"Just Energy" door to door salesman

Posted in the Dunkirk Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anonymous

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Has anyone had these folks come to your door?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php...
notasucker

Mayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 19, 2011
 

Judged:

4

2

1

I had people bother me to go with Ambit Energy. It's a pyramid scam. Bull**** to all of it.
Anonymous

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Throw these people off your porch and slam the door shut!! They are all a scam.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

notasucker wrote:
I had people bother me to go with Ambit Energy. It's a pyramid scam. Bull**** to all of it.
The U-tube video was not Ambit energy. we, and some of our friends signed up to change our service to Ambit Energy, through our friends, Kay and Eddie Pagano. They own the local Sears Store. You cannot be illegally switched to Ambit. After we signed up, Ambit called us to do a telephone verification we were switching. They also followed up with a verification e-mail before the service was "switched". We are saving money, it didn't cost anything to switch, and we can quit anytime with no contract or penalty. There is good and bad in all.

Since: Feb 08

gowanda ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I've been with Just Energy for 3 years, and Yes, it has saved me a few bucks!
No way

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I agree that they are pushy, rude, and will not take no for an answer. I kicked one of them off my property recently. I almost had to threaten to call the police. I have friends who were gullible enough to get involved with this, and warned me to look out. Sure, you get some savings at first, but that soon goes away and you are stuck!

Ambit apparently has been pushing hard in our area recently. I have had three or four people I know try to sucker me into this through them. If people resort to that as a way to earn income, I sort of question their intelligence. They will soon fade away, so whatever. At least I know not to get involved. Can't help other people's stupidity.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Like I said, we signed up in Ambit through our friends that own the Sears Store in Fredonia. Nothing changes but the rate. And if NRG gets cheaper, we can switch back anytime. Do you know what this reminds me of? Ma Bell (bell telephone) had a monopoly and hammered people for rates. The telephone industry became de-regulated and competition sprung up everywhere. This is the same thing, and it's good. It creates competition. Competition holds down rates. On down the road, if NRG looses enough customers, they will start matching/lowering rates and buying back customers.
Disagree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

INS REP wrote:
Like I said, we signed up in Ambit through our friends that own the Sears Store in Fredonia. Nothing changes but the rate. And if NRG gets cheaper, we can switch back anytime. Do you know what this reminds me of? Ma Bell (bell telephone) had a monopoly and hammered people for rates. The telephone industry became de-regulated and competition sprung up everywhere. This is the same thing, and it's good. It creates competition. Competition holds down rates. On down the road, if NRG looses enough customers, they will start matching/lowering rates and buying back customers.
You'll see that the criticism of this company is warranted. Give it time. In the meantime, Google "Ambit Consumer complaints" and do some research. I think your "good friend" - whether knowingly or unknowingly- sold you a bill of goods. Only a matter of time before the FTC gets involved with these companies. It's like the Wild West for them right now.
Jeff

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

3

1

1

The only thing worse than these energy sales leaches is when an insurance rep shows up on the step.
I know the deal

Fredonia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

INS REP wrote:
Like I said, we signed up in Ambit through our friends that own the Sears Store in Fredonia. Nothing changes but the rate. And if NRG gets cheaper, we can switch back anytime. Do you know what this reminds me of? Ma Bell (bell telephone) had a monopoly and hammered people for rates. The telephone industry became de-regulated and competition sprung up everywhere. This is the same thing, and it's good. It creates competition. Competition holds down rates. On down the road, if NRG looses enough customers, they will start matching/lowering rates and buying back customers.
So, they signed you up to sell it, too, huh? Also, just because someone owns a business, it doesn't give them immediate credibility in the public's eye around here, FYI.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I know the deal wrote:
<quoted text>
So, they signed you up to sell it, too, huh? Also, just because someone owns a business, it doesn't give them immediate credibility in the public's eye around here, FYI.
No, I was invited, but not interested no time. We have a friend who is extremely intelligent, owns quite a few businesses, and calculated his savings. Of coarse, the more and bigger the bills, the greater the savings. We didn't mind signing up to save money, no contract or obligation.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Jeff wrote:
The only thing worse than these energy sales leaches is when an insurance rep shows up on the step.
I service businesses utilizing payroll deduct on a group basis. The only worse thing is ending up in the ER and being in debt for months. Or, getting injured, un-able to work, with no income. Do you know anyone that had a workers comp claim because of an on-the -job injury and it took them weeks or months to get their first check?
Jeff

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

The absolutely BEST for a comp situation is COMBINED LIFE.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Jeff wrote:
The absolutely BEST for a comp situation is COMBINED LIFE.
Combined Life doesn't market workers comp.
TaxGuy

Novelty, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 28, 2011
 
hey haters..do your "due diligence." How bout google Inc500 or NYS Public Service Commission. You will see Ambit NUMBER ONE in 2010 as fastest growing company...is THAT FROM BEING A SCAM? I THINK NOT.

NYS PSC...check "complaints" section...you won't find Ambit there. Hmmmm....so.....

You guys are too funny. Get a life.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

TaxGuy wrote:
hey haters..do your "due diligence." How bout google Inc500 or NYS Public Service Commission. You will see Ambit NUMBER ONE in 2010 as fastest growing company...is THAT FROM BEING A SCAM? I THINK NOT.
NYS PSC...check "complaints" section...you won't find Ambit there. Hmmmm....so.....
You guys are too funny. Get a life.
I'm beginning to believe there are people out here who complain and bitch about others to feel good about themselves. It doesn't make a difference who the person is, what the topic is, etc. If they can complain about it, and feel correct in their own scary mind, they can feel good about themselves.If they are feeling good about themselves, their "EGO" just got a boost-till they nose dive,and are not feeling good about themselves. Then, it's on to the next person or topic to complain about, so they can gain feel good about themselves.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

"again"-sorry
Ripped

Dunkirk, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

The original question was about the "Just Energy" salesmen.. I went to BBB to find they had an "F" rating for pushy, misleading, and inaccurate dealings with potential customers. I actually felt bad for the guy who came to our door. I let him do his speak, told him some facts about the NG market, he complimented me on knowing my stuff and went to the next house. He's just happy he's got a job you know?

We had a girl from a different company, think it was Ambit you all are referring to.. she knocked during the Bills/Giants game. Seriously? I wasn't so polite with her.
Laura

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Chucky Wagonski wrote:
Has anyone had these folks come to your door?????
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.facebook.com/topic.php...
This "company" came to my door last weekend! I answered th edoor because I thought it was someone reading gas meters, but I quickly found that I was wrong. I told him that if he gave me a brochure or a business card, that I would look it over and call him if I was interested, but the guy kept saying that he didn't have any, and that he needed my name and phone number- and I refused to give him any information. I didn't see any brochures or anything- he only had a clip board with one piece of paper on it and he was wearing a name tag.
gusinski

Thomasville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 28, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

2

INS REP wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm beginning to believe there are people out here who complain and bitch about others to feel good about themselves. It doesn't make a difference who the person is, what the topic is, etc. If they can complain about it, and feel correct in their own scary mind, they can feel good about themselves.If they are feeling good about themselves, their "EGO" just got a boost-till they nose dive,and are not feeling good about themselves. Then, it's on to the next person or topic to complain about, so they can gain feel good about themselves.
Ins Creap You just described yourself, & you should talk about ego's You think you know just about everything on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Dunkirk Forum right now

Search the Dunkirk Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Rush Limpballs 6,331
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 4 hr Billy O Liar 16,768
That's a lot of baby formula! 5 hr MostPeopleStink 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Billy O Liar 6,353
Chautauqua County Fair 12 hr yeahnah 7
Puerto Ricans invest Dunkirk for the Welfare Be... (Jan '14) 14 hr ralph 82
rip joe white 21 hr Ambat 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dunkirk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dunkirk
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••