. And thanks for admitting that at least some CO's are bad by saying "Not all CO's are bad" and admitting that some CO's DO let their authority go to their head by saying "not all of them let their authority go to their heads". And if I owned a business, why in the Hell would that give me a "taste of shock"? I know what discrimination means, I was merely pointing out what I would do if I could get away with it.
Of course some co's take it to their head, of course some troopers take it to their head, of course some politicians take it to their head.. wtf? Nobody's perfect, and how many other jails have gotten away with a similar crime? Why is it that Lakeview needs to be the worse because of something that happened 20 years ago?
Really

Fredonia, NY

#45 May 23, 2012
Jimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Another know it all on topix. Imagine that. Get real.
Not saying I'm a know-it-all... just stating the facts that everyone else is too lazy to look up. Just quick to start bullsh*t. You see that I have links to back up what I say but u just sit back unidentified and say p*ssy a*s remarks to feel some what important... Go get a big truck maybe that will compensate for your little d*ck!
Jimmer

Dunkirk, NY

#46 May 25, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Not saying I'm a know-it-all... just stating the facts that everyone else is too lazy to look up. Just quick to start bullsh*t. You see that I have links to back up what I say but u just sit back unidentified and say p*ssy a*s remarks to feel some what important... Go get a big truck maybe that will compensate for your little d*ck!
You are not exactly identified quite yet BOZO!!!!!! Sit behind your computer and spew garbage out of your mouth. We all know CO's are crooked. Heck who wouldn't be if they spent half their lives in prison.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best stores to use a fake for beer Mon Analrapist69 1
News Hotel is piece to lakefront Mon wish i could move 4
City Parks Mon So done with the ... 22
Bill Matteson (Sep '16) Mon Barfly 23
Music at the pier Jun 22 MAK 5
Farmers Market Jun 20 Fredonian 11
Whose Pet Turkey...? Jun 20 Fredonian 4

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages