First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious

Orchard Park, NY

#1 Oct 21, 2012
Does anyone know the details of the train and pedestrian accident today in Dunkirk?
Sally

Buffalo, NY

#2 Oct 21, 2012
Curious wrote:
Does anyone know the details of the train and pedestrian accident today in Dunkirk?
Are you kidding me? If you and your family are ok, then mind your f***ing business. Have some class and show respect....
chan

Buffalo, NY

#3 Oct 21, 2012
Somebody had enough of the buffalo bills
Duh

Albany, NY

#4 Oct 21, 2012
Sally wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding me? If you and your family are ok, then mind your f***ing business. Have some class and show respect....
Man stfu as if topic is about minding ones business. Please smh. For all you or anyone else knows it could very well be somebody any of us know
WHAT

Fredonia, NY

#5 Oct 21, 2012
chan wrote:
Somebody had enough of the buffalo bills
What a jerk to say that!
jenn

Buffalo, NY

#6 Oct 21, 2012
Sally wrote:
<quoted text> Are you kidding me? If you and your family are ok, then mind your f***ing business. Have some class and show respect....
Really? You use f*** then tell someone else to have some class? Remember when pointing the finger at someone, you have 3 fingers pointing back at you.

Since: Oct 12

Cassadaga, NY

#7 Oct 21, 2012
Sally wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding me? If you and your family are ok, then mind your f***ing business. Have some class and show respect....
Mind your business, but who was the first person to reply to her question? And if you minded your business you wouldn't have a topix acct.
HELLO KETTLE!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8 Oct 21, 2012
Whoever it was, I just pray that the family makes it through this tragedy in as best a way that anyone can.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 21, 2012
Amen Leonard.
kiki

Olean, NY

#10 Oct 22, 2012
absolutely leonard. i used to live in dk and know many folks who walk to and from work. prayers for their family..
kiki

Olean, NY

#11 Oct 22, 2012
Sally wrote:
really? if you were one to mind your own business, you wouldn't be creeping on topix..... just sayin...say some prayers
Roz

Fredonia, NY

#12 Oct 22, 2012
I'm getting tired of hearing about the trains not being safe, not blowing their horns, the cross gates not working, etc. The majority of these in Dunkirk are drunken suicides. I feel worse for the people who get stuck cleaning it up.
bored

Fredonia, NY

#13 Oct 22, 2012
From the group home?

Location hidden

#14 Oct 22, 2012
They just had the name on News4Buffalo. I'm not posting it even though it was on the news. Someone else can if they want.

I just wish there was a fix to the train issue altogether.
onceuponatime

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Oct 22, 2012
_Leonard_ wrote:
They just had the name on News4Buffalo. I'm not posting it even though it was on the news. Someone else can if they want.
I just wish there was a fix to the train issue altogether.
There is---STAY OFF THE TRACKS UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAIN! Stop your car and look down the tracks for a light, listen for the rumble and the horns, if the gards are down--DON"T GO AROUND THEM! If you are walking---stay off them and the land immediately aroung the tracks that the railroads own (that's tresspassing). You can see trains long before they are near you, you can hear the horns forever, and you can feel the vibrations on the ground. Like the old saying "play with fire, get burnt." Walk on the tracks, sooner or later you are going to get hit. It's about time PEOPLE start taking responsibility for THEMSELVES!!!!!! Now some engineer will spend the rest of his life with the memory of this and most likely, it wasn't his fault! I also agee with the other poster, my heart goes out to the fire/resuce people that need to clean up the aftermath. I know the scars these scenes have left on several fire/rescue people.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 22, 2012
I totally agee with you. However if people took personal responsibility more seriously, we woudn't need the seatbelt, cellphone or texting while driving laws (among many others).

Since moving the tracks is obviously not an option, I feel it has come to the point to require ten foot fencing along the entire length within the city. At each crossing, and automatic fence would close just as the current crossing arm comes down.

It may seem crazy and some will call it overkill. I'm just sick of hearing of these deaths every year.

Lastly, this may have been a suicide. Noone has said that, it is my own thought, and fencing won't stop those who want to harm thmselves, but it would definitely eliminate people driving around the guards and other incidents that are truly accidents.
onceuponatime

Dunkirk, NY

#17 Oct 22, 2012
Fence will never happen and would not stop cars from going around gates....maybe make the arms longer....

As for personal responsibility, well, you can lead the horse to water, drinking, well that's a whole new thing.....however, the City could really reduce some debt if the police started writing tickets for all those minor infractions that have a fee that stays here within the city and the building inspector for those with yard and housing infractions. I AM NOT bashing on our PD eiter, I have the uttmost respect for them and the job they do. Get the word out that PERSONAL responsibility is expected in our city!
Yucca

Fredonia, NY

#18 Oct 23, 2012
The only "train issue" is that it's a quick way to off oneself. Suicide is an intentional act. Gates and cars weren't involved. He was a pedestrian. good luck preventing that!
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

#19 Oct 23, 2012
onceuponatime wrote:
Fence will never happen and would not stop cars from going around gates....maybe make the arms longer....
As for personal responsibility, well, you can lead the horse to water, drinking, well that's a whole new thing.....however, the City could really reduce some debt if the police started writing tickets for all those minor infractions that have a fee that stays here within the city and the building inspector for those with yard and housing infractions. I AM NOT bashing on our PD eiter, I have the uttmost respect for them and the job they do. Get the word out that PERSONAL responsibility is expected in our city!
Personal responsibilty,sorry lost art that went away with the entitlement society that has crept in over the years. Its getting worse as well.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 23, 2012
The area around tracks is owned by the railroad and our police do not have to watch everyone that crosses or walks near them...many cross these tracks getting to work at the ice cream plant. Its the persons choice to walk there. Who said it was suicide?? Who knows when those trains will come by, he wasnt waiting there, he was walking to his home and maybe just thought he could cross it or maybe tripped...will we ever really know for sure??? I live by railroad tracks so dont tell me I dont know what I am talking about...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dunkirk Drug Busts 10 min xoxoxoprincess 29
Another OD???? Wed unknown 2
who are these people? Wed fishie 1
News Heroin bust nabs city man Jul 28 Harry Win 11
Robert Gee charges and suicide Jul 28 Vigerlante 4
MVP Shopping Essentials scam (Jan '11) Jul 27 commentor 11
best people that died too young (Dec '09) Jul 26 Charmaine Hooten 503
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages