Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

I just read where these two businesses will be closing. It saddens me. I moved away because of the lack of jobs but still consider Chautauqua County home and visit often. Also, the Observer had an article in early December which stated Petri's would not close. Why the change of heart? I am sorry for those who will be losing their jobs and wish them only the best.

Since: Mar 11

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

its a big business move, Ralcorp bought out Petri's and now are moving the operations elsewhere. Same with Carriage House in Dunkirk and probably soon the Fredonia Plant. If NRG shuts their doors too we all better get ready to move.
Yeah

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

NRG has no effluent coming out at outlet. That can't be good. Carriage House in Fredonia will close. Soon to be announced. Petri's surprised me though...
Donny

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The rumor mill has been cranking about Carriage House closing for some time. But Petri is quite a shock. Ralcorp has only owned Petri about 6 months. Looks like they bought them just to get their manufacturing contracts and then close them down. There has got to be some kind of law against that type of behavior for a corporation. That sure is unethical corporate behavior! What a shame.
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Donny wrote:
The rumor mill has been cranking about Carriage House closing for some time. But Petri is quite a shock. Ralcorp has only owned Petri about 6 months. Looks like they bought them just to get their manufacturing contracts and then close them down. There has got to be some kind of law against that type of behavior for a corporation. That sure is unethical corporate behavior! What a shame.
Can't blame the Corporation Donny,blame the people who allow the idiots in Albany to ruin any chance for a company to do well around here.
FOJ

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Where is our knight in shining armor, Chuck Schumer ?
ExResident

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Maybe now the Mayor will fire some of these scumbag cops that work in Dunkirk and reduce the size and scope of government..high taxes and fees = people and businesses gone.
Hello

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The massive federal tax increases set for 2013, coupled with the already high New York State tax burden, put the frosting on the cake. Companies are are just trying to stay one step ahead for survival. New York is a social welfare state. New york Would be better off if it was a corporate welfare state, but Ralcorp is not Wall Street
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ExResident wrote:
Maybe now the Mayor will fire some of these scumbag cops that work in Dunkirk and reduce the size and scope of government..high taxes and fees = people and businesses gone.
Ya cant be a ex-resident when you're a ex-con on parole.
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

FOJ wrote:
Where is our knight in shining armor, Chuck Schumer ?
Chuckyou is busy trying to stuff pork in the sandy relief bill.
ExResident

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>Ya cant be a ex-resident when you're a ex-con on parole.
I'll put up my job, money and background checks that I had to go through to get and keep my job that I can buy and sell you trailer park trash man
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

ExResident wrote:
<quoted text>I'll put up my job, money and background checks that I had to go through to get and keep my job that I can buy and sell you trailer park trash man
Ok put em up here. Ought to be good fiction.
ExResident

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

To Tax Payer aka Trailer park trash

My yearly $56,000

Proprty Owned: House in Town of Hamburg, Cottage at Sunset Bay, Time Share at Kissimee St. Cloud.

Job: I work for the Federal making sure scum bags like Tax Payer fall in line and do what they are told.

Background Check for current employment: Criminal Background Check(ocal state and federal), Credit Check, Reference Check, Education verification,

No Tax Payer, 1) I can buy and sell you. 2) You would never be able to work in the field I do because your previous DWI arrest would present you as mentally unfit (I pulled ur IP address and then pulled yur records)
Trev

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Who cares? 56,000? you are really bragging about that? Are you really this self indulgent? Go get a life.
ExResident wrote:
My yearly $56,000
Proprty Owned: House in Town of Hamburg, Cottage at Sunset Bay, Time Share at Kissimee St. Cloud.
Job: I work for the Federal making sure scum bags like Tax Payer fall in line and do what they are told.
Background Check for current employment: Criminal Background Check(ocal state and federal), Credit Check, Reference Check, Education verification,
No Tax Payer, 1) I can buy and sell you. 2) You would never be able to work in the field I do because your previous DWI arrest would present you as mentally unfit (I pulled ur IP address and then pulled yur records)
Frank

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

This is what happens when family run businesses decide to sell out. Funny thing is people talk about guys like Stanley Star like he is some god when in fact its guys like these who are more into money than legacy or community. Cott will do the same thing.
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
This is what happens when family run businesses decide to sell out. Funny thing is people talk about guys like Stanley Star like he is some god when in fact its guys like these who are more into money than legacy or community. Cott will do the same thing.
More importantly Frank it's what happens when the State is not business friendly and unfortunately it's going to get worse.
Exexresident

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

56k and you had to go through all that? I make about that, here, and I didnt have to go through any background, drug, credit or other invasion of privacy checks. Personally I would never whor e myself out like that for some money. Not something to be proud of.
ExResident wrote:
My yearly $56,000
Exexresident

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>More importantly Frank it's what happens when the State is not business friendly and unfortunately it's going to get worse.
Not really, lets take a look at both scenarios independent of each other.

1) family owned business in the worst state for business in the country. Are they more or less likely to move/shutter doors than

2) manufacuring facility in a business "friendly" state owned by a huge corporation with headquarters elsewhere.

Thats a pretty easy equation here.

Well, in my experience, these corporate types of moves happen everywhere, not only in New York. I have lived in NY, Pennsylvania, Florida, California, Michigan, Lousiana and back to NY again. The vompanies that stay for the long haul in any of these places are local brands who have grown there. If a family member is not able or willing to take over, they generally try to sell to other local owners or at least try to sell or make it public while keeping the majority ownership a local interest. There are always options. Those opportunities existed for Carriage House, Petri and Cliffstar. Why?$$$ grubbing sellouts. That is the local culture though. F the community.
Tax Payer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

Exexresident wrote:
56k and you had to go through all that? I make about that, here, and I didnt have to go through any background, drug, credit or other invasion of privacy checks. Personally I would never whor e myself out like that for some money. Not something to be proud of.
<quoted text>
The person is a joke,56K and he is going to buy me out? A cottage at Sunset Bay and a time share? Then he says he pulled my arrest record(which I do not nor ever had)with a DWI conviction on it? Sure he does so go ahead and publish it right here and now,you have my permission.
Frank

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

I dont buy it. Other parts of the state are not having these problems. In fact, some corporate entities have brought new facilities to upstate ny.
Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>More importantly Frank it's what happens when the State is not business friendly and unfortunately it's going to get worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Dunkirk Forum right now

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 33 min Billy O Liar 6,357
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 53 min Billy O Liar 6,337
News on Monday about Lakeview Shock 1 hr Dr_Truth 20
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 2 hr MacDaddyobama 16,773
Tops shop lift = $650! 3 hr Veri 2
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 3 hr Spell Check 2,982
VERIZON customer service beyond rude 3 hr Yup 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE