First Prev
of 2
Next Last
KillerB3

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2012
I have to commend the street department on the plowing during the resent snow fall. Even though it took awhile to get my street plowed, I think the employees did a good Jo. Getting the main streets plowed then the side streets. Streets are pretty clear and widened right out. Good Job.
OTB

Dunkirk, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2012
KillerB3 wrote:
I have to commend the street department on the plowing during the resent snow fall. Even though it took awhile to get my street plowed, I think the employees did a good Jo. Getting the main streets plowed then the side streets. Streets are pretty clear and widened right out. Good Job.
You can't be talking about Dunkirk. Most street are still snow packed and slippery. I saw the salt truck spreading down the passing lane of Rt 5 only and with two people in the truck.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#3 Dec 28, 2012
Dunkirk only has one plow right now, and they do an awesome job!!! Everyone this time a year should have 4 wheel drive!!!
Colin

Lakewood, NY

#4 Dec 29, 2012
with what taxpayers have to be in Dunkirk they should sure as hell have more than 1 working snowplow>>>give me a break. The city is a craphole and gets worse by the day in every way.Higher taxes = less services.How long have u lived here that u feel sorry for the city now? Dunkirk city officials must love people like you with your gullability.
chowderhead

North Tonawanda, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2012
I think Dunkirk has more than 1 snowplow.I find it hard to believe that is so.
Plowman

Fredonia, NY

#6 Dec 29, 2012
OTB wrote:
<quoted text>You can't be talking about Dunkirk. Most street are still snow packed and slippery. I saw the salt truck spreading down the passing lane of Rt 5 only and with two people in the truck.
There HAS to be two people in the truck for safety reasons.
Snowman

Fredonia, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2012
Colin wrote:
with what taxpayers have to be in Dunkirk they should sure as hell have more than 1 working snowplow>>>give me a break. The city is a craphole and gets worse by the day in every way.Higher taxes = less services.How long have u lived here that u feel sorry for the city now? Dunkirk city officials must love people like you with your gullability.
If you need to get to da club that bad,WALK!
Natasha

Youngstown, NY

#8 Dec 29, 2012
Some posters will just bash on the City no matter what. I have many friends in Fredonia and even they will tell you that our side streets are better/quicker tended to then theirs streets are. I travel out of the City for work, and most times our streets are in better condition then where I drive through.
Colin

Lakewood, NY

#9 Dec 29, 2012
if u thinking ur getting ur moneys worth with what u pay in taxes then more power to you.Some of you people are such morons , it blows my mind.
Skip

Dunkirk, NY

#10 Dec 29, 2012
I live in Dunkirk. Have a nice house in a great neighborhood. Awesome neighbors. Taxes are reasonable for all the services we get.

All cities/towns have their problems. We have a screwed up city council. Fredonia has overpriced homes and a school system begging for someone to merge with them, yet noone will.

Colin, I'll enjoy the lake..you go enjoy your creek.
Natasha

Youngstown, NY

#11 Dec 29, 2012
Skip wrote:
I live in Dunkirk. Have a nice house in a great neighborhood. Awesome neighbors. Taxes are reasonable for all the services we get.
All cities/towns have their problems. We have a screwed up city council. Fredonia has overpriced homes and a school system begging for someone to merge with them, yet noone will.
I totally agree with you Skip! Many of my "out of town" friends can't believe how quiet and peaceful our neighborhood is "being in Dunkirk and all". I also will not complain about our HS either. Is it perfect? No, but my children are getting a great education and are very active at school. More then some of my out of town friends can say.

Everything is a matter of perspective, and if one doesn't like the view they are looking at, then only they can change it!
bill

Fredonia, NY

#12 Dec 29, 2012
why 2 guys in a plow county and state have one safty reasons ny ass
wellnow

Fredonia, NY

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Skip wrote:
Wait until nat grid leaves and your school takes go up 60%, because they pay approx 60% of the school tax bill, the day is coming!
Plowman

Fredonia, NY

#14 Dec 29, 2012
bill wrote:
why 2 guys in a plow county and state have one safty reasons ny ass
I'm sorry,I thought we were talking about Dunkirk and not the State or County Crews.
bill

Fredonia, NY

#15 Dec 29, 2012
why does dunkirk need 2 guys 1 guy works at water an wastewater is that safe
bill

Fredonia, NY

#16 Dec 29, 2012
dunkirk salts then plows it off 20min later great job
Plowman

Fredonia, NY

#17 Dec 29, 2012
bill wrote:
why does dunkirk need 2 guys 1 guy works at water an wastewater is that safe
I see you made it to da club ok.
Not Again

Dunkirk, NY

#18 Dec 29, 2012
Open your eyes up idiots - the streets have never been worse - have your left your neighborhoods to see what they are like? I don't care if my husband was plowing the streets - I would tell him they did a terrible job!!!

As far as the city council being messed up, run for office and people will continue to say the same thing. No one is ever good enough!!!

National Grid, Carriage House and Cott are all in BIG TROUBLE. Last one out of Dunkirk shut the door!
Who Cares

Dunkirk, NY

#19 Dec 29, 2012
Plowman wrote:
<quoted text>I see you made it to da club ok.
So what if he made it to "da club" what else is there to do in Dunkirk????
dunkirk polok

Buffalo, NY

#20 Dec 29, 2012
like i said if your not happy sell your stuff pack your duds and get out especially you carriage house nuts the only thing i miss about you is the smell of ketchup and si nce that is gone take your peanut buter and get lost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
David Pagan 44 min Realist 21
The Bills 54 min Realist 9
Jermiekah Thu GibsMeDat 2
News City Woman Pleads Not Guilty To Fatal Stabbing Wed karma 1
best police officer or worst one? (Jan '10) Aug 24 Carl 134
Mleczko murder (Mar '09) Aug 23 ndudek 23
drug court (Jul '10) Aug 21 Sicnic 63

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance