CSEA Declares Impasse in Contract Dis...

CSEA Declares Impasse in Contract Dispute

There are 12 comments on the WKBW story from Feb 1, 2012, titled CSEA Declares Impasse in Contract Dispute. In it, WKBW reports that:

Dunkirk, N.Y. -- CSEA declared impasse in contract talks with Chatauqua County on Wednesday, following the county's refusal of a deal that would have saved taxpayers close to $2 million over the life of the contract.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKBW.

Harriet

Dunkirk, NY

#1 Feb 1, 2012
terminate them all and contract services
Yeah

Buffalo, NY

#2 Feb 2, 2012
Oh, now that would be a smart thing to do. Do you have any idea the kind of work that the workers do? Do you have ANY clue? Come answer my phones for 1 day, then tell me that I should be let go or that my wages should be cut. Trust me.....we don't make as much as most think.
jethro

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Feb 2, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Oh, now that would be a smart thing to do. Do you have any idea the kind of work that the workers do? Do you have ANY clue? Come answer my phones for 1 day, then tell me that I should be let go or that my wages should be cut. Trust me.....we don't make as much as most think.
maybe not. but you sitting on your butt answering a phone while collecting benefits that the real working people would die for, adding daily to a pension that the working people cant afford to pay for you, getting sick days, holiday pay that we the taxpayers can't afford is disgusting. its been going on too long. you union losers have no idea how good you have it and how it is to work in the private sector. don't break a sweat as you push that button and say hello.
Yeah

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 2, 2012
Sitting on my BUTT?? Really? I work my BUTT off everyday to HELP the people of this county. AND to help SAVE this county money by NOT giving benefits to people who don't deserve them! The benefits here are not NEARLY as good as when I worked in the private sector (or when I was a "real working" person as you call it). If you're jealous, there is plently of openings that you can apply and test for. Don't hate unions just because they demand respect from employers! I worked in the private sector for years with DAMN good pay. Way better pay than I make here. WAY better! Worker's deserve to be treated with respect, that is all we're asking. Beleive me! I thought working for the County would be a cake job, too! IT'S far, far from it! They are taking more and more from us. The buildig is disgusting.....cockroaches everywhere. I'm not exagerating either.
Hammer

Dunkirk, NY

#5 Feb 3, 2012
jethro wrote:
<quoted text>maybe not. but you sitting on your butt answering a phone while collecting benefits that the real working people would die for, adding daily to a pension that the working people cant afford to pay for you, getting sick days, holiday pay that we the taxpayers can't afford is disgusting. its been going on too long. you union losers have no idea how good you have it and how it is to work in the private sector. don't break a sweat as you push that button and say hello.
I hope they never settle the fcking contract!!..Thats your problem you never were smart enough to get a real job!!..Loser!!
Has a real job

Fredonia, NY

#6 Feb 3, 2012
Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope they never settle the fcking contract!!..Thats your problem you never were smart enough to get a real job!!..Loser!!
I consider a real job to be something that requires a college education. Most of the CSEA jobs do not qualify! Sorry, but anyone can answer phones and type out forms. It's ludicrous that these people get paid more than educated professionals when they only need a GED to qualify for most of the positions! Hang tough Chautauqua County. Maybe the County Home will be sold, and then these people become the private sector's problem.
B Dog

Little Genesee, NY

#7 Feb 3, 2012
I have 12 yrs. with a CSEA job right now. I also worked in the private sector 25 yrs. and it was union also,for which I'm retired from and drawing a pension check every month. In a few yrs. I'll be drawing two pensions, life is what you make it, who is the real loser now!
Has a real job

Fredonia, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2012
B Dog wrote:
I have 12 yrs. with a CSEA job right now. I also worked in the private sector 25 yrs. and it was union also,for which I'm retired from and drawing a pension check every month. In a few yrs. I'll be drawing two pensions, life is what you make it, who is the real loser now!
So congratulations on screwing the taxpayers. You should be so proud.
DKNY

Jamestown, NY

#9 Feb 3, 2012
How is that "screwing the taxpayers"???
B Dog

Little Genesee, NY

#11 Feb 4, 2012
DKNY wrote:
How is that "screwing the taxpayers"???
Beats me!! LOL
Hammer

Dunkirk, NY

#12 Feb 4, 2012
Has a real job wrote:
<quoted text>
So congratulations on screwing the taxpayers. You should be so proud.
Most everyone who works in the public sector are proud of their job..And most of the employees are very well educated..I think you are just jealous,and you are forgetting that public employees serve the Taxpayers,but that doesnt mean they should be treated like slaves!!..Get real and get off your high horse,get that chip off your shoulder..Life is a dance,if you cant dance,cutting down the people who can is pure assholery!!..
DKNY

Jamestown, NY

#13 Feb 4, 2012
Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Most everyone who works in the public sector are proud of their job..And most of the employees are very well educated..I think you are just jealous,and you are forgetting that public employees serve the Taxpayers,but that doesnt mean they should be treated like slaves!!..Get real and get off your high horse,get that chip off your shoulder..Life is a dance,if you cant dance,cutting down the people who can is pure assholery!!..
Is that anything like douchebaggery???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best place to work 44 min New girl on the b... 6
Lake Shore Savinsg Milleneal Group 4 hr Teller 2
i wanna suck a bigclit Thu dandy don 16
Blasdell pizza Wed Paintman 12
DPW Director rigs City Auction Jan 17 step n fetch it j... 102
News Manufacturing right here in our backyard Jan 17 Wayne 8
the castle (Jun '10) Jan 17 moma 31

Dunkirk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance