Developing Sunset Bay

Developing Sunset Bay

There are 11 comments on the Observer story from Jun 21, 2012, titled Developing Sunset Bay. In it, Observer reports that:

A tourism destination that will include a hotel, waterpark, restaurants and a travel plaza is being developed for Sunset Bay in Irving.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 21, 2012
While this is great for Sunset Bay, its pretty disappointing that the Dunkirk Economic Development Corp didnt know there was a company looking to do a TEN MILLION DOLLAR project in the area.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jun 21, 2012
_Leonard_ wrote:
While this is great for Sunset Bay, its pretty disappointing that the Dunkirk Economic Development Corp didnt know there was a company looking to do a TEN MILLION DOLLAR project in the area.
just wait until the SEQR finds that there is an endangered piss ant living in the lands being considered for development and we can not disturb them!
Really

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2012
_Leonard_ wrote:
That shouldnt be surprising, there is no forward thinking going on, all they are expending their energy on is trying to dig up dirt on the past admin, and if they do, ok, then what? Congrats? Um, now lets move forward....There are no plans, they will just wait for opportunities to fall into their lap instead of seak them...
OTB

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Jun 21, 2012
_Leonard_ wrote:
Leonard the Borrello's are from the Irving, Hanover area. Why would they deal with The City to start with. I think the money for this project is coming from the owner of the pro oil company which is a Borrello. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Location hidden

#5 Jun 22, 2012
Thanks OTB...that makes sense.
OTB

Dunkirk, NY

#6 Jun 22, 2012
I took a ride to Irving today just to see where the location was. If it is where the article indicates it is to be located, it is right across from Jim White's Car Sales. I belive it was stated that the area is 11.6 or so acres. Right now it just dosen't look like a lot of room to build what they are proposing. I guess when you clear the land it may look much bigger. It actually is right next to Lake Shore Hospital.

Location hidden

#7 Jun 22, 2012
that could be a good location
Resident

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2012
I agree.....
Resident

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2012
I agree
Resident

United States

#10 Jun 23, 2012
Enuff off of ther own people and stealing frm the natives. The Borellos get all ther gas & propane tax free from the refinery on Mike Jimersons status then they still up the prices on everybody. Ask TPS who the owner is..
Resident

United States

#11 Jun 23, 2012
The Borellos hve been ripping people off for yrs. They should be building more then a water park for the community.. wow from a bar room to a waterpark. The Borellos get all ther gas & propane tax free frm the refinery on the Indian status of the so called owner of TPS but still charges all customers the high price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Start firing the Nappy Heads 14 min Marty W 3
fight 11 hr Wtf 10
Dunkirk Dog Catcher Steve Purol (Sep '12) Sun don 88
DLDC taking cash donations?!? How stupid can th... Sun tito 9
Lizzie B. Groomer at petsmart. Sun Thewrongone 1
Petey the pill head Sep 23 Jordan 21
News Destination Dunkirk Sep 23 Tito 10

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance