Lake Erie freezing
Perch god

Buffalo, NY

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Will it not freeze? 1st time in my memory that no freeze 2 years in a row. If this is global waming, bring it on.
Weatherman

Fredonia, NY

#2 Dec 18, 2012
Perch god wrote:
Will it not freeze? 1st time in my memory that no freeze 2 years in a row. If this is global waming, bring it on.
might be a good sized storm later this week
Joe

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Dec 20, 2012
What we should be talking about are lake levels that are disgustingly low. The news from upstream (lake michigan, superior and huron) that the levels are going to continue to get lower. There is a decent chance we will be left with a mud bog rather than a harbor as this is what the upstream communities are dealing with. Add to the fact that lake erie was just named the most threatened fresh water body in the world (along with ontario) and we are in trouble.
Perch god

Buffalo, NY

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Where did you see these threats?
Indy

Youngstown, NY

#5 Dec 20, 2012
Perch god wrote:
Joe is all knowing and will not answer your question with a concrete anything. When you show him the errs of his statements, he will insult you, then call you gusinski, and demand that you prove where he is wrong.
Joe

United States

#6 Dec 21, 2012
Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Joe is all knowing and will not answer your question with a concrete anything. When you show him the errs of his statements, he will insult you, then call you gusinski, and demand that you prove where he is wrong.
There are lots if Joes in the area. I believe you are referring to a different one than me as I have not posted much here before. Also, I am sorry but I do not have time to check this site every day so questions to me may take a few days to be answered.
Joe

United States

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Perch god wrote:
A simple google search would have given you your answer. Next time just type "ontario and erie threatened" into the google search window snd you will get these results,

https://www.google.com/search...
Perch god

Buffalo, NY

#8 Dec 21, 2012
Via my omnipotence, I saw the article. Lampree eels? A pain in the butt to be sure; but that is 1950's news. Zebra mussells? Tell that to the bass ans walleye gods. Low levels? We have had them before. But not 2 years of not freezing. I'm concered about evaporation and those son of a gun asian carp out Chicago way...
Doog

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Dec 27, 2012
Where did all of the water go?
OTB

Dunkirk, NY

#10 Dec 27, 2012
Doog wrote:
Where did all of the water go?
West to Cleveland. It will come back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Pagan Fri Realist 21
The Bills Fri Realist 9
Jermiekah Aug 25 GibsMeDat 2
News City Woman Pleads Not Guilty To Fatal Stabbing Aug 24 karma 1
best police officer or worst one? (Jan '10) Aug 24 Carl 134
Mleczko murder (Mar '09) Aug 23 ndudek 23
drug court (Jul '10) Aug 21 Sicnic 63

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance