Has Sheriff Puckett kept his campaign...

Has Sheriff Puckett kept his campaign promises

Created by just wondering on Jan 3, 2011

172 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
EYES

Nickelsville, VA

#21 Oct 19, 2011
Ears wrote:
<quoted text>
You think he has integrity....really? Hauling & giving out campaign signs in a county vehicle doesn't fit my definition of integrity. Telling a grieving mother she should have raised her son better is not exactly stellar behavior either.
if he said that it was for a good reason. its time for the parents answer for the was they rase there kids
Ears

Gate City, VA

#22 Oct 20, 2011
EYES wrote:
<quoted text> if he said that it was for a good reason. its time for the parents answer for the was they rase there kids
He certainly thinks he knows more than anyone else and he really don't care about anyone unless they can help him walk tall. The son was an adult---he worked hard for twenty some years---then he fell on hard times with the loss of a baby then divorce---don't think his upbringing had much to do with it. His mother didn't deserve to be treated like trash---she worked hard and did the very best she could raising her children.
KatKat

Gate City, VA

#24 Oct 22, 2011
Opulent Opossum wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right one man can't do it---but he pretends to do it all; when it reality, he's blowing smoke and really working on BEING SEEN! He's costing the county a fortune in all those one pill arrests---he's hasn't got enough dope to fill a teacup---but it's reported as a kazillion indictments. He has danced and pranced and lied but he is the sorriest sheriff this county has ever had!
Well, undoubtedly you or some of your close friends or relatives have been caught! I would be mad too! He always gives his deputies the recognition! Dont you have a tv? Maybe you should go somewhere and try to watch the news.
Owl

Gate City, VA

#25 Oct 22, 2011
KatKat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, undoubtedly you or some of your close friends or relatives have been caught! I would be mad too! He always gives his deputies the recognition! Dont you have a tv? Maybe you should go somewhere and try to watch the news.
I have seen the debonair sheriff on the news several times (yawn). What kind of recognition does he have for the ones on high knob smoking weed??
billy bass

Gate City, VA

#26 Oct 23, 2011
Owl wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen the debonair sheriff on the news several times (yawn). What kind of recognition does he have for the ones on high knob smoking weed??
Who was on high knob and where on high knob did it take place.
Buck

Elizabethton, TN

#27 Oct 24, 2011
billy bass wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was on high knob and where on high knob did it take place.
I guess it would best for you to ask the sheriff.
EYES

Nickelsville, VA

#28 Oct 27, 2011
Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have seen the debonair sheriff on the news several times (yawn). What kind of recognition does he have for the ones on high knob smoking weed??
you know so much about it you must have been there doing your part. the words (smoking weed) tells me you smoke it and you are pissed at john because he cutting down on your pasttime.
Owl

Gate City, VA

#29 Oct 27, 2011
EYES wrote:
<quoted text>you know so much about it you must have been there doing your part. the words (smoking weed) tells me you smoke it and you are pissed at john because he cutting down on your pasttime.

sherlock holms, i presume...i smoke nothing and I never have--no drugs of any kind and no alcoholic beverages. What I'm really irritated about is that our tax dollars are being squandered on piddley arrests and the big time criminals are going free.........you can't get anything of any importance done when you spend all you time getting your picture made...
done gone

Gate City, VA

#30 Nov 4, 2011
John Puckett is a wonderful man and sheriff.
I will continue to votr for this man as long as
he will run. The only people who won't vote for him are the ones he has arrested or the ones that Jesus himself couldn't please. He has done a great job of putting a dent in the the drug trade in Dungannon and surrounding areas.
It takes someone of his character who cares about his county and the citizens of it, to protect it the way he does in spite of the ridicule he receives from many of the do nothings that call scott county home. Keep up the good work Sheriff Puckett, you are the man.
Underdog

Gate City, VA

#31 Nov 5, 2011
done gone wrote:
John Puckett is a wonderful man and sheriff.
I will continue to votr for this man as long as
he will run. The only people who won't vote for him are the ones he has arrested or the ones that Jesus himself couldn't please. He has done a great job of putting a dent in the the drug trade in Dungannon and surrounding areas.
It takes someone of his character who cares about his county and the citizens of it, to protect it the way he does in spite of the ridicule he receives from many of the do nothings that call scott county home. Keep up the good work Sheriff Puckett, you are the man.
I'm not sure how you got so high and mighty to make such statements. The freedoms of this country & county allow the citizens to choose who THEY think is the best candidate. Personally, I feel the current sheriff has done a terrible job....giving money to thugs to get a pill from thier friend just to get those "numbers". He is only interested in "his goals" and he doesn't give a rat's behind about the people of this county. It takes a very COLD and extremely arrogant person to tell a devastated mother "you should have raised him better".
crack daddy

Gate City, VA

#32 Nov 5, 2011
Underdog wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure how you got so high and mighty to make such statements. The freedoms of this country & county allow the citizens to choose who THEY think is the best candidate. Personally, I feel the current sheriff has done a terrible job....giving money to thugs to get a pill from thier friend just to get those "numbers". He is only interested in "his goals" and he doesn't give a rat's behind about the people of this county. It takes a very COLD and extremely arrogant person to tell a devastated mother "you should have raised him better".
that's the man I am voting for! He has done a good job.
Buck

Gate City, VA

#33 Nov 5, 2011
crack daddy wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the man I am voting for! He has done a good job.
That's part of his game....he wants people to think he has done a good job. He's spends all of his time getting his picture made or he's got his feet propped up --- if you have a concern...he'll tell you to "make an appointment".
Just saying

Nickelsville, VA

#34 Nov 6, 2011
He has done a good job and will be getting my vote. He can only do so much with our system the way it is. Even when they make it to court so much can happen and they still get off with supervision, it's not fair but the way the system seems to work for the criminal . The majority of our officials are doing all they can it does take time. When people say our sheriff just gets the small ones and lets the bigger criminals get away and everyone knows who is selling and where they are selling from and who to. Maybe he is just putting a case together sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to make a big bust come together.
Buck

Elizabethton, TN

#35 Nov 7, 2011
Just saying wrote:
He has done a good job and will be getting my vote. He can only do so much with our system the way it is. Even when they make it to court so much can happen and they still get off with supervision, it's not fair but the way the system seems to work for the criminal . The majority of our officials are doing all they can it does take time. When people say our sheriff just gets the small ones and lets the bigger criminals get away and everyone knows who is selling and where they are selling from and who to. Maybe he is just putting a case together sometimes it takes quite a bit of time to make a big bust come together.
He has had four years to put the cases together but he is more worried about speeding tickets and getting his name in the paper. The ultimate travesty was telling the grief stricken mother, don't call me you should have raised him better! That's says all anyone needs to know about the current sheriff---he only wants the name and uniform and to be seen.
done gone

Gate City, VA

#36 Nov 9, 2011
If most of the parents in this county were as worried about being proper parents, having an honest job and setting an example for their children then most of John Puckett's problem wouldn't exist. Kids only learn what they see.
If mommy and daddy are hooligans who smoke pot, pop pills, raise hell in public and are good for nothing then guess what? More than likely junior is gonna turn out the same way.
Grow up people, if John Puckett is arresting you...
YOU ARE THE PROBLEM...... You need to quit your drugging and hell raising and do like the rest of the free world does. Go to work and take care of yourself and your family and quit blaming others for the Crap you bring on yourself.
Can't believe in this day and time people don't have this simple concept down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dungannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
celebrate 2 min Hill 4
Dink 38 min Timbo 4
narcs_list them here!!!! (Sep '10) 55 min evil devil 109
Hugh & Sue 58 min Ausy 3
Wise co IDA sued Where's the money ? 59 min evil devil 2
Why does Inn at Wise keep getting removed? 1 hr evil devil 8
nickey marshall and brandon greear (Jul '11) 1 hr Curious 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dungannon Mortgages