First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SaraGirl

Liverpool, NY

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Everyone always has something to say about Mexicans. Ive seen several posts on this site alone about Mexicans. However, dont open your mouth unless you know what youre talking about. And never open your mouth only to repeat something you heard once that you think might make you sound intelligent. Trust me, its not working.
Contrary to popular belief, Mexicans are very hard workers. Going to work early, working late, and only "partying" on the weekends. They earn good money, and use that money to care for their families without abusing government assistant like so many people in this town do. So many dont have jobs, use Foodstamps and dont think anything of it.
Let me shed a little light on the whole foodstamp system. If youve never worked in a grocery store, you dont really know.
These people get hundreds and hundreds of dollars to spend on junk food. Some also get cash on their cards. I used to be a cashier and saw for myself the amount of money people get in cash, sometimes totalling over $1,000. They can use this on anything they want...including their favorite thing to use it on...lottery tickets, beer, and ciggarettes. If they dont have cash, sometimes they use their cards to buy food, and then pull out a wad of bills to use on their beer and lottery. They dress nicer than you and I who have jobs and WORK for our money. Their nails are done. Their hair is freshly highlighted. And they are able to do this because they milk the system to get everything for free.

Stop ratting on hard working Mexicans. They are doing the jobs you dont want to and they dont complain.
Hope

North Boston, NY

#2 Aug 24, 2009
wOW!!! Very well said. It does piss me off how many people here are milking the goverment. Expect Dunkirk to only only get worse, thats why im outta here. Talk to anybody, as hard as people are trying to make it a better place its getting worse and will continue to until the goverment stops giving our hard earned tax dollars to these parasites. But.... wont ever happend though, just expect more welfare offices and scum bags to come to the area that want a freebe...
Drunkirk

Delevan, NY

#3 Aug 24, 2009
I like those Mexican sundays.
iheardthat

Sherman, NY

#4 Aug 24, 2009
i agree with you that people always judge a book by its cover. But please do not fall into the same category of them. Not everyone who gets foodstamps shop like that. There is a few people who actually buy food cause they really need the help! I have never judge mexicans I just feel that they should try to learn english to help them selves and their children as they are going to schools here. I have grown up around some families who could not speak english so helping their children with homework was very hard. I know they work their ass because they do not have the proper education to have better jobs. If they did they would not be doin that work either. But truly feel you on the welfare and how so many people go get their nails 2 times a month have outrageous jewlery and stylish clothes and are able to go to the bars all weekend long come monday they are standing in the welfare line looking for this weeks hand out, especially at the holiday times! What a joke when will the system see through these people and stop giving over and over again. Save the money and help for the ones who truly need it.
SaraGirl

Liverpool, NY

#5 Aug 24, 2009
Oh I totally agree on the speaking English thing. Absolutely. And I know there are people who legitimately use foodstamps for the right reasons. But there are more who do not. Ive seen way too much of it to feel otherwise. Ive seen it myself. Day after day.
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#6 Aug 24, 2009
Get off the mexicans back, they are doing the jobs so called americans won't even consider. Our farm laborers are out ther year round regardless of the weather, and are as humble and helpful to their children and their childs education. We have mexican children who communicate very well, and the parenst are trying given the short time they generally are here. What excuse does OTHER ETHNIC popUlation have ,who have been here twice as long and have all the benefits of the gov't programs for americans yet don't know the language. I can guarantee you if a mexican child gets sick in school the parent will be easily located and willing to get their kids, and guess what they don't get paid when they leave the field. That is a loss for them, but a willing sacrifice. The parenst come to parent conferences and school events.AND THEY ASK FOR NOTHING IN RETURN BUT AN EDUCATION TO BETTER THEIR CHILDRENS LIVES! THEY PAY THEIR WAY.
The
Big Lou

United States

#7 Aug 25, 2009
If they find an unoccupied house in the area, they will use it as shelter, also, love the big vans they drive, you know, Calif. plate in back, Ohio plate on front!
Rebel

United States

#8 Aug 25, 2009
wiggles wrote:
Get off the mexicans back....
....if you want to stay dry.
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#9 Aug 25, 2009
Big Lou wrote:
If they find an unoccupied house in the area, they will use it as shelter, also, love the big vans they drive, you know, Calif. plate in back, Ohio plate on front!
Again they are using what is there not asking you or me for a handout. We need to looking down at this group and start praising them for being self supporting individuals. Willing to WORK and keep moving to KEEP WORKING not sucking our system dry and expecting a free handout. Guess what they didn't get the $200 free school money for their kids either. Or should I better say BUd Light money or crack money.
tiredtaxpayer

Fredonia, NY

#10 Aug 25, 2009
wiggles wrote:
<quoted text> Again they are using what is there not asking you or me for a handout. We need to looking down at this group and start praising them for being self supporting individuals. Willing to WORK and keep moving to KEEP WORKING not sucking our system dry and expecting a free handout. Guess what they didn't get the $200 free school money for their kids either. Or should I better say BUd Light money or crack money.
Bleeding heart liberal, do you want to pay more taxes for them to live high and mighty off the public dole ?
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#11 Aug 25, 2009
They aren't asking for your or my help. Self Sufficient individuals is what they are.
iheardthat

Sherman, NY

#12 Aug 25, 2009
wiggles wrote:
Get off the mexicans back, they are doing the jobs so called americans won't even consider. Our farm laborers are out ther year round regardless of the weather, and are as humble and helpful to their children and their childs education. We have mexican children who communicate very well, and the parenst are trying given the short time they generally are here. What excuse does OTHER ETHNIC popUlation have ,who have been here twice as long and have all the benefits of the gov't programs for americans yet don't know the language. I can guarantee you if a mexican child gets sick in school the parent will be easily located and willing to get their kids, and guess what they don't get paid when they leave the field. That is a loss for them, but a willing sacrifice. The parenst come to parent conferences and school events.AND THEY ASK FOR NOTHING IN RETURN BUT AN EDUCATION TO BETTER THEIR CHILDRENS LIVES! THEY PAY THEIR WAY.
The
I do not disagree with you. I just wish the parents were able to learn english so they could bennefit their children more. I know they stand by their family thorugh anything. I have a best friend grwoing up whose mother ex ma-inalw lived that life with them. So everyday i was able to see the sacrifcises they made for their family everyday. Just makes you wonder if they had the right education if they would be doing thoose jobs anymore. Because unlike the other have of society who has the option to go get a better degree chooses not to still will not work. Bit mexican who bust ass to provide and help our local farmers work hard, could you imagine if they were in the corporate office the hours and decication they would put to that job they are not quitters. They live to give their family a better life by the true meaning of that. I say let them be and do their work, and the next time you see one of them instead of making fun or mean ass comments maybe offer some help on learning english or what ever it is they may need. Give back to them as they give to us everyday!!!
Rebel

United States

#13 Aug 25, 2009
Sounds like wiggles might be married to a beaner (or is one), and iheardthat is a bit dillusional. There are good and bad in ALL people, but to insinuate that most Mexicans are the salt of the earth, well, that's just not true. I also find it funny that some of you people admire the ones who are willing to work, like it's some sort of great accomplishment to work instead of living off govt assistance? We accept laziness & freeloaders, and then applaud those who are willing to work? This reminds me of a few obits I've read regarding young black men getting killed in Buffalo, and the news prints the grieving momma saying: "he had a job and everything," like that is some sort of a major accomplishment. I can see the tombstone now: HERE LIES TYRONE...HE HAD A JOB AND EVERYTHING!
wiggles

Dunkirk, NY

#14 Aug 25, 2009
Shouldn't all people in United Stated want to be self sufficient and have a strong work ethic. I know that is what my ancestors believed and that is why they came here to America hundreds of years ago. That is what America was built on hard work and sacrifice. That is only my opinion, and I am not saying anyone on Pub. Assit. is wrong for accessing the program, hard times come along and thank goodness we are a nation to help those struggling. But come on make an effort and try a job that may be tough or not the highest wage. Imagine hat our produce would cost if we did not have those that are willing to do teh job, and a farmer had to go out to a temp agency......hmmmmm how many would last the day in the bitter cold/heat. Minimum wage is tough but again to supplement that with pub. assist. would be realistic and would give kids a reason to hope and not feel that Pub. Assist. is the only way to survive. Again this is only my middle class opinion, and I don't know it all or claim to.
Just Wondering

Fredonia, NY

#15 Aug 25, 2009
At least they work for a living instead of expecting all of us working people to support them !!
Dog bone

United States

#16 Aug 25, 2009
Do you think those "beaners" have proper insurance on those vans they ride around in? Hope they don't run one of your children over...
iheardthat

Sherman, NY

#17 Aug 25, 2009
Rebel wrote:
Sounds like wiggles might be married to a beaner (or is one), and iheardthat is a bit dillusional. There are good and bad in ALL people, but to insinuate that most Mexicans are the salt of the earth, well, that's just not true. I also find it funny that some of you people admire the ones who are willing to work, like it's some sort of great accomplishment to work instead of living off govt assistance? We accept laziness & freeloaders, and then applaud those who are willing to work? This reminds me of a few obits I've read regarding young black men getting killed in Buffalo, and the news prints the grieving momma saying: "he had a job and everything," like that is some sort of a major accomplishment. I can see the tombstone now: HERE LIES TYRONE...HE HAD A JOB AND EVERYTHING!
I think you might want to reread what i wrote. Neversaid that having a job made you superior or better then anyone. People struggle everyday and need help all the time that is why our country can hep the less fortuante. But what is wrong with going out there and tryign to find job that you will make more at then being on assistance. The mexicans know that working on the farms even at min. wage pays better then welfare!
Rebel

United States

#18 Aug 25, 2009
Just Wondering wrote:
At least they work for a living instead of expecting all of us working people to support them !!
EXACTLY!!!...this is my point! We've gotten so accustomed to the norm that we've now become thankful whenever we hear about stereotypical freeloaders working for a living instead of taking a free ride. I'm not against people in need of help, but many generations of the same groups of people have abused the system. So why do we praise or applaud those who work, after all, most of us don't consider getting a job as an option...it's a necessity.
iheardthat

Sherman, NY

#19 Aug 25, 2009
I do not think they are praising them for working. Just making a statement that hell if they can do it why can't the people with a education do it too. They just work hard for the little they get but appreciate everything they do get. Also i agree with you that most people work cause it is a necessity, however you have some who bitch cause they have to go to work for a living. So they have fond the easy way out of it and went on welfare instead of taking the shitty job that they hated. Even though it put food on the table it was a honest living.
AMERIKKKA

United States

#20 Aug 25, 2009
The browns are goin down!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
could it be yolanda bindics or lori bova? (Sep '06) 17 min sad 321
Two part-timers will go full-time Jan. 4 10 hr Waste 12
Would you be interested in going on a website t... 23 hr ASI 2
dk bandits (Jun '13) Thu One love 328
p&g foods Thu sickof lowlifes 8
Area Police (Jun '11) Dec 16 Henu 39
Dunkirk Murder Suspect In Custody (Apr '11) Dec 10 Knows what is real 39
Dunkirk Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web