Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

I wouldn't buy a damn thing from those low life degenerate drug users. They aren't curtious at all. They cater to the police and kiss ass. They have no consideration for our local hunters. They just want money. Shop elsewhere. Cabelas,Gainder Mtn, Bass pro, Dicks, Old sarges drop zone. They even told me this isn't a day care because I had my kid with me,How Bold and rude! They don't care about any locals at all. They don't Donate any money to anything but the police associasion. No local hunters, or shooting events. Nothing. Greed. They think there better then everyone because they know police officers and atf nics people. There better then us normal country folk they said. Totally disgusted with them.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

I don't know who these people are that own JJ Guns but they should treat everyone like a good customer, unless you gave them shit first. I find it hard to believe there is a business in this area that wouldn't want the extra business police or not. I do fail to see how this makes them pathetic drug users. Sounds like you left out the good parts of the story!
hopeful

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

My opinion ok wrote:
I don't know who these people are that own JJ Guns but they should treat everyone like a good customer, unless you gave them shit first. I find it hard to believe there is a business in this area that wouldn't want the extra business police or not. I do fail to see how this makes them pathetic drug users. Sounds like you left out the good parts of the story!
Agree, sounds like you might have been treated based on your attitude. Jeff Jankowiak has been in business for several years and I have never heard anything bad. Highly doubt he is using drugs. My boys have both been in his store and have always been treated with respect...maybe because they show repect.. hmmm
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

bought a firearm from them,great folks,good deal. whats the problem?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

All three businesses in the complex-SNP Auto,Escobar Cafe, and JJ Guns are all Christian owned businesses. They all attend the same church. The one in Fredonia on Lakeview Drive-Family Church, or something like that. I doubt very much if JJ is using drugs. I've had guns repaired, scopes mounted and bore sighted,purchased ammo and parts from him. He's always treated me with respect. He always has a coffee pot going for customers. I've never seen any of his employees be rude to anybody. He's not the cheapest in town, but for me he's done quality work for a reasonable price. How many gun smiths are their in the area? Getting a gun repaired in Buffalo or Erie is two round trips and 1/2 a day each time.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

John Boy wrote:
I wouldn't buy a damn thing from those low life degenerate drug users. They aren't curtious at all. They cater to the police and kiss ass. They have no consideration for our local hunters. They just want money. Shop elsewhere. Cabelas,Gainder Mtn, Bass pro, Dicks, Old sarges drop zone. They even told me this isn't a day care because I had my kid with me,How Bold and rude! They don't care about any locals at all. They don't Donate any money to anything but the police associasion. No local hunters, or shooting events. Nothing. Greed. They think there better then everyone because they know police officers and atf nics people. There better then us normal country folk they said. Totally disgusted with them.
u r an a-hole
McGillicuddy

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Your little puke kid was probably running around trying to pick everything up and being a general nuisance.
Wowser

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Isn't these forums for NEWS????? Why do I see nothing but people starting trouble and trying to make people look bad. Wow people take a look in the mirror before you start talking about other people. You people are pathetic.
Former Customer

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

About six months ago I went into JJ's to purchase a new AR-15. After looking around for a few minutes I asked the guy behind the counter to see one of the guns. I was quite taken back with the way he acted like I was putting him out. When I asked to see a second gun, he made a smart comment about "window shopping". I left the store, never to return. I took my business over to Old Sarge's Drop Zone and I'm glad I did. I got a nicer rifle with all the accessories I was looking for as well as some .223 for less that the cost of the basic rifle at JJ's. The guy behind the counter was helpful and friendly. I don't know anything about drug use. What I do know is that I never go back to JJ's. Once people find out about Old Sarge, I don't see JJ's being around for long.
junkman

North Java, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

i think you people are nuts, been in jj a few times, they have always been super nice, and a great help, my glock came from them, they were only a little more for a new one the what old sarges wanted for a used one? to each there own, i hate walmart, but millions of people love it, not fair to bash someone on here, i'm sure there is more to the story being left out..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

Judged:

JJ caters more to the hunter. Lots of little "supplies" in the woods necessities. Quality scopes,Hornaday ammo,game calls, etc. They are people who know hunting guns and know how to repair them. He sells the best scope mounts,and he has a $500 bore sighting tool that he does a great job with.

Old Sarges caters more to military/law enforcement.A lot of surplus military stuff. Nothing wrong with that, both shops have their place. I'd rather have a NIKON Scope than a NCSTAR or REDFIELD.It's the difference between "high end" and "low end". I'd rather shoot Hornaday ammo than surplus. I'd rather have a good quality leather gun sling than a olive drab strap. That's me. Maybe you feel differently.
Old sarges Customer

Walton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

I got my glock pistol from Rick at old sarge's. I went to JJ's first. They did have the one I wanted, but I thought the price was a little high. I asked Jeff if he could do a little better on the price and I was asked to leave. He acted as if I insulted him. Its not like I asked him to give it to me for free. So I got in my truck and went down to old sarge's. Rick had the exact same glock pistol for a great price. It was even less than I was willing to pay for it at JJ's. I bought it right there on the spot. Rick even gave me a deal on some ammo when I went back to pick it up.
I understand that businesses are there to make money. I know how competive it is in todays market with the internet and big box stores and all. For me it all comes down to service. I'd much rather deal with someone who knows what they are talking about and can actually help me make a purchasing decision. I feel that both Jeff and Rick are very knowledgeable when it comes to firearms and such. If Jeff would have respectfully declined my request for a better price, I probably still would have purchased from him. Instead,he became rude and basically sent me to his competitor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2011

Judged:

I find that hard to believe. Been there many times and they are always hospitable to me. Are you sure you don't work for Old Sarges? By the way, I frequent both stores.
Old sarges Customer

Walton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

No, I don't work for Old Sarge's.. Maybe I caught Jeff on a bad day or something. I just cant believe I would be "thrown out" of his store. All I did was ask for his best price. I wasn't being rude or giving him some ridiculous "lowball" offer. Maybe he has changed and is nicer to people. I will never be back to find out.
Vet

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Judged:

I think this is a terrible place to call someone out. I will tell you the only thing I know of JJ's....they do donate their time & money to Northern Chaut. Ducks Unlimited.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

Judged:

I have a Savage 300 WSM rifle. It kicked so bad you could hardly shoot it. Jeff installed a Limbsaver recoil pad for me.Limbsaver's claim to fame is it reduces recoil by up to 70%. I'll tell you, it really did the trick! The price was within a few dollars of Dick's or Gander Mountain, but it was a drive to Sheridan. Plus, he had it installed in no time! Thanks, Jeff!
Old sarges Customer

Walton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2011

I agree with you Vet. Calling someone out on a forum like this is pretty low. Making accusations about drug use is a serious thing. Especially without proof. I just wanted to share my poor experience at that store. Others seem to have great experiences at JJ's. Hopefully more people do too.
Old Sarges Customer _2

Westfield, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this. I frequent old sarges- yep they have a lot of military surplus downstairs but they sure do have a lot of non surplus ammo, guns, slings and other little things a hunter can use.Have been pretty happy over all and have gotten what I needed. They may have to order something but overall best selection and prices unless you go to Buffalo or Erie. Prefer to keep my business local though. It is like one stop shopping!
ARshooter

Westfield, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2011

Judged:

Jeff is a decent guy just trying to earn a buck and knows his shit. His wife on the other hand has no clue i went there and asked her if they had any ar uppers in stock and she had no clue what i was talkin about

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2011

Judged:

I've taken a few guns to Jeff for accessories, parts and repairs. He knows exactly what to do, he's honest and fair. I've had him install a few custom Limbsaver recoil pads on some of my guns, I just ordered another one from him. Quality work at an affordable price and he's local. He's great at bore sighting. Why take a gun to Buffalo or Erie and spend $25.00 in gas and a day to save $5.00? Doesn't make sense. He's my first stop for accessories, parts and repairs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of74
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Dunkirk Forum right now

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 42 min Billy O Liar 6,353
Chautauqua County Fair 5 hr yeahnah 7
Puerto Ricans invest Dunkirk for the Welfare Be... (Jan '14) 7 hr ralph 82
rip joe white 14 hr Ambat 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 20 hr Voter 16,767
News on Monday about Lakeview Shock 23 hr Well duh 11
Open letter to Debbie Mancuso Mon Jaromir jagr 2
•••
•••
•••
Dunkirk Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000