Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

more good news for American workers. cooke medical WAS going to build five new plants to manufacture medial devices in the US. they have changed thier minds after figuring the 2.3% medical device tax will cost them almost 50 million dollars. they will now begin to look for overseas locations. 1500 good paying jobs down the tube.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

I guess that's offset by the 16,000 new IRS agents hired to enforce Obamacare. Most people will never get a tax return. All of those high dollar ticket industries that profit from tax returns-Auto sales, furniture, jewelry-even a down payment for a home closing cost will disappear. Oh, did I mention the 5%
tax on all real estate transactions?
Clyde10

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

INS REP wrote:
I guess that's offset by the 16,000 new IRS agents hired to enforce Obamacare. Most people will never get a tax return. All of those high dollar ticket industries that profit from tax returns-Auto sales, furniture, jewelry-even a down payment for a home closing cost will disappear. Oh, did I mention the 5%
tax on all real estate transactions?
There is no 5% tax on all real estate transactions. Stop drinking the KoolAid served up by those right-wing blogs and think for yourself for once.
Clyde10

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

If you go to the Cook Medical website, they have a downloadable brochure talking all about how wonderful outsourcing is. If you look at the metadata from the pdf, it shows they produced it in 2007. Outsourcing is probably how William Cook became the 101st richest American before his death last year.

Another non-story thought to be a blockbuster by the death cult.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

I said almost 50 million when it should have been between 20 and 30 million. mixed up that with something else I was reading,sorry. anyway if you google cook medical devices new plants you can read the article. the bottom line is they will build new plants overseas instead of the United States. they have had plants in a couple of different countries because they sell those products to facilities in those countrys. stark fist is trying to distract from the fact that the new plants will not be built here. this is 2012 & 2013 we are talking about,not 2007.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

another interesting fact is that medical device manufactuers and thier sub-contractors employ close to 400,000 people many of whom are small business folks. the 2.3% tax is going to hurt many of them. there are numerous articles on the web about this,do some research.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

Clyde10 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no 5% tax on all real estate transactions. Stop drinking the KoolAid served up by those right-wing blogs and think for yourself for once.
That's what was stated in a training class on Obamacare about a year ago. Probably somewhere in the hundreds of pages of this document.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

you (whoever that might be) can post all the little icons you want but not one of you can refute the fact that the 2.3% medical device tax is going to cost American jobs can you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

The whole point is that they've been champions of outsourcing SINCE AT LEAST 2007.

If their business is unable to withstand 2.3%, they suck at business.

Or maybe they were so inspired by Mitt Romney's record that they just wanted to emulate his success.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

StarkFistOfRemoval wrote:
The whole point is that they've been champions of outsourcing SINCE AT LEAST 2007.
If their business is unable to withstand 2.3%, they suck at business.
Or maybe they were so inspired by Mitt Romney's record that they just wanted to emulate his success.
I don't think you understand what the 2.3% entails. again the facts are that they were going to build 5 new plants in the United States and now they will not. no amount of spin on your part or others can change that.It cost them right at 30 million to renovate the last place they bought. tell me or show me where those facts are not true. again this is 2012 & 2013 we are talking about in case you have lost track of time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

There's nothing to spin.

Who's to blame for all of their outsourcing BEFORE the Affordable Care Act?

So they won't be creating new jobs here... is that better or worse than Mitt and Bain destroying jobs that ACTUALLY EXISTED and outsourcing them?

Your hypocritical double standards are getting weaker and weaker.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

There's nothing to spin.
So they won't be creating new jobs here... is that better or worse than Mitt and Bain destroying jobs that ACTUALLY EXISTED and outsourcing them?
again we are talking about 2012 & 2013 and the American jobs that will be lost due to Obamacare sir. was has Mitt and Bane have to do with this? we once again are talking about 5 new factories that WIIL NOT be built because of the 2.3% medical device tax built in to the Afordable(hick-up) Health care Act. you are trying to change the subject,keep on topic please. again show where what I stated is not true. so far it's been a non-answer on your part.
Clyde10

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

INS REP wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what was stated in a training class on Obamacare about a year ago. Probably somewhere in the hundreds of pages of this document.

is that what they call Indoctrination these days, "training class"?
The tax doesn't exist.
Indvote

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

Judged:

There's nothing to spin.
You go Stark!!! Keep Lord Joe on his toes. I wonder if he ever gets tired of going around and around in a circle chasing his own tail....
Indy

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Indvote wrote:
<quoted text>You go Stark!!! Keep Lord Joe on his toes. I wonder if he ever gets tired of going around and around in a circle chasing his own tail....
The "expert" has chimed in...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

I have read all the articles in reference to whites post and again I must agree with him. this Indvote person is nothing more than an ill informed agitator.
batman

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Indvote wrote:
<quoted text>You go Stark!!! Keep Lord Joe on his toes. I wonder if he ever gets tired of going around and around in a circle chasing his own tail....
we wonder if you ever even completed a circle!!!u freaking moron.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Outsourcing imaginary jobs that never existed is bad, and Obama's fault... Killing existing jobs and outsourcing them makes Mitt a financial wizard worthy of the presidency... I think there's a gas leak in that republican bubble. Keep inhaling that dummy gas, Joe.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Outsourcing imaginary jobs that never existed is bad, and Obama's fault... Killing existing jobs and outsourcing them makes Mitt a financial wizard worthy of the presidency... I think there's a gas leak in that republican bubble. Keep inhaling that dummy gas, Joe.
kind of figured you will not admit the facts are true that I stated. please show the connection between Mitt and Cook Medical wanting to build the new plants overseas because of the blow they and others will take to thier working capital because of the Obamacare repressive 2.3% tax. if you can't do that then I will not answer your posts any longer. your spins are making us dizzy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of218
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Dunkirk Forum right now

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr BJ Datta 6,332
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 5 hr Billy O Liar 16,768
That's a lot of baby formula! 6 hr MostPeopleStink 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Billy O Liar 6,353
Chautauqua County Fair 13 hr yeahnah 7
Puerto Ricans invest Dunkirk for the Welfare Be... (Jan '14) 16 hr ralph 82
rip joe white 23 hr Ambat 5
•••
•••
•••
Dunkirk Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••