First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

East Amherst, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2013
The mayor and council will be meeting Tuesday to discuss the new union contract. Now for years, the city has cried "it's broke, it's broke". The city just raised fees. I guarantee this new contract includes raises in salaries, they WON'T be contributing to pay for their own heatlh care (that burden will be 100% on the tax payers) and I guarantee the contract will pass as their isn't anyone on the council who will have the backbone to oppose it. They're broke, they're broke...we need to raise taxes and fees....and the salaries of the police. Carriage House has the right idea...LEAVE DK
Phil

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jan 19, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
The mayor and council will be meeting Tuesday to discuss the new union contract. Now for years, the city has cried "it's broke, it's broke". The city just raised fees. I guarantee this new contract includes raises in salaries, they WON'T be contributing to pay for their own heatlh care (that burden will be 100% on the tax payers) and I guarantee the contract will pass as their isn't anyone on the council who will have the backbone to oppose it. They're broke, they're broke...we need to raise taxes and fees....and the salaries of the police. Carriage House has the right idea...LEAVE DK
Wrong again as usual but as expected from one that for some reason hates law enforcement people. Did you perhaps flunk the civil service exam?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jan 19, 2013
How much to regular people contribute to their health plan? Orchard Park, Amherst and Rochester police departments are self funded the Dunkirk Police contribute 5-7% that's ridiculous. Plus the city will be contributing an extra $1900. Plus they get longevity pay which is just fussy math to make up for the no increase until the 3% raise for all officers in 2015. So in 2015 not only do they only contribute 5-7% of their insurance costs, but they get $1900, plus longevity pay plus 3% across the board raise...broke my ass.

Dunkirk insurance for employees needs to follow the path of other municipalities...they shoulde be 100% Self funded.

Phil...you're an uneducated moron who clearly has little education and knows nothing about economics..So please genious regail us with your reasoning of how the city can always cry "We're broke, we're broke" and are operating a bare bones budget and have to raise fees to cover expenses and still justify this contract.

I await your answer as I and others can't wait to laugh our asses off at just how stupid you are.
Phil is an idiot

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Phil you think you deserve a raise? dont you milk the city of Dunkirk out of enough money by working overtime? Your a lame piece of shit and now you talk like everyones a criminal because they oppose raises for law enforcement. Simple you make too much money now. If anything you clowns should be taking a pay cut. Whats the most action you get in a night? Pulling someone over for a headlight out. Wooooo DANGEROUS. You wouldnt last a day in NYC. You would shit on yourself like the little pansy you are.
Phil

Fredonia, NY

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Phil is an idiot wrote:
Phil you think you deserve a raise? dont you milk the city of Dunkirk out of enough money by working overtime? Your a lame piece of shit and now you talk like everyones a criminal because they oppose raises for law enforcement. Simple you make too much money now. If anything you clowns should be taking a pay cut. Whats the most action you get in a night? Pulling someone over for a headlight out. Wooooo DANGEROUS. You wouldnt last a day in NYC. You would shit on yourself like the little pansy you are.
Now now now "anonymous" calm down and stay on topic. I thought you guaranteed something in your first post? Seems as if you missed the boat right? Now What do we get in return for your "guarantee"? Careful with that drinking and driving or you'll get caught again!
Anonymous

Tonawanda, NY

#6 Jan 19, 2013
I wasn't wrong...the city gave them an undeserving raise...is paying a ridiculous portion of their health insurance costs and is offering them longevity pay..But the City is broke...so how are they going to pay for this contract? Are you telling me the cops won't be seeing any doctors this year and we won't hve any costs associated with their healthcare...cops never got longevity pay before assclown..so whats the difference if they give them a percentage of a raise in years 1-3 of the contract or give them longevity pay...again they are giving golden parachutes to the Unions and the tax payers and businesses...well the tax payers and businesses that are left and footing the bill...obviously you are to dumb to understand this.
Phil

Fredonia, NY

#7 Jan 19, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I wasn't wrong...the city gave them an undeserving raise...is paying a ridiculous portion of their health insurance costs and is offering them longevity pay..But the City is broke...so how are they going to pay for this contract? Are you telling me the cops won't be seeing any doctors this year and we won't hve any costs associated with their healthcare...cops never got longevity pay before assclown..so whats the difference if they give them a percentage of a raise in years 1-3 of the contract or give them longevity pay...again they are giving golden parachutes to the Unions and the tax payers and businesses...well the tax payers and businesses that are left and footing the bill...obviously you are to dumb to understand this.
This isn't wrong "(that burden will be 100% on the tax payers)" wrong as usual,try again. Don't forget they pay taxes as well.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jan 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't wrong "(that burden will be 100% on the tax payers)" wrong as usual,try again. Don't forget they pay taxes as well.
Are you retarded or just old and senile...the police pay 5-7% of their health insurance costs..that's it...where in the private sector do employees only pay 5-7% of their costs? Again Rochester and Orchard Park are Self-funded..i.e the police pay 100% of their costs...thats the direction the City should go in. If your too dumb to see the ridiculousness of the taxes citizens have to pay for these golden benefits you are part of the problem...dumb a$$
SickOfYou

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 20, 2013
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again as usual but as expected from one that for some reason hates law enforcement people. Did you perhaps flunk the civil service exam?
Typical Joe White post.
Phil

Fredonia, NY

#10 Jan 20, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/best-c... It seems "Anonymous" that you just continue with the pattern of posting uninformed opinions either maliciously or because you are ignorant as to the world outside of Dunkirk. Which is it?
Anonymous

Salamanca, NY

#11 Jan 20, 2013
Is Dunkirk a muli-billion dollar company? Did you read the notes in the article? Why don't you try this dumb ass....go to all area busineses and municipalities and find out what their employees have to contribute to their health insurance...WHAT LOCAL BUSINESSES COVER 93, 95 OR 100% of their health care costs...you are part of the problem...you are uneducated and clearly know nothing about economics...
Phil

Fredonia, NY

#12 Jan 20, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
Is Dunkirk a muli-billion dollar company? Did you read the notes in the article? Why don't you try this dumb ass....go to all area busineses and municipalities and find out what their employees have to contribute to their health insurance...WHAT LOCAL BUSINESSES COVER 93, 95 OR 100% of their health care costs...you are part of the problem...you are uneducated and clearly know nothing about economics...
Oh I see you have now changed the parameters from "where" to "local" correct? Why didn't you say that in the first place? Now calm down a bit with the name calling. You are the one that might fit all those categories. Next excuse please! I checked into the Orchard Park Police dept insurance benefits as well. I will gladly post those if you "PROMISE" not to go nuts again? Deal? busineses is not spelled correctly incidentally. It is spelled businesses. You need to be consistent.
GetTheFacts

Eden, NY

#13 Jan 20, 2013
Anonymous, do you know what the term "self funded" means? It doesn't mean that the employee pays all of the costs, the employer does. Now with self funded plans the employee can contribute. You quote Orchard Park as an example. Do a search and find their contract online at the New York State Public Employees Relations Board website. You will find the officers pay nothing for their insurance. They also receive up to $3000 in longevity payments. A little research on your part might also result in your finding most other municipalities in the area also pay between 5 and 10% for insurance, no more than that.
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#14 Jan 20, 2013
Post it...you are "both" dead wrong...No wonder why people and businesses continue to leave Dunkirk...dumbasses like you who rob the city blind...but lets keep spending money like you have it
Jim

United States

#15 Jan 21, 2013
Unless pay was cut in half, then the contract was bunk for the residents. No need to have cops making 100k +
Jim

United States

#16 Jan 21, 2013
Unless the contract states that all employees live in the city of dunkirk (which it should) then your last sentance is as worthless as a dk piggy.
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't wrong "(that burden will be 100% on the tax payers)" wrong as usual,try again. Don't forget they pay taxes as well.
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#17 Jan 21, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Are you retarded or just old and senile...the police pay 5-7% of their health insurance costs..that's it...where in the private sector do employees only pay 5-7% of their costs? Again Rochester and Orchard Park are Self-funded..i.e the police pay 100% of their costs...thats the direction the City should go in. If your too dumb to see the ridiculousness of the taxes citizens have to pay for these golden benefits you are part of the problem...dumb a$$
Wrong wrong wrong about self funded. The police DO NOT pay 100% of their health, read the contract. You want a forum to complain about, get on board with what the government is doing with guns and ownership and privacy. That will keep you busy for a long while.
ACU

Fredonia, NY

#18 Jan 21, 2013
Jim wrote:
Unless pay was cut in half, then the contract was bunk for the residents. No need to have cops making 100k +
Why whats your beef. They would not be making the salary w/o putting in the hrs. They are down manpower and the city will not hire ( cheaper to pay ot than bennies salaries etc) Take the test, get on board andas far as calling these officer piggies, it just shows a vein of either ignorance or stupidity. It only bothers those who aren't cops, I am sure most don't even care, they are providing for their families and that is all that matters.
tO DA CITY IDIOT

Fredonia, NY

#19 Jan 22, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
The mayor and council will be meeting Tuesday to discuss the new union contract. Now for years, the city has cried "it's broke, it's broke". The city just raised fees. I guarantee this new contract includes raises in salaries, they WON'T be contributing to pay for their own heatlh care (that burden will be 100% on the tax payers) and I guarantee the contract will pass as their isn't anyone on the council who will have the backbone to oppose it. They're broke, they're broke...we need to raise taxes and fees....and the salaries of the police. Carriage House has the right idea...LEAVE DK
YOU GARANTEE YEAH YOU GUARANTEE
HAVENT READ IT
YEAR FOUR IDIOT YEAR FOUR
Jim

Westfield, NY

#20 Jan 22, 2013
My beef is that the pigs have gotten fat on bloated contracts. The fact is we dont need nearly the amount of pigs or hours for said pigs. Cut the pay in half and cut the herd by one-third.
ACU wrote:
<quoted text> Why whats your beef. They would not be making the salary w/o putting in the hrs. They are down manpower and the city will not hire ( cheaper to pay ot than bennies salaries etc) Take the test, get on board andas far as calling these officer piggies, it just shows a vein of either ignorance or stupidity. It only bothers those who aren't cops, I am sure most don't even care, they are providing for their families and that is all that matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ralph "Bucky" Phillips Spotted In Chatauqua County (Jul '06) 2 hr HIGh ya 1,599
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr Ha Ha 6,445
Nov 14 time to thank Cuomo for SAFE ACT 12 hr Expert on Nothing 2
Council Person at Large Quits! 12 hr Expert on Nothing 7
best buffet Chinese restaurant 19 hr I know 6
ISIL, Syria, & Iraq 23 hr Been There 4
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) Mon HIGh ya 165
•••
•••
Dunkirk Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dunkirk Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dunkirk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dunkirk News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dunkirk
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••