Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#106 Dec 23, 2009
I love it when the ruling elite of Chautauqua County get in trouble. I was unfortunately exposed to it when I worked at COI and a few other social service agencies in the area. This county is inundated with cronyism. We live in a county that operates on grant funds, these elite pocket the money and provide minimal service to their clients, keeping them in desperation, poverty, dependancy, and hopeless lack of a future. There is plenty of money flowing into this county from the state and federal governments but the egotistical crony elite pocket it because they think they are sooooo awesome. Just talk to one. Its unbearable.
Observer

Ripley, NY

#107 Dec 24, 2009
I agree with some of what you say, but in defense of some non-profits and programs: I think there is a lot of good work going on in Chautauqua County despite some politics and cronyism. County government management is DOA at the present and not engaged with the non-profit sector and oten has little to do wiith or even knowledge of grant dollars flowing into the county. Dunkirk city government is in such a sorry state that I'm not sure that city can ever recover. Jamestown is probably the best focused, engaged, and organized. I do think there is integrity, purpose and honor in many individuals and organizations in the county. COI is an object lesson on how corruption and incompetence can undermine any organization or government.
Roadrunner

Derby, NY

#108 Jan 15, 2010
Observer wrote:
I agree with some of what you say, but in defense of some non-profits and programs: I think there is a lot of good work going on in Chautauqua County despite some politics and cronyism. County government management is DOA at the present and not engaged with the non-profit sector and oten has little to do wiith or even knowledge of grant dollars flowing into the county. Dunkirk city government is in such a sorry state that I'm not sure that city can ever recover. Jamestown is probably the best focused, engaged, and organized. I do think there is integrity, purpose and honor in many individuals and organizations in the county. COI is an object lesson on how corruption and incompetence can undermine any organization or government.
Observers comments sound like he is an Executive Director of a non-profit based in Mayville, NY. CHRIC possibly? To hear others tell it, there is plenty of corruption and incompetence in the executive position there also. It didn't take the County Executive, Greg Edwards, a minute to figure you out and dismiss you as a nobody. You always have to make disparaging remarks about Dunkirk city government. But do keep sucking up to Jamestown Mayor Sam Teresi and Steve Centi. They are not stupid men and they will drop you like yesterday's news when they realize what everyone says about you is true. You are destructive, a liar (exactly how long did you attend Fredonia State, a month), too self involved and you believe your organization is the only agency the county with any integrity. Not true. You are worse than Roberta Keller. Funny this is that she was a friend of yours and she fired you. Could it be you didnít do any work there also? And what about your best friend Molly Rogers, isnít she the head of HR at Manpower? Has she offered you a position? Probably knows better. Iím sure she doesnít want to have that on her CV. You slept your way into your position, taking the ailing former Executive Director to bed and then going behind her back to steal her job. Good man. Yes, COI is an object lesson.
Nick

United States

#109 Jan 21, 2010
Roadrunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Observers comments sound like he is an Executive Director of a non-profit based in Mayville, NY. CHRIC possibly? To hear others tell it, there is plenty of corruption and incompetence in the executive position there also. It didn't take the County Executive, Greg Edwards, a minute to figure you out and dismiss you as a nobody. You always have to make disparaging remarks about Dunkirk city government. But do keep sucking up to Jamestown Mayor Sam Teresi and Steve Centi. They are not stupid men and they will drop you like yesterday's news when they realize what everyone says about you is true. You are destructive, a liar (exactly how long did you attend Fredonia State, a month), too self involved and you believe your organization is the only agency the county with any integrity. Not true. You are worse than Roberta Keller. Funny this is that she was a friend of yours and she fired you. Could it be you didn&#8217;t do any work there also? And what about your best friend Molly Rogers, isn&#8217;t she the head of HR at Manpower? Has she offered you a position? Probably knows better. I&#8217;m sure she doesn&#8217;t want to have that on her CV. You slept your way into your position, taking the ailing former Executive Director to bed and then going behind her back to steal her job. Good man. Yes, COI is an object lesson.
I don't profess to know anything in depth about CHRIC or its director however you claim to know all this negative stuff. You sound like you may be an angry and hateful current or former CHRIC employee. Also, if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to anoint Greg Edwards as a great judge of people considering some of the people he has hired and/or nearly hired. That record speaks for itself. Dig around and you'll find out.
Roadrunner

United States

#110 Jan 22, 2010
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't profess to know anything in depth about CHRIC or its director however you claim to know all this negative stuff. You sound like you may be an angry and hateful current or former CHRIC employee. Also, if I were you I wouldn't be so quick to anoint Greg Edwards as a great judge of people considering some of the people he has hired and/or nearly hired. That record speaks for itself. Dig around and you'll find out.
No, happily I have never worked for the agency (either agency for that matter). Both my wife and I have worked in the non-profit sector for over 20 years and have had dealings with both CHRIC and COI and also Greg Edwards. For the record, not every negative comment is generated by an angry or hateful current or former employee. Quite often one is able to see and make a sound judgement based on the actions or works of an agency (or Executive Director). Just because an agency is a non-profit doesn't make it exempt from good management practices. Both agencies are failing.
Annoyed

Jamestown, NY

#111 Jan 25, 2010
Whatever WIC employees have done wrong in the computer system isn't due to their lack of effort, or their need to destruct. You've all talked about the WIC budget and how its been misused...did you ever think that some of their staff simply have not had any training on how to do things correctly?
is this just gossip

Jamestown, NY

#112 Feb 10, 2010
The dunkirk wic office is closing this week? what about the jamestown office? And ive heard that 2 people from the old wic offices have already been hired for the new wic office?
Too Late Now

Fredonia, NY

#113 Feb 10, 2010
Whatever WIC employees have done illegally is all on record at the state level. The state provided the same training to all employees at all the WIC programs across New York. COI WIC staff decided to come back and work around things and take short cuts, because it was easier for them, not better for the clients. The new WIC program is going to be great. New employees and trained to follow the direction of what the state mandates. It's about time. That hasn't happened since the end of 2004.
The Fat Lady Has Sung

Fredonia, NY

#114 Feb 12, 2010
Well, it's all over for the Dunkirk WIC office.
Bert's singing and the dog's are howling! They can't stand hearing the bitch anymore than we all can at COI. I guess it's time for Bert to celebrate. You can find her at the Sheridan sex club. That's where she'll be with her best buddies from her "used to be legit agency". Now it's just a joke to be working here!! Make sure you check out Miss Kitty Cat. At her club she has a wall of fame. Lot's of infamous names from COI. Don't know if I'll have room to mention all of them...
Ex COI employee

Buffalo, NY

#115 Feb 12, 2010
Please make the room...I'm dying to know! Betcha I can guess a few!!!
You dont know JACK

Middlefield, OH

#116 May 11, 2010
The new WIC program will be just as much of a mess as the last one. Not to mention, that the new "nurses" get to sit on their butts and do nothing at all while the office staff are stuck doing all the work for not that much money. It wont last all that long. It comes up for grabs in a few years..maybe then someone withOUT a seperate agenda can take over! And the state didnt give training to all staff...in fact..half of the staff that just lost their jobs, weren't trained.
NEW wic

Middlefield, OH

#117 May 11, 2010
The "NEW" wic program has SEVERAL OLD staff members, who can, and will do things the way they used to. Stubborn, angry, former employees. How do they figure this program will be so much better?
Same Old Same Old

Fredonia, NY

#118 May 12, 2010
Beth Jackson is one of the worst ones. Try working with her for a few years. You will learn what she is really all about. Talk about someone with her own agenda. She'll use the new WIC program like she used the old one. The state has her number already, based on what they found out in the computers from the old program. She's already pissing and moaning about not liking the setup at the new program and trying to get things done her own way by crying and complaining. Someone should offer that Bitch some cheese to go with her whine!
COI in Disguise

Fredonia, NY

#119 May 12, 2010
Some of these comments are just be COI and Bert's buddies trying to start trouble for the new WIC program. They are also comments from the ones that were left behind. The dead beats that never really worked for the WIC program, but were employed there for years. The clerks know who they are and there is a reason they weren't hired, because Beth said not to hire them. Beth performs on queue. Like a trained dog, she starts her tricks when she has an audience that's watching.
Waiting

Middlefield, OH

#120 May 17, 2010
The setup of the new program really is rediculous. The nurses don't have to do any work at all. Beth is bad, but Janet Pinkowski is worse. They were the two that bad mouthed everyone else. They also have karen vangorder working there, and the customers have complained about her for years!
waiting

Middlefield, OH

#121 May 17, 2010
Beth and Jan both bad mouthed everyone else. I wonder why Marilyn was hired? Because Deb liked her? Karen V. is also working there and customers have complained about her for YEARS!
walked me out

Middlefield, OH

#122 May 17, 2010
I wonder what the old WIC staff are up to now? Are any of them working?
COI in Disguise

Fredonia, NY

#123 May 17, 2010
Van Gorder, Pincoski, and Jackson are all neck and neck at being the horses' ass! God help the new WIC program, they're going to need it!
walked me out

Middlefield, OH

#124 May 20, 2010
what about the rest of the staff?
Finnally out

Jamestown, NY

#125 Jul 19, 2010
So what has become of the lawsuits and investigations and the like... does no one have any information about all that.... I lost my contacts for that kind of stuff and am still curious

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex micro penis mancuso 8 min Debbie 3
could it be yolanda bindics or lori bova? (Sep '06) 12 hr friend of family 328
Gov. funds green energy two local wind turbine ... 22 hr the mayor 20
p&g foods Tue Hungry 14
Two part-timers will go full-time Jan. 4 Dec 22 under the under s... 14
The Observer prints an honest headline Dec 22 the mare 2
Would you be interested in going on a website t... Dec 20 ASI 2
Dunkirk Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web