City of Dunkirk Building Inspector

City of Dunkirk Building Inspector

Posted in the Dunkirk Forum

Since: Jun 10

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2010
Does this guy have a job or does the city just hand him an overweight paycheck like others employed by the city? When a person rides around residentual areas there is much under maintained property that is not kept up in accordance with city ordinances. Drive by businesses like Paradise Fence Co. and the window has been boarded up for three years. Dunkirk COULD be a better place to live if property was kept up and I don't mean painting homes colors of the rainbow that deter from the neighborhood. Something needs to change soon or everything will be rental property cause nothing will sell.
Leonard

Dunkirk, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2010
I think they should consider Wally Baker for the position.
Birdie

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2010
Oh man, did you hit the nail on the head!! There is not a street in Dunkirk that does not have it's share of dumps....people have no respect anymore - either for themselves or their neighbors. Zoning? What the heck is that? It is non-existant in the City. The best is when people buy a house and then set up a business in their garage and you get to listen to the noise/traffic all nite long. Complain to the Mayor/Council - that's another big joke. Have another beer and ha, ha, ha....that's the attitude in good old Dunkirk, New York.....All they care about these days is the Harborfront.
old-timer from the hills

Fredonia, NY

#4 Jun 18, 2010
took a ride the other night to watch the sunset at the point,only to be treated to one of the ugliest sights in the county... The back of the gas station next to the Moose Club....Boy what a mess to advertise the beauty of the park at Pt.Gratiot

Location hidden

#5 Jun 18, 2010
old-timer from the hills wrote:
took a ride the other night to watch the sunset at the point,only to be treated to one of the ugliest sights in the county... The back of the gas station next to the Moose Club....Boy what a mess to advertise the beauty of the park at Pt.Gratiot
Not only that, but look at the poor cliff line as you're driving thru the Point! Chunks of ugly cement blocks thrown there as to keep the erosion away....trees ready to topple over from the roots having no where else to go! There will be no more Point Gratiot in a few hundred years if Dunkirk doesn't get the Army Corps of Engineers in there and fix that up properly!
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#6 Jun 18, 2010
Maybe if the City got smart and started charging to enter park areas.......they would have additional revenue to maintain them to the standards of those that choose to criticize.......yes it would be great to have better roads though parks and lakefront.....I say charge a fee to use.
Forestville hick

Jamestown, NY

#7 Jun 18, 2010
i will nots pay a dime, nuttin in dRunkirk, i mean drugkIrk worth paying fer.

Location hidden

#8 Jun 19, 2010
wiggles wrote:
Maybe if the City got smart and started charging to enter park areas.......they would have additional revenue to maintain them to the standards of those that choose to criticize.......yes it would be great to have better roads though parks and lakefront.....I say charge a fee to use.
A good start in collecting revenue would be if the local police jurisdictions starting enforcing the cell phone law!! Every other person driving up the Avenue is on their cell phone.$75 per fine that I see on the phone to me equals so many standard improvements.
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Jun 19, 2010
Forestville hick wrote:
i will nots pay a dime, nuttin in dRunkirk, i mean drugkIrk worth paying fer.
GOOD........one less parking space that will be used and available for someone who would like to enjoy what other communities don't have ......ie: lakefront with sunset, beaches, dock.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 20, 2010
wiggles wrote:
<quoted text>
GOOD........one less parking space that will be used and available for someone who would like to enjoy what other communities don't have ......ie: lakefront with sunset, beaches, dock.
Amen to that....
bully dog

Westfield, NY

#11 Jun 5, 2016
It just depends on who ya know, and who ya blow. I get zoning infaraction letters whenever a tenant moves in or out. A piece or 2 of furnishings left overnight on the porch and I get a letter. I call and the tenants say it was handled 2 days prior. Maybe Al Zeroski has a thing for me, or is trying to drive me out to buy me property? I cant say for sure. But for sure, theres never been a thing out of place over 24Hrs. Ive got letters over a rust stain in an aluminum gutter, no exageration! My one long term tenant cares for the place as if he owned it. Flowers every sping, lawns cut, sidewalks shoveled, porch painted, edges trimmed. He keeps it beautiful, so his rent hasn't changed in 15+ yrs. But a tenant moves out, and Al sends me a letter, often before Ive known the tenants let me know. Because a piece of furniture is left on the porch over night. Maybe he lives across the street and see writes me on his way out the door? I dont know, buts it is ridiculess. 6 or 8 letters a yr for 20+ yrs. Its comical. And ya, I see the shit holes, boarded up windows, tall lawns, busted sidewalks, trash and junk filled yards, unregistered cars that are all over the city for yrs, but somehow I'm being wrote up over an oven on my porch overnight. So IMO he is over paid, and over zellous. There ought to be a 5 yr term for any public job, give other residents in this piss poor economy a chance to get a good job. Maybe there will be fewer holding the shovel and more doing the digging.
No BS

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jun 5, 2016
bully dog wrote:
It just depends on who ya know, and who ya blow. I get zoning infaraction letters whenever a tenant moves in or out. A piece or 2 of furnishings left overnight on the porch and I get a letter. I call and the tenants say it was handled 2 days prior. Maybe Al Zeroski has a thing for me, or is trying to drive me out to buy me property? I cant say for sure. But for sure, theres never been a thing out of place over 24Hrs. Ive got letters over a rust stain in an aluminum gutter, no exageration! My one long term tenant cares for the place as if he owned it. Flowers every sping, lawns cut, sidewalks shoveled, porch painted, edges trimmed. He keeps it beautiful, so his rent hasn't changed in 15+ yrs. But a tenant moves out, and Al sends me a letter, often before Ive known the tenants let me know. Because a piece of furniture is left on the porch over night. Maybe he lives across the street and see writes me on his way out the door? I dont know, buts it is ridiculess. 6 or 8 letters a yr for 20+ yrs. Its comical. And ya, I see the shit holes, boarded up windows, tall lawns, busted sidewalks, trash and junk filled yards, unregistered cars that are all over the city for yrs, but somehow I'm being wrote up over an oven on my porch overnight. So IMO he is over paid, and over zellous. There ought to be a 5 yr term for any public job, give other residents in this piss poor economy a chance to get a good job. Maybe there will be fewer holding the shovel and more doing the digging.
I couldn't agree with you more. My neighbors houses in both sides look as if they are ready to fall down. Junk all over their yards, on their porches, yards are overgrown and nothing has been done about it. I however got a notice for having a broken window! Now keep in mind,. The scumbag neighbor busted my window and it was fixed with in s week and a half. Couldn't get it fixed any sooner.
sick of pigs

Dunkirk, NY

#13 Jun 7, 2016
the whole city is a dump never in my life time have I seen it like this Dunkirk used to be beautiful, we were proud of our city. now we have scum coming in from PR - VILLE! what a bunch of pigs!!! go up and down some of the streets ruggles, king etc,they are everywhere!.
Hdd

Dunkirk, NY

#14 Jun 14, 2016
Are compost piles aloud in Dunkirk?the neighbor has one its attracting rats
Timetogo

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Jul 9, 2016
I heard he makes 60 grand a year!!!! For what? Buildings collapsing everywhere but he drives around blind. Rosas promised to fix the city. When?
mike

Dunkirk, NY

#16 Jul 10, 2016
Hdd wrote:
Are compost piles aloud in Dunkirk?the neighbor has one its attracting rats
shoo them back to fredonia
Hesworthless

Dunkirk, NY

#17 Jul 15, 2016
He's worthless, worthless, worthless
dennis

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jul 17, 2016
Timetogo wrote:
I heard he makes 60 grand a year!!!! For what? Buildings collapsing everywhere but he drives around blind. Rosas promised to fix the city. When?
rosas will fix everything the Spanish need
whatsup

Dunkirk, NY

#19 Aug 9, 2016
I saw in the paper that the dummy can't even handle illegal political signs. No wonder Dunkirk is full of run down buildings. He's the building inspector! Earn your $60,000! you bum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
muslim mosque on rt 60 by the thurway? (Nov '15) 6 hr Had enuff myself 27
Turn the old Brooks into a second County jail. 12 hr Eatmyshorts 4
Unregistered Vehicles (Nov '11) 22 hr Donna ULTA 34
save a lot 23 hr Donna ULTA 17
Not a control board Sep 23 boo 7
City DPW Director Resigns? Sep 22 timeisfire 15
The Bills Sep 20 Realist 17

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance