Kindergarden Teachers
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Janet

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Nov 3, 2011
We have family moving into the area with a boy my daughters age and they are strict Catholics and wanting to send their son to Catholic school. My daughter is going to Fredonia and we love the teacher. I have friends however who have a child in kindergarden at NCCS and their not quite sure about the teacher. How should I advise them??? Is the kindergarden teacher at NCCS good or should I advise them to steer clear???

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 3, 2011
It's typical of Dunkirkers not to know how to spell, so your post is not surprising. FTR, it is "kidergarten".

Did you know in my day in the 80's when I went to school here, people also referred to the Puerto Ricans as "the Spanish".

And a Dunkirk teacher send me a card saying "congradulations" for some academic accomplishment.

And for much of the 90's and 2000's, Dunkirk did not have a website, nor did the school system, when everyone else did. It was laughable.

I'm sorry for being mean, but Dunkirk was always a loser town.

Location hidden

#3 Nov 3, 2011
"kindergarten"
LOVE IT

Fredonia, NY

#4 Nov 3, 2011
We had her starting at the middle of last year and she was fantastic. Our son loved her and our son's reading skills really took off! I know that she is strict, as most Catholic School teachers are, so bad behavior is not tolerated. Catholic School is not right for parents who have a "not my child" mentality. We are also very pleased with the First grade teacher this year. We liked the Pre K teacher very much, too. Sweet lady, but,again, very strict. I also hear good things about Fredonia, to be honest. Friends of ours have their kids there, and the kids seem to do well and enjoy it. Only criticism I have heard of the Catholic School is that the Middle School grades are not the best and some of the classes are really small. I think there are about a half dozen kids in the 8th grade. If that's the case when our son is that age, not sure we'll stay.
Janet

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Nov 3, 2011
mileena wrote:
It's typical of Dunkirkers not to know how to spell, so your post is not surprising. FTR, it is "kidergarten".
Did you know in my day in the 80's when I went to school here, people also referred to the Puerto Ricans as "the Spanish".
And a Dunkirk teacher send me a card saying "congradulations" for some academic accomplishment.
And for much of the 90's and 2000's, Dunkirk did not have a website, nor did the school system, when everyone else did. It was laughable.
No your not sorry for being mean!!! Your just a rude individual who is of no help so why post??? By the way I actually live in Fredonia. I'm just posting here beacause I thought someone might be of assistance. So go crawl back into your hole.
LOVE IT

Fredonia, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2011
Janet wrote:
<quoted text>
No your not sorry for being mean!!! Your just a rude individual who is of no help so why post??? By the way I actually live in Fredonia. I'm just posting here beacause I thought someone might be of assistance. So go crawl back into your hole.
Besides the fact that she's completely off-topic, and her information is wrong. I had friends who attended Dunkirk Public Schools during the time period she mentioned, and what they did in computer class was way far beyond anything my school had. They were learning computer programming, and had a VAX system way before anyone else in the area. People knock Dunkirk and their schools, but back in the day, their computer classes were very advanced compared to any other school in the area. If I remember correctly, there was a teacher there who was very into computers who developed the whole thing for them. I have friends who go to Dunkirk Elementary Schools, too. While you'd want to stay away from some of the schools, some of the others have awesome teachers from what I hear.
big dummy

Jamestown, NY

#7 Nov 4, 2011
Janet wrote:
<quoted text>
kindergarten baby,stick your head in gravy,wash it out with bubble gum and send it to the navy

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#8 Nov 4, 2011
mileena wrote:
"kindergarten"
HAHA fail typing.

As someone who came to visit here occasionally during my school years I say the same as mileena's account. Everything here seems 1-3 years behind. Like, where I learned to work first, they didnt teach me to use a pen or pencil. Lots of businesses here still use that junk.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#9 Nov 4, 2011
Janet wrote:
<quoted text>
janet let me first say that some people on these threads have no clue and only want to attack other people. i would think that NCCS would be a excellent choice but perhaps the parents might want to see for themselves and speak with the principal and teacher.
nccs all the way

Dunkirk, NY

#10 Nov 4, 2011
the teacher is amazing! i will promote nccs any day of the week. its a great catholic education. my daughter love it and loves her teacher.
Interesting

Fredonia, NY

#11 Nov 4, 2011
Norezen wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA fail typing.
As someone who came to visit here occasionally during my school years I say the same as mileena's account. Everything here seems 1-3 years behind. Like, where I learned to work first, they didnt teach me to use a pen or pencil. Lots of businesses here still use that junk.
Translation, anyone? Hopefully, the bulk of this person's education came from outside of the area! I have no clue what they are trying to say!
acu

Fredonia, NY

#12 Nov 4, 2011
mileena wrote:
send or sent you a card?

Location hidden

#13 Nov 4, 2011
"By the way I actually live in Fredonia. I'm just posting here beacause I thought someone might be of assistance. So go crawl back into your hole."

That's strange: under your name it says "Dunkirk". And as far as your incompetence goes, I call it like it is.

"send or sent you a card?"

It's called a typo. There's a big difference between that and not knowing how to spell, as in Janet's case.
Ind vote

Youngstown, NY

#14 Nov 4, 2011
mileena wrote:
"By the way I actually live in Fredonia. I'm just posting here beacause I thought someone might be of assistance. So go crawl back into your hole."
That's strange: under your name it says "Dunkirk". And as far as your incompetence goes, I call it like it is.
"send or sent you a card?"
It's called a typo. There's a big difference between that and not knowing how to spell, as in Janet's case.
Yet your location is listed as hidden! YOU should stay that way---HIDDEN! The location is based on your service provider NOT your residential location. It's a typo when YOU are in error, but incompetence and spelling error when it is others....PLEASE...
ADA

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Nov 4, 2011
mileena wrote:
Why did you feel the need to post here? What was your point? Your comments had nothing to do with the original thread. If you cannot contribute in a positive manner, then you need to be silent.
Be Aware

North Tonawanda, NY

#16 Nov 4, 2011
I'm going to be completely honest here kindergarten at NCCS is great and the teacher is awesome but strict... But the thing is tuition is high and it goes up every year and also when they get in the higher grades they tend to fall a little behind where they would be in the public school... My daughter used to go there till the 4th grade when tuition got so high I could not afford to send her there anymore so I sent her to the public school and the first year at the public school she was way behind in reading and math... she is in her second year at the public school and thanks to alot of help and work she is doing great... So as for discipline, manner's and a great early start education NCCS is great but just be careful of the studies as they get older, make sure they are learning what they need to know!!!
big dummy

Jamestown, NY

#17 Nov 5, 2011
Norezen wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHA fail typing.
who's the dummy now??
LOVE IT

East Haven, CT

#18 Nov 5, 2011
Be Aware wrote:
I'm going to be completely honest here kindergarten at NCCS is great and the teacher is awesome but strict... But the thing is tuition is high and it goes up every year and also when they get in the higher grades they tend to fall a little behind where they would be in the public school... My daughter used to go there till the 4th grade when tuition got so high I could not afford to send her there anymore so I sent her to the public school and the first year at the public school she was way behind in reading and math... she is in her second year at the public school and thanks to alot of help and work she is doing great... So as for discipline, manner's and a great early start education NCCS is great but just be careful of the studies as they get older, make sure they are learning what they need to know!!!
This is a one hundred percent accurate post. Lower grades and teachers are amazing. Older grades not so much, which is probably why class sizes get so small in older grades.
fun fun

Buffalo, NY

#19 Nov 8, 2011
Check out both NCCS as well as the Christian Academy in Dunkirk. I have heard that the class at NCCS has 25 students enrolled, and the Christian Academy only has 6. Not wonderful reviews for the NCCS teacher.
A Mom

Hadley, MA

#20 Nov 8, 2011
fun fun wrote:
Check out both NCCS as well as the Christian Academy in Dunkirk. I have heard that the class at NCCS has 25 students enrolled, and the Christian Academy only has 6. Not wonderful reviews for the NCCS teacher.
Be careful about CCA. The reason they have so few in Kindergarten has a lot to do with how their focus has changed. Used to be the case that lots of people sent their kids there, even when they were not affiiliated with the Baptist Church. The religion stuff they taught the kids was pretty generic: love thy neighbor, 10 Commandments kinds of things.

Then, they got a much more Fundamentalist Pastor running things. Your child WILL be indoctrinated as a Fundamentalist Christian. I know this first hand. Not exactly something people who are "strict Catholics" would take kindly to.

I actually know someone with a child in the NCCS Kindergarten class. They like the teacher and the program very much. She also told me there that there are a few behaviour problems in the class, according to her child, but the teacher is strict (which I actually think is good.) Bet the original poster is a behaviour problem child's parent who is mad that poor Junior is being scolded in class. The Nuns back in the day probably would have paddled the kid! Ha ha. My friend does complain about all the fundraising they have to do. I think that was always the case with Catholic schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Susan alvarado Fri holly 5
David Pagan (Jul '16) Thu Sam 31
Kate pinkoski Thu Steve 1
sewage discharge Thu Hecter 15
Romeo Gonzales Apr 18 You are Welcome 10
pros Apr 17 Hey Douche 2
News Official groundbreaking takes place at city park Apr 17 Assange 3

Dunkirk Jobs

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages