dont move to dunkirk
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
God Awful

Westfield, NY

#1 Jun 23, 2012
Nothing but a bunch of scumbags. Save your sanity and stay far away.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 Jun 23, 2012
My such an intelligent comment.
Clyde

Bellevue, WA

#3 Jun 23, 2012
God Awful wrote:
Nope move to Fredonia where the college kids destroy your houses.
Mo Money

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Jun 23, 2012
hey, at least you know you're flowers will stay watered

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Jun 23, 2012
God Awful wrote:
Do YOU live in Dunkirk?
Big Hank

Silver Creek, NY

#6 Jun 23, 2012
Mo Money wrote:
hey, at least you know you're flowers will stay watered
Who you call'in flowers??
God Awful

Westfield, NY

#7 Jun 23, 2012
Im Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU live in Dunkirk?
Im not a dunkirk dirtbag, but i have lived here for a short time. Not much longer. I see why everyone has moved away.
God Awful

Westfield, NY

#8 Jun 23, 2012
Clyde wrote:
<quoted text> Nope move to Fredonia where the college kids destroy your houses.
Fredonia isn't much better.
bruce

Dansville, NY

#9 Jun 23, 2012
Drive around Dunkrik sometime in the afternoon and see Dunkirk's finest hard at work>>>>>pushin g baby walkers, sitting on their porches, jay-walking, crossing the street at a snails -pace b/c they have nothing better to do than pop out bastards and milk the welfare sustem for all that they can.........and yes, Fredonia is following Dunkirk's path of destruction just as well.

Location hidden

#10 Jun 23, 2012
God Awful wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not a dunkirk dirtbag, but i have lived here for a short time. Not much longer. I see why everyone has moved away.
Makes me glad I don't live in Dunkirk...lol.... Was it ever a nice place?
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#11 Jun 23, 2012
Im Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes me glad I don't live in Dunkirk...lol.... Was it ever a nice place?
yes sarah it certainly was and some parts are still nice. I'm sure some more of the "old timers" out there will agree with me. Washington Park was kind of a focal point with the King Neptune statue there. in the winter time the field just to the east of the high school would be flooded and a ice skating rink created. that was just so much fun. so many memories and it seems just a short while ago.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#12 Jun 23, 2012
I live in a nice neighborhood and love it here. The neghbors are kind and caring. We look out for each other and eachothers kids and homes.

People who talk negatively of Dunkirk dont see the big picture. They see a few flaws and judge the entire city as a whole inaccurately.

There are crappy areas in every town/city and just like other cities, Dunkirk has many very nice areas.

If you drive street by street, you will see that the nice by far outweigh the not so nice homes.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Perhaps the next time I am in the town I will take the time to drive around and see what's off the beaten path.

It's kinda sad to see so many smaller towns falling apart on the 'main drag'

Have you all only lived in Dunkirk and surrounding area most of your lives?
batman

Dunkirk, NY

#16 Jun 24, 2012
joe white wrote:
<quoted text>yes sarah it certainly was and some parts are still nice. I'm sure some more of the "old timers" out there will agree with me. Washington Park was kind of a focal point with the King Neptune statue there. in the winter time the field just to the east of the high school would be flooded and a ice skating rink created. that was just so much fun. so many memories and it seems just a short while ago.
don't forget walking to the 3 theaters on sat. or sunday. state, regent, or capital.$.20. stay all day if you want.$.05 candy.$.10 soda(we called it pop) and popcorn. then go to candy land. or walk down to matt's for hot peanuts. or swim to the raft at first ward beach. clean water and plenty of sand and beach. check the old post cards to see how it looked. maybe go to ymca. near tenney st., and play baseball all day. sharing a quart of soda. trick or treating. go a couple blocks and get so many great candy bars etc. filling the whole bag. many more fun things to do. not worrying about being abused or bullied. a lot of that is gone, but not all. i for one stay away from many doings because of the type of people that populate these events. i don't wanna be a victim, so i stay away. sort of like keeping my feet on the ground. who remembers st. elizabeth ann seton's weekend festival some 20 or more years ago. i think on saturday night. they catered to the spanish catholics and had spanish food and bands.(music). all of a sudden out of nowhere. it seemed like 100's of p.r.'s came out of everywhere with clubs and started a riot. i was getting scared. i thought my wife and could possibly get beat up badly or even killed. we snuck out of there passing many of them with ax handles and they spared us. they never had another festival since then. that's what these people can do. as i'm typing this i feel my blood pressure rise with hatred towards these bad people that ruin everything good about their race and dunkirk. if that sounds racist so be it. at least it's for a good reason.
Gottasayit

Buffalo, NY

#17 Jun 24, 2012
I love Dunkirk!! Dodging all the jerk-off lowlife "Allie Vato's" (Sp.?) walking in the streets is a riot! Beep your horn at them for an education in bi-lingual profanity, and that's from the women and kids!! Drive around and look at all the crackhead welfare folks sitting in the shade of their driveways all day, and I mean ALL DAY, from early morning to night. We have stabbings, shootings, robberies, home invasions, old people beaten up, and they all get off with a wrist slap to do more!!! You can actually watch drug deals going on in certain sections of the city almost any tome of every day, especially in warm weather. I'm not sure why the police can't seem to find them. Any festival or decent event in the city eventually gets screwed up as these low lifes begin to show up, which is why the private clubs are so sucessful. Yep, nice neighborhoods are here, like little islands in a sea of crap.
joe white

Fredonia, NY

#18 Jun 24, 2012
Im Sarah wrote:
Perhaps the next time I am in the town I will take the time to drive around and see what's off the beaten path.
It's kinda sad to see so many smaller towns falling apart on the 'main drag'
Have you all only lived in Dunkirk and surrounding area most of your lives?
I have lived in or visited almost every country in the world and have lived in many places here in this contry,north,south,east,and west. I retuned here for two reasons,my Mom was still alive,and despite what some say this is one of the most wonderful and beautiful parts of the world. I know there are detractors to living around here but the good outweighs the bad. back awhile I was talking about moving but I'm having second thoughts. I'm sure that sentence will bring many comments of goodwill and cheer from my many fans.
Moneytalks

Silver Creek, NY

#19 Jun 24, 2012
_Leonard_ wrote:
I live in a nice neighborhood and love it here. The neghbors are kind and caring. We look out for each other and eachothers kids and homes.
People who talk negatively of Dunkirk dont see the big picture. They see a few flaws and judge the entire city as a whole inaccurately.
There are crappy areas in every town/city and just like other cities, Dunkirk has many very nice areas.
If you drive street by street, you will see that the nice by far outweigh the not so nice homes.
This by far is a more accurate view of Dunkirk. I too live in a beautiful home in a great neighborhood. Go to school, work hard, and you can live in a nice area too!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#20 Jun 24, 2012
Yeah Sarah, for someone who hasn't lived in Dunkirk, or gone to our schools, you sure are opinionated on our city and culture as you comment on everything!

Location hidden

#21 Jun 24, 2012
Gratiot wrote:
Yeah Sarah, for someone who hasn't lived in Dunkirk, or gone to our schools, you sure are opinionated on our city and culture as you comment on everything!
Excuse me? I have not commented on Dunkirk's schools or Dunkirk itsself. Point out where I have DIRECTLY mentioned Dunkirk's school system and how it is or how the city is run or what should be done to Dunkirk to make it better? I happen to have a client in Dunkirk but don't know the place as some of you do.

I am allowed to comment on what I choose to comment on...unless I am supposed to get written permission from YOU?

Location hidden

#22 Jun 24, 2012
Axix wrote:
Sarah quit you fibbing you live in dunkirk and have mentioned it before here on topix.
I have? Must have cost you a bundle to make that comment from a far away country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can a firefighter on disability go to calls? (Oct '10) 1 hr butch 18
Ross's loses it at press conference 1 hr Not a sheep herder 9
Handyman Needed 1 hr Lil ole me 3
Will Rosas and dunkirk face lawsuit for his com... 2 hr Haha 39
Caught lying again (Dec '13) 12 hr Judysbrother 7
Joe Cerrie Wed Local resident 6
Mike Grant..need I say more! Tue Chip 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages