dog lover

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jun 21, 2010
what do you think about all of the news lately?
WTF

Fredonia, NY

#2 Jun 21, 2010
I think they should muzzle the dumba$$ owners who put these strong animals on flimsy chains so they can break loose and attack. I've seen pitbulls before as tame as pussycats. Depends on the owner. Stupid owner = bad dog. Too much inbreeding can make them mean, too. And then there's the inbreeding of the dogs. Hahahahaha.
Shotzie

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Jun 21, 2010
WTF - ya got that right. The owners are usually more scarey than the animal.
butch

Dunkirk, NY

#4 Jun 21, 2010
WTF wrote:
I think they should muzzle the dumba$$ owners who put these strong animals on flimsy chains so they can break loose and attack. I've seen pitbulls before as tame as pussycats. Depends on the owner. Stupid owner = bad dog. Too much inbreeding can make them mean, too. And then there's the inbreeding of the dogs. Hahahahaha.
it is unfortunate that these dogs are desired by a lesser type of people. they get a bad rap due to shitty scum bag owners. any dog treated like that is gonna become unpredictable. simple solution, pass a law stating that you have to hold a full time job in order to own a pitbull and that will solve the whole thing. no more dog fighting.
hmmm

Fredonia, NY

#5 Jun 21, 2010
butch wrote:
<quoted text>it is unfortunate that these dogs are desired by a lesser type of people. they get a bad rap due to shitty scum bag owners. any dog treated like that is gonna become unpredictable. simple solution, pass a law stating that you have to hold a full time job in order to own a pitbull and that will solve the whole thing. no more dog fighting.
Iím under the assumption that your statement was made kind of as a joke, but...
They need to stop making more stupid laws.

Making more laws is not going to help one bit, the laws we already have need to be enforced.
There is already a law that all dog living within the city need to be licensed. How many dogs are living there that are not?
If you have a dog, you should have to prove that it is licensed and up to date on all its shots. If not have animal control out there taking dogs away that are not and that do not belong.
Shotzie

East Amherst, NY

#6 Jun 22, 2010
No, the simple solution is that if your dog is out of the house he needs to be in his locked chain link pen. (not on a tie down, or on a stake, or tied to the fence, or to the porch or to the fender of your car.) If he is on leash to be walked, he should have a muzzle (in case he should break loose). He should be licensed and have all the necessary shots to keep him healthy. The dog is the burden of the owner, and nobody else. If my dog hurt a child, that would be the end of him. Period. Bite once, they will bite again. End of story.
hmmm

Fredonia, NY

#7 Jun 22, 2010
Shotzie wrote:
...Bla, Bla, Bla...
I like your theory of keeping then locked away in cages, nothing like making dogs more anti-social. Dogs by nature are social animal and dogs like this need MORE socialization. They need to be out interacting with people and other animals too teach them how to be well-adjusted members of society. They need to get them out of the hands of the idiots that encourage this type of dog on dog aggression and anti-social behavior.

However, with idiot who would encourage any type of anti-social practice, any dog can and will turn in to a menace to society.
ummm

Dunkirk, NY

#8 Jun 22, 2010
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your theory of keeping then locked away in cages, nothing like making dogs more anti-social. Dogs by nature are social animal and dogs like this need MORE socialization. They need to be out interacting with people and other animals too teach them how to be well-adjusted members of society. They need to get them out of the hands of the idiots that encourage this type of dog on dog aggression and anti-social behavior.
However, with idiot who would encourage any type of anti-social practice, any dog can and will turn in to a menace to society.
you must be a dog expert. not easy for a pitbull to become social when the dog owners are night owls.
hmmm

Fredonia, NY

#9 Jun 22, 2010
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>you must be a dog expert. not easy for a pitbull to become social when the dog owners are night owls.
Well with most of them, they donít want their dog socialized.

Trying to enact stupid regulations that force the dogs into seclusion gives them just what they want, anti-social aggressive dogs.

The unlicensed dogs need to be removed. Dogs like this are being hide and abused to make them into the ideal anti-social beast. Backyard breeders need to be stopped, and people have to be selective of where they get their puppies from.

Some people want these dogs because they want others to be scared. Stop trying to demonize the animal and their popularity will start to dwindle.

Letís get the news and media to start exploiting the nastiness and shear ferocity of bunny rabbits. Then youíll have all the hood rats out there walking around with bunnies.
justgottalaugh

Dunkirk, NY

#10 Jun 22, 2010
reading all these posts just make me laugh! please people stop being such ignorant fools and study just a tad bit on the subjects you are gonna post on. you sheep are just too funny, papers construe the truth and noone ever cares to even accept the truth. with the recent news, just look at some of the facts, bite from a pit bull on a child? did you see the pictures? hmmmm ok, well anyone that is educated about dogs in general no need to spotlight a specific breed here because if a DOG attacks anyone there is a bite. All educated people should agree with this, but no bite happened, as shown by pictures. the only reason this even went as far as it has is because the people who are according to some are not such nice people and hate pit bulls in general. this was done purely because of the breed of the dog, which is a total shame, and because our caring mayor who so lovingly takes care of this city(cough cough)and the judge who is too afraid to make any judgement that would go against our mayor. this breed is very loving breed and does not deserve the reputation that these uneducated people keep repeating as facts. i agree in breeding has become a problem because some people see these dogs just as you people keep saying they are "vicious" but people really need to get a grip and understand any dog that is trained that way will act accordingly. people just really need to stop writing thier opinion as facts, get a grip on reality and start doing more for their community than sit on thier fat behinds and do something to make this city a better place to live in.
Gimmeabreak

Fredonia, NY

#11 Jun 23, 2010
justgottalaugh wrote:
reading all these posts just make me laugh! please people stop being such ignorant fools and study just a tad bit on the subjects you are gonna post on. you sheep are just too funny, papers construe the truth and noone ever cares to even accept the truth. with the recent news, just look at some of the facts, bite from a pit bull on a child? did you see the pictures? hmmmm ok, well anyone that is educated about dogs in general no need to spotlight a specific breed here because if a DOG attacks anyone there is a bite. All educated people should agree with this, but no bite happened, as shown by pictures. the only reason this even went as far as it has is because the people who are according to some are not such nice people and hate pit bulls in general. this was done purely because of the breed of the dog, which is a total shame, and because our caring mayor who so lovingly takes care of this city(cough cough)and the judge who is too afraid to make any judgement that would go against our mayor. this breed is very loving breed and does not deserve the reputation that these uneducated people keep repeating as facts. i agree in breeding has become a problem because some people see these dogs just as you people keep saying they are "vicious" but people really need to get a grip and understand any dog that is trained that way will act accordingly. people just really need to stop writing thier opinion as facts, get a grip on reality and start doing more for their community than sit on thier fat behinds and do something to make this city a better place to live in.
No one is saying the dog breed is bad. If you'd read these posts, people are saying that the owners are. The kid was DEFINITELY bit by the dog. Immediately after it happened there were police cars, a rescue truck, and an ambulance there. I live a street over and heard it on the scanner. Are all those people lying about the dog biting someone? Was it NOT running loose? It's a BAD tempered dog - regardless of breed. The owners aren't much better. It's my understanding that this particular dog - regardless of its breed - has been breaking loose and coming after people on a regular basis. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have pets. You should be required to take an IQ test to prove that you are smarter than the dog you want to own.
Shotzie

Dunkirk, NY

#12 Jun 23, 2010
Regarding comments by Hmmmmm: Well of course the dog should not be in the pen all the time!! The pen is for the dog's safety when the owners are, say, shopping, at work, etc., and you want the dog to get some fresh air or just sleep in the sun, etc. They cannot be walked on leash or played w/or in the house all the time. For God's sake, people, stop being so dramatic here...it's really quite simple. Since when did having a dog have to get so complicated. No wonder the world is in the mess it's in.
zzz

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jun 23, 2010
The dog breed is bad. It has the potential danger of a gun. Letting people have pitbulls is like letting people have automatic weapons. Some people use them responsibly, some people don't. The fact is, these dogs are bred to be dangerous to bulls. A human does not stand a chance. We can't have people keeping these as pets inside an urban environment. They are too much of a public hazard and require too much maintenance for a casual owner to ensure the safety of their neighbors.
stuv

Dunkirk, NY

#14 Jun 23, 2010
justgottalaugh wrote:
I believe that the boy had stiches.
dumass

Dunkirk, NY

#15 Jun 23, 2010
zzz wrote:
The dog breed is bad. It has the potential danger of a gun. Letting people have pitbulls is like letting people have automatic weapons. Some people use them responsibly, some people don't. The fact is, these dogs are bred to be dangerous to bulls. A human does not stand a chance. We can't have people keeping these as pets inside an urban environment. They are too much of a public hazard and require too much maintenance for a casual owner to ensure the safety of their neighbors.
u no nuthing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunkirk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News More funds sought for city revitalization 32 min Assessor 6
vee santos columbus ave 8 hr mearljohns 12
great meth house 8 hr mearljohns 1
Hector Rosas 9 hr Tammy 74
News Dunkirk man, wanted on warrants, nabbed with drugs 12 hr BanditsSuck 3
Tony dloniak (Sep '17) Sun Liberty 60
Mr Potatoe Head Sun Haha 2

Dunkirk Jobs

Personal Finance

Dunkirk Mortgages