Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Its time to contact your Senators and demand they produce a budget. I think the "no budget-no pay" idea is an idea whose time has come. Did any of you get payed for not doing your job for the past four years? Are the Senators above the law? The GAO in its latest report states that this country is on a "unsustainable path". The continuing resolution form of spending is criminal! The ultimate in "smoke and mirrors" accounting.

http://www.gao.gov/special.pubs/longterm/

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

JOE wrote:
Its time to contact your Senators and demand they produce a budget. I think the "no budget-no pay" idea is an idea whose time has come. Did any of you get payed for not doing your job for the past four years? Are the Senators above the law? The GAO in its latest report states that this country is on a "unsustainable path". The continuing resolution form of spending is criminal! The ultimate in "smoke and mirrors" accounting.
I agree Joe ! getting paid for not working is like a pension (getting paid for when you used to work) or welfare. Lets not forget about Congress they haven't done anything , well constructive that is. And If I read correctly The senate is about to unveil a budget soon. Never been against work for your wages in fact every cent I get I work for not when I used to work.
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

stashu gusinski wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree Joe ! getting paid for not working is like a pension (getting paid for when you used to work) or welfare. Lets not forget about Congress they haven't done anything , well constructive that is. And If I read correctly The senate is about to unveil a budget soon. Never been against work for your wages in fact every cent I get I work for not when I used to work.
I have yet to start receiving my pension from Cummins(12 more years) so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at? You are correct in that Congress,the Senate side has not submitted a budget in the past four years. Your response is very confusing. You do realize that the Senate is part of Congress don't you?. So again, your response on more than one front is rather confusing. From reading your first sentence you regard ones pension as welfare? Perhaps you confused the two? I contribute toward my pension fund and can not find where people who are on welfare contribute to that fund. I have no problem with people who truly need assistance but please,my earned pension is not welfare.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Sorry to confuse you joe , See there are Senators and there are congressmen, you stated the senate needs to work for their pay I agreed, and I stated Congress needs to work for theirs also.
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

stashu gusinski wrote:
Sorry to confuse you joe , See there are Senators and there are congressmen, you stated the senate needs to work for their pay I agreed, and I stated Congress needs to work for theirs also.
I think you are the one confused my friend. Both houses of Congress are known as Congressmen or Congresswomen.(don't forget the women,the DEM's will nail you to the cross) They are addressed as Senators or Representatives to differentiate between the two chambers. Now the Representatives have presented budgets as required however the Senate has not. Hope that helps you understand the difference. I work the night shift so have to go,60 is a mess.
Tommy

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

JOE wrote:
The Senators "above the law"(coloquial phrase) I am unaware of any federal law mandating a budget. In fact I am sure there is not a law. Not good fiscal policy at all but "above the law". I am sure you wouldn't approve of the budget that the Senate passed anyway.
Tommy

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

JOE wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are the one confused my friend. Both houses of Congress are known as Congressmen or Congresswomen.(don't forget the women,the DEM's will nail you to the cross) They are addressed as Senators or Representatives to differentiate between the two chambers. Now the Representatives have presented budgets as required however the Senate has not. Hope that helps you understand the difference. I work the night shift so have to go,60 is a mess.
REALLY, must be the BA in History you have that is showing.
To be updated and clear:
A member of the Senate of The United States is a SENATOR
A member of the House of Representatives is commonly called a Congressman/woman/person or House Member. But never have members both Houses of Congress been called Congressman/woman. Lets keep up with the class Joe. We spent tax dollars on your education. Did you pay attention to the school marm when she was a readin and a speakin?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
To be updated and clear:
A member of the House of Representatives is commonly called a Congressman/woman/person or House Member. But never have members both Houses of Congress been called Congressman/woman. Lets keep up with the class Joe. We spent tax dollars on your education. Did you pay attention to the school marm when she was a readin and a speakin?
thank you tommy, he was just trying to be a horses arse with me
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
To be updated and clear:
Perhaps you did not read what "stashu" wrote or you did not understand what he wrote. He said"congress" needs to do its work didn't he? He seperated the Senate from congress not realizing that the Senate IS part of Congress. You might want to read what he wrote before blindingly endorsing an ignorant statement.
http://www.wisegeek.org/in-us-politics-what-i...
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Senators "above the law"(coloquial phrase) I am unaware of any federal law mandating a budget. In fact I am sure there is not a law. Not good fiscal policy at all but "above the law". I am sure you wouldn't approve of the budget that the Senate passed anyway.
Hope this helps you out Tommy,a rather lengthy read but very informative.

http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/committ...

The Senate(not the Congress)has not put forth a budget in four years while the House has,thus my assertion that they seem to be above the law. Maybe "stashu" could read it as well.
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Tommy wrote:
<quoted text>
To be updated and clear:
As a matter of fact I did pay attention but perhaps you did not. Members of both chambers have always been referred to as Congressmen or Congresswomen! When called Congressman or Congresswoman they are being referred to as members of the House Chamber. Now go back and read what "stashu" posted on his two posts. Read up on it when you have time and see if you can give a little nudge to "stashu" to do the same.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

JOE wrote:
<quoted text>As a matter of fact I did pay attention but perhaps you did not. Members of both chambers have always been referred to as Congressmen or Congresswomen! When called Congressman or Congresswoman they are being referred to as members of the House Chamber. Now go back and read what "stashu" posted on his two posts. Read up on it when you have time and see if you can give a little nudge to "stashu" to do the same.
hahaha you were wrong , again joe wipe !
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Tommy
Fredonia, NY
The Senators "above the law"(coloquial phrase) I am unaware of any federal law mandating a budget. "In fact I am sure there is not a law".

Is this a bit more clear for you "stashu" Tommy said he was sure and this proves otherwise. How do you spin this "stashu" I cant wait!
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

stashu gusinski wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha you were wrong , again joe wipe !
Actually it is quite correct and unless you have a verifiable source(I provided one)then it withstands any of your ignorant uneducated comments. Remember it was you and your friend "tommy"that started the name calling,not I!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

I stand by what I said in post # 4 , ya screw ball..
Teacher

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

stashu gusinski wrote:
I stand by what I said in post # 4 , ya screw ball..
What you stand by is not correct Mr. Gusinski nor are the statements by Tommy. Come up to the collage when you have time and do some research.
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>What you stand by is not correct Mr. Gusinski nor are the statements by Tommy. Come up to the collage when you have time and do some research.
you cannot even spell college jocko, what is collage ?? ya dummy
Demos

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

JOE wrote:
<quoted text>Hope this helps you out Tommy,a rather lengthy read but very informative.
The Senate(not the Congress)has not put forth a budget in four years while the House has,thus my assertion that they seem to be above the law. Maybe "stashu" could read it as well.
Duh the point is the Senate is not violating any law, policy or regulation by not passing a budget you and the Grand Old Party would not agree to anyway. Why doe sit matter, the GOP passes a budget the Senate will not approve big deal.
JOE

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Demos wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh the point is the Senate is not violating any law, policy or regulation by not passing a budget you and the Grand Old Party would not agree to anyway. Why doe sit matter, the GOP passes a budget the Senate will not approve big deal.
http://budget.house.gov/uploadedfiles/committ ...

this is a public law "Demos"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Open letter to Debbie Mancuso 32 min Sleep deprived 19
Richard A. Gaszynski 20 hr Supports BMH & LSH 1
Roger M. Torrey 20 hr Supports BMH & LSH 1
city of dunkirk 20 hr Hillary 7
city of dunkirk 21 hr Geo70 12
A few degrees matter a lot Thu Brian_G 78
Fishing Report Wed -Sprocket- 13

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
•••
•••