Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Heard say anyone less than 7 years are now laid off in fredonia facility
The other union guy

Marlborough, MA

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Union guy wrote:
Heard say anyone less than 7 years are now laid off in fredonia facility
They gave notice to anybody with 7yrs or less, to cover their ass with the WARN act. It's in anticipation of workers with seniority that will possibly bump from Dunkirk. No doubt, eliminating a lot of good workers. The union is strictly seniority based, which is ridiculous, and will enable a lot of lousy workers to retain a job, while forcing some people who actually perform work, to unemployment.
Huh

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Jan 9, 2013
I'm anti-union myself, but I have empathy for you guys. Where's your union now to support you and make sure the best emplyees keep their jobs? Everything's a racket nowadays. You're younger guys are trying to get solid footing and now get laid off and your older guys who should be in a nice spot have probably pissed away their earnings for years but rely on being your senior to keep your job.
Dog Chow

Fredonia, NY

#4 Jan 9, 2013
When I worked a Purina, which was NOT a union plant, the seniority method was used. This is not just a union thing.
Just a matter of time

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Jan 9, 2013
Before the whole Fredonia plant is shut down. It will be shut down before April. Sad but true.
The other union guy

Worcester, MA

#6 Jan 9, 2013
I believe that in any job, union or non union, positions should be awarded and maintained on a performance basis. Going off of just seniority is conducive to creating lazy workers with a sense of entitlement. I'm not saying that this is the case with every worker, but it's a high percentage. You see people get fired over, and over again, the union gets them their job back, and they don't skip a beat. When a good position comes up, they'll still get it, because of their seniority. It's an absolute joke.
dunkirk polok

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jan 24, 2013
i told ya before and again ill tell ya sell yor hous e pack your stuff and move out of town you carrige house whiners good ridence because i cannotsmell tomatoes good bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Fredonia turning into the new Dunkirk? 1 hr Truthbetold 29
creepy molester b astard 5 hr No patience 4
Horvath/Kearns have been in charge of incubator... 6 hr Gap 26
Weddings at the Clarion 22 hr the mayor 2
John Forbes Cenedella Thu mandersonuk 5
Nov 14 time to thank Cuomo for SAFE ACT Oct 22 Cuomo 11
VOTING Against Tom Reed Oct 22 U fn kiddin rite 35
Dunkirk Dating
Find my Match

Dunkirk Jobs