|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

IMO

Pretty simple. They chose the wrong Candidate. And he chose the wrong VP.

I find it interesting that the Romney-Ryan ticket was the first Presidential ticket to lose both of their home states since 1972.

Also, Romney lost Massachusetts, the state of which he was Governor.

It seems that those voters who really knew these guys hated them.
Good Grief

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I'd agree with you. The GOP needs to find its direction. Quickly. I think Ryan is a smug little know-it-all, I can't stand listening to him talk, he has that "matter of fact"-ness to his speaking that I find seriously offputting. And Romney looks like he's ready to sell you a used car on the local lemon lot. They had no chance.

The GOP needs a non-religious, fiscally conservative, socially moderate, constitutionalist candidate who pushes many non-federal issues back to states' rights. Otherwise, don't even bother putting someone in the race.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

I agree completely. The Republican Party needed a candidate that could connect with the middle class. Early in the campaign, Romney was perceived as out of touch with the regular guy and, although he made strides toward correcting that, he never fully succeeded. Whether or not Romney made the right decision in choosing Ryan as a running mate is still unclear to me. Aside from his thirsty debate, I never got to know him at all. I think Romney could have run with Ted Kennedy and still would’ve lost.

I was on the fence throughout the entire campaign. I was undecided right up until I actually voted. I’ve never had that experience before. My final decision was based on which candidate coincided with my moral beliefs, since neither candidate appealed to me on international or domestic concerns.

I will go on record now and say that if the Democrats run Joe Biden in 2016, he will be beaten, regardless of the opponent.
Mike

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Somewhere Sandra Fluke is smiling.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Really very simple,just about 50% of the population wants free stuff and who will give that to them? Yep you guessed it. The other 50% who have work ethics are being taxed to death to pay for the freeloaders. Social spending is up right at %300 yet population is up only %24,not sustainable people even if you tax %100 of the income of "the rich". Just wait till you get that nifty little new tax form from the IRS relative to Obamacare in 2014. I'm sure you will be just tickled pink.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hammer wrote:
Really very simple,just about 50% of the population wants free stuff and who will give that to them? Yep you guessed it. The other 50% who have work ethics are being taxed to death to pay for the freeloaders. Social spending is up right at %300 yet population is up only %24,not sustainable people even if you tax %100 of the income of "the rich". Just wait till you get that nifty little new tax form from the IRS relative to Obamacare in 2014. I'm sure you will be just tickled pink.
So in your so called "perfect world" NO members of the Republican party receive any type of government benefits ?
Clifford 1969

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Heisenberg49 wrote:
<quoted text>
So in your so called "perfect world" NO members of the Republican party receive any type of government benefits ?
..........Your correct,hell i'm even going to start looking for free handouts.......once the government defaults and the welfare checks start to bounce at least i'll have my work ethics to fall back on!lol.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Heisenberg49 wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said anything about a perfect world but the percentages speak for themselves do they not? Can you justify that? Who said anything relative to party affilation? You are way out there 49.Sometimes it pays to sit back and read what you are replying to prior to replying.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Nothing like stereotyping those who receive any type of government benefits as ONLY Democrats.

There are no two sides to facts.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Heisenberg49 wrote:
Nothing like stereotyping those who receive any type of government benefits as ONLY Democrats.
There are no two sides to facts.
I'm trying to figure out where you are seeing any mention of democrats or republicans. Would you be kind enough to point that out,thanks.
Clyde10

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hammer wrote:
I can make up statistics, too.
Here's why Romney lost. While 46% of Americans believe that Obama wants to abdicate soveriegnty to the U.N.,
58% of Americans believe that Mitt Romney would make them wear magic, mormon underwear. Clearly, people were more afraid of the underwear than they were of the U.N.
long ball hitter

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Clyde10 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can make up statistics, too.
Here's why Romney lost. While 46% of Americans believe that Obama wants to abdicate soveriegnty to the U.N.,
58% of Americans believe that Mitt Romney would make them wear magic, mormon underwear. Clearly, people were more afraid of the underwear than they were of the U.N.
Once again, you are devoted to the rational interpretation of empirical data.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Another reason is that President Obama bought the union vote in two ways,in other words he used my/your money to buy votes for himself.
Mike

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hammer wrote:
Another reason is that President Obama bought the union vote in two ways,in other words he used my/your money to buy votes for himself.
I have been waiting for the excuses to begin. Might as well start a list.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been waiting for the excuses to begin. Might as well start a list.
Mike there is a big difference between excuses and reasons,mine are reasons.
Clyde10

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>Mike there is a big difference between excuses and reasons,mine are reasons.
How about this for a reason -- more people voted for Obama than Romney. What's that called again? That's right, D-e-m-o-c-r-a-c-y.
Hammer

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Clyde10 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this for a reason -- more people voted for Obama than Romney. What's that called again? That's right, D-e-m-o-c-r-a-c-y.
I have no issue with that as what you say is true. I simply said buying votes with folks tax money is not right and that is but one reason why he won. Now I assume you know what votes I speak of.
Clyde10

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Give it up. Stop looking for conspiracies behind every tree and third gunmen behind every grassy knoll.

Obama bailed out the auto industry because it made sense to him. Are you suggesting that he did it with an eye toward the 2012 election? And I suppose W bailed out the financial industry because he wanted McCain to get the Wall Street vote in 2008?

People in Ohio and Michigan benefited from that and they voted accordingly. Romney alienated them with his position on the bail out. I don't fault Romney for that position, it's what he believed was the correct approach. But it cost him votes.

Obama won because his ground game was better than Romney's. Obama got all of his voters out. So did Romney. Problem is there is a bigger democratic base in the so-called Battleground states that were decisive in the Electoral College. Romney needed to do more than just match base for base turnout. He needed to cut into the middle -- moderates and independents. He didn't get enough of that vote.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Another reason Romney lost was fallout from the GOP's war on women.

Women votes:
55% Obama to 43% Romney

Unmarried Women:
68% Obama to Romney 30%

Looks like the promised "Women will Remember in November" happened.

To paraphrase a line from the 1933 movie King Kong:

"Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty that killed the beast!"
onceuponatime

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Plain and simple...the GOP lost because they put the WRONG 2 candidates up!!!!! NEITHER Romney or Ryan were "likeable" or "relatable" to the majority of those voters who sat on the fence. Bain Capital, the 49%, and the Akin "ops" were more then the GOP could recover from. The world has changed--not everyone is Catholic, not everyone is Caucasian, etc...The GOP needs to move beyond appealing to the White, over 50 male, and people with an income over $100,000 or they are doomed. Hindsite is 20/20 and "should haves" will never see reality. With that said, the GOP stood a better chance of winning had they gone with any of these as a duo (not an exclusive list) Rubio, Christie, Santorum, Cane, Karger.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Dunkirk Forum right now

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
News on Monday about Lakeview Shock 39 min Dr_Truth 28
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 3 hr Gravity Pete 670
clarion hotel 3 hr marauder 4
Review: Shults Resale Center (Nov '13) 9 hr Dutchess 9
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 12 hr opps drop the soap again 2,985
Weird 50 year old paperboy 15 hr FrankMashino 5
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••