Chautauqua Opportunities

Posted in the Dunkirk Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Disgusted

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 6, 2009
It's about time that COI gets a taste of the same medicine that they have been handing out to everyone else for too long.
Roberta Keller and her back pocket babes have been shuffling people and funds around for many years and the state has finally caught up with her and taken the WIC program away from the agency.
Cornell Cooperative Extension was awarded the full program starting July 1, 2010.
The state has been investigating Keller and the agency for some time now and all their moitoring at the state level and undercover work finally showed her true colors. Missing funds, ignored state mandates, and a complete disregard for the protocols ordered by the state health department in order to run the program means she can't hide the fact that she screwed everyone at the agency, from the board of directors, to the employees and worst of all the clients that depended on the services offered by this federal WIC program.
What's her story going to be this time???
After all she's had so many stories over the years, nobody can keep count anymore!!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Bulldog

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2009
You sound like a bitter ex-employee.
Disgusted

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 8, 2009
Just a current employee who is glad that the law and the funders finally caught up with her.
If I was an ex-employee I would have used the name relieved. I'm disgusted because I still happen to be there seeing all that is going on everyday.
Who knows what's next, the audit didn't go well for Head Start, maybe that will be taken away next.
been there done that

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 8, 2009
I agree with disgusted!! Roberta has had free reign at COI for a long time... Well, she thought she was getting away with a lot of stuff. Guess again Bert! The investigators can see everything you are doing through the mainline state computer system in Albany. Facts don't lie. You've been found out and your days of stepping on the little guy are over. They are over for not only you but also for all your buddies at COI who are the best butt kissers anyone has ever seen. Anybody got a tissue for all of their brown noses.
Straightershoote r

Horseheads, NY

#5 Oct 9, 2009
I know for fact that, despite being a non-profit agency, they pay top dollar to some of their upper management people. I guess that's one way of fighting poverty!
been there done that

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 9, 2009
They also pay for a car and a driver for Keller to be chaufferred around in... But that might be due to her DWI's and losing her lisence.
Her buddies get top dollar, but us little people get next to nothing. The pee-ons at the bottom of the barrel qualify for the programs administerd by the agency, maybe that's how they keep their numbers up for delivery of services.
Don't forget about those weekend retreats at the expensive resorts that Keller insists are needed as a refresher for her top line "Managers" at COI.
Dom Polski

United States

#7 Oct 12, 2009
Another disgruntled former or current employee???
Straightershoote r

Horseheads, NY

#8 Oct 13, 2009
It is not just disgruntled former or current employees. Just ask around town and you will find out that there are a lot of problems at COI that have been swept under the rug by the current CEO. Things were much, much better when Rich Alexander was in charge! Plus, he got a bum rap while in charge of the IDA!
Give Em Enough Rope

Tonawanda, NY

#9 Oct 13, 2009
She has a Driver?
Done Deal

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 13, 2009
Roberta Keller was the one behind the set up to try and dirty Rich Alexander's name. It's funny how things turn around isn't it? Now whose name is dirt?? The board of directors better wake up and smell what's going on around them. Roberta isn't telling them anything she doesn't want them to know. They better start meeting with the employees
(both former and current) and they'll tell them everything the board needs to know and has never been told. It's called the truth. Can anyone say control board?? Let the state take a good look too.
Disgusted

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 13, 2009
The news just keeps getting worse!! COI and the WIC program has only been extended until 4/1/2010. The state refuses to throw anymore money Roberta's way just for her to shuffle it around and make it disappear. The state is working diligently with Cornell Cooperative Extension to make sure they will successfully transition the WIC program over to their gancy. No more delays until 7/1/2010.
She is Done

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 13, 2009
It's true it was just announced at a meeting that Chautauqua Opportunities has lost the WIC program and it is not June 30,2010. The state will only fund it until 3/31/2010. April 1, 2010, the WIC contract goes to Cornell Cooperative Extension...
OKAY, Roberta, WHO is the FOOL NOW!!!!!
Straightershoote r

Horseheads, NY

#13 Oct 14, 2009
Where is the local media when you need them? I would love to see a story in the OBSERVER or even Buffalo TV or radio station coverage on this whole issue with COI and the WIC Program! Do you think Roberta or her board members would be available for comment?
She is Done

Columbus, OH

#14 Oct 14, 2009
Anybody that is walked out the door at Chautauqua Opportunities is ordered to be under a gag order.
Everybody ignores it though. There's no union and nobody is vested there so nobody cares about the gag order. The direct order is the former employee is not supposed to have any contact of any kind with any current employee or say anything good or bad about the agency. People have a lot of bad to say but there has never been anything good to say since Rich Alexander left as the director.
The whole story of the Erie County WIC program made the news, so why not the Chautauqua Opportunities WIC program. Somebody should make the call and tip off the television stations.
COI Customer

Jamestown, NY

#15 Oct 14, 2009
Interesting information. You all sound like you have the inside track on this. But aren't you all forgeting the good work COI does for many county residents? They have helped me and many people I know!
She is Done

Akron, OH

#16 Oct 14, 2009
It seems that she's helped herself too! All of her top level "managers" are all very well paid. There are alot of missing funds unaccounted for! She has had the agency under a "reorganization" concept for many years. This gives her an excuse to get rid of people who know too much and time to rechannel funds away from the positions she empties and does not rehire anyone to fill them.
Unhappy Customer

Akron, OH

#17 Oct 14, 2009
They didn't help me until I agreed to sit through their version of 20 questions, except it was more like 20 pages of questions. I was told that I had to go through central intake before I could receive any services that I was already entitled to and qualified for. I am a college graduate and fell into some hard times with the way the economy is and needed a little bit of help for my family.
The experience was so condescending and humiliating I walked out and will never seek their help again. They have this superior attitude and I'm not talking about the front line people who actually try to take care of the client, I'm talking about the higher ups who walk past you and don't even speak to you because you're apparently not good enough to waste their breath on.
Knows The Truth

Akron, OH

#18 Oct 14, 2009
She's like any other disgusting politician in the area. She's always there for the photo opportunity and the free press, but when it comes to pats on the back, she and her workplace buddies do it to each other. Tell me something, do you ever see a state program administrator recognizing COI or Bert for anything. The answer is no, all you ever see are her pet employees in the picture and an article written and submitted by COI.
Bert

United States

#19 Oct 15, 2009
You're all fired!!!
Steve

Buffalo, NY

#20 Oct 16, 2009
Straightershooter wrote:
I know for fact that, despite being a non-profit agency, they pay top dollar to some of their upper management people. I guess that's one way of fighting poverty!
That's why you never trust a non for profit agency. Trust me, someone is profitting but not who you think it should be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Low Life Wozniak 13 hr Snowman 1
State of mind 20 hr Carlos 1
News Pomfret wants to see Fredonia ambulance numbers Apr 14 insagent 8
News Faithful Followers (Apr '14) Apr 14 GoodLuck 96
tuscani meat Apr 14 Sunny 3
Greg Lorenzo (Feb '10) Apr 13 True 29
Dunkirk Water Bill increase Apr 13 Cheaper Water Wanted 3
More from around the web

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE