County Home should be sold

County Home should be sold

There are 15 comments on the Observer story from Dec 16, 2012, titled County Home should be sold. In it, Observer reports that:

Chautauqua County's largest employee union is making an attempt to negotiate a deal with County Government that would keep the County Home operated as a taxpayer subsidized entity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

huh

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Who wrote that article?
Big John

Fredonia, NY

#2 Dec 16, 2012
huh wrote:
Who wrote that article?
beats the hell out of me,must be no by line right below the header of the article??????????
huh

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>beats the hell out of me,must be no by line right below the header of the article??????????
You are right. It wasn't originally on the Observer website. I don't subscribe. Shouldn't the Chamber be more directly involved with their members than Trannum trying to believe he is a politician?
Big John

Fredonia, NY

#4 Dec 17, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. It wasn't originally on the Observer website. I don't subscribe. Shouldn't the Chamber be more directly involved with their members than Trannum trying to believe he is a politician?
You should subscribe as you would see that the Chamber and Trannum are directly involved with us. If you live in or around the community you should subscribe as the Observer is the official media outlet for legal notices and other public information. No I am not in anyway involved or employed by the Observer.
huh

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>You should subscribe as you would see that the Chamber and Trannum are directly involved with us. If you live in or around the community you should subscribe as the Observer is the official media outlet for legal notices and other public information. No I am not in anyway involved or employed by the Observer.
Trannum is directly involved with us? Where, when, how?
Big John

Fredonia, NY

#6 Dec 18, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Trannum is directly involved with us? Where, when, how?
am I supposed to be your portal into the media?
huh

Dunkirk, NY

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>am I supposed to be your portal into the media?
You are the one who stated that Trannum is "DIRECTLY involved".

Please answer the question.
Duh

Fredonia, NY

#8 Dec 18, 2012
huh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. It wasn't originally on the Observer website. I don't subscribe. Shouldn't the Chamber be more directly involved with their members than Trannum trying to believe he is a politician?
First Davey Dawson now Toddy Tranum whos nexxt:
Andy Anderson
William Williams
Cory Craven
Brian Bellows
Travis Teitweiler
That article was the exact reason another Chamber ED was removed too political. I like how someone without any I repeat ANY expereinc ein government administration or budgeting speaks ex cathedra on the County Home.
BTW wanna sell the county home, ok
also remove all Sheriff road patrols-all of them its optional not required. Let NYSP do it.
Close county landfill.
Close County Youth Bureaue programs-yes I know it was merged, no more grants.
Close IDA and Department of Development- corporate welfare programs.
REDUCE staff of SS to absolute minimum to comply with NYS law and finally eliminate County Executive position to County Manager.
So, ok close and sell county Home as long as you also do the above.
Otherwise, leave it alone.
ganger

Buffalo, NY

#9 Dec 26, 2012
SELL SELL SELL
Big John

Fredonia, NY

#10 Dec 26, 2012
ganger wrote:
SELL SELL SELL
AGREE X 3!!! We cant afford $9,000 a day.
cheech

North Tonawanda, NY

#11 Dec 26, 2012
Big John wrote:
<quoted text>AGREE X 3!!! We cant afford $9,000 a day.
You are another brainless moron..
come on

Dunkirk, NY

#12 Dec 27, 2012
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
First Davey Dawson now Toddy Tranum whos nexxt:
Andy Anderson
William Williams
Cory Craven
Brian Bellows
Travis Teitweiler
That article was the exact reason another Chamber ED was removed too political. I like how someone without any I repeat ANY expereinc ein government administration or budgeting speaks ex cathedra on the County Home.
BTW wanna sell the county home, ok
also remove all Sheriff road patrols-all of them its optional not required. Let NYSP do it.
Close county landfill.
Close County Youth Bureaue programs-yes I know it was merged, no more grants.
Close IDA and Department of Development- corporate welfare programs.
REDUCE staff of SS to absolute minimum to comply with NYS law and finally eliminate County Executive position to County Manager.
So, ok close and sell county Home as long as you also do the above.
Otherwise, leave it alone.
You want to screw all the other departments because you think the county home isn't being treated right. What a jerk you are. Clueless.
come on

Dunkirk, NY

#13 Dec 27, 2012
Duh is saying close the other departments because the home is going to be sold. Your thought doesn't make sense. Your talking about closing other departments; where as if the county home is sold IT WILL STILL BE OPEN and people will still have a job. You are clueless. Apples and oranges.
cheech

North Tonawanda, NY

#14 Dec 27, 2012
come on wrote:
Duh is saying close the other departments because the home is going to be sold. Your thought doesn't make sense. Your talking about closing other departments; where as if the county home is sold IT WILL STILL BE OPEN and people will still have a job. You are clueless. Apples and oranges.
Moran!!...
Hank

Fredonia, NY

#15 Mar 10, 2013
One star is shameful and a black eye for the county. Thanks CSEA,nice job! Government + union= a disaster! Think Lori Cornell might need another box of tissues after reading about this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Not Re-Elect David Prince Town Justice (Aug '11) 22 hr commentor 113
Is the white inn still open(bar,dining room)? Wed Dean woods 11
Nick shelley Wed Gregarious 6
White inn krauza-less? Wed Gregarious 1
showing boobs Jul 20 sister Pendulous ... 21
The hottest men in Dunkirk. Go! Jul 20 Yum 1
Badd Kitty Club (Jan '15) Jul 19 Bigdick 8

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages