First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Anonymous

Gate City, VA

#1 Jan 7, 2011
GATE CITY — A Scott County grand jury indicted seven people Tuesday for their alleged roles in a mob beating that was partially coordinated with the use of Facebook.
Angela Michelle Grizzle, of Dungannon; Jimmy Ramsey, of Nickelsville; Linda J. Minnix, of Nickelsville; Summer Begley, no address given; Brittany Lynn Dickenson, of Dungannon; Ruby Jean Dickenson, of Dungannon; and James Junior Minnix, of Nickelsville, were all indicted on a charge of assault by mob, a Class 3 felony.
The seven were allegedly involved in the Sept. 1 attack on George Wesley Miller at his home near Fort Blackmore, Scott County Commonwealth’s Attorney Marcus McClung said. Miller was forced to seek medical treatment following the incident.
“Based on the intensity and a mob being involved, we got involved and the sheriff’s department got involved,” McClung said.“We conducted an investigation and found that these seven people were involved in the incident.”
Banjopiker

Gate City, VA

#2 Jan 7, 2011
Wow hahaha I could act surprised but Im not. And whats bad is Summer just had a baby girl and Brittany is prego, so wait ago ladies you are setting a prime example for your children!! I guess its not completely their fault though, they are only going by the example given to them as children. And yeah we know you love your children blah blah blah or some crap about how you are teaching them to stick up for themselve, had to throw that out their before they start posting on here, but there are millions of better ways to show a child how to stick up for themselves, what you did was just WRONG. I mean a mob come on could not just one of you handle the situation? SOrry everyone for rambling it just pisses me off the example some of our scott county parents are setting for the youth. I mean I am a parent and I would never dream of teaching my child these things. I think they ALL need to grow up themselves before they produce any more offspring. Just a thought.
Just Sayin

Gate City, VA

#3 Jan 7, 2011
Banjopiker wrote:
Wow hahaha I could act surprised but Im not. And whats bad is Summer just had a baby girl and Brittany is prego, so wait ago ladies you are setting a prime example for your children!! I guess its not completely their fault though, they are only going by the example given to them as children. And yeah we know you love your children blah blah blah or some crap about how you are teaching them to stick up for themselve, had to throw that out their before they start posting on here, but there are millions of better ways to show a child how to stick up for themselves, what you did was just WRONG. I mean a mob come on could not just one of you handle the situation? SOrry everyone for rambling it just pisses me off the example some of our scott county parents are setting for the youth. I mean I am a parent and I would never dream of teaching my child these things. I think they ALL need to grow up themselves before they produce any more offspring. Just a thought.
Well I think there is a little more to this story than is being told and from what I have heard there was only one person that was fighting Wes and that was James there were charges brought on only James for assualt and battery over this same incident and those charges were dismissed! So I think everyone needs to learn the whole story! As for Brittany I know her and she is one of the most wonderfulest people I have ever met and she would do anything for anyone. I think she will make a wonderful mother and if you want your child to grow up scared to death of everything that moves then so be it. Everyone like to raise thier childern diffrent me I want mine to stand up for themselves! If that makes me a bad person then oh well! Seriously though there is more to this than is being told. I would love to be there on court day!
My Opinion

Gate City, VA

#4 Jan 8, 2011
Grow up and get a life, obviously you do not know this family at all. Brittany is the sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet and would do anything for anyone! She will be a wonderful mother to her child and she will also probably teach her child to stand up for himself/herself..just like she was taught as a child. It's not WRONG to teach your child how to stand up for themselves. People raise their children differently and you have no right to tell them it's wrong! Why talk crap about someone who has never done anything to you, espcially someone like Brittany? It shows how pathetic you really are.
Hellokitty

Gate City, VA

#5 Jan 8, 2011
I don't doubt that there is more to the story however just because I dont raise my child to "fight" over every incident that occurs instead of talking it out if possibl first ((without cussing or yelling the entire time) does not mean that she will grow up to be scared of everything that moves. But she will not be one to think that only harsh words and fighting will solve everything. But to each their own. As to me and my child we will do it in a more mature manner and try to take the high road before pursuing a more harsh aproach to the situation.
Hellokitty

Gate City, VA

#6 Jan 8, 2011
Also to "just sayin" you state that James had charges dropped but in the paper it has his name down with the others .........

((and James Junior Minnix, of Nickelsville, were all indicted on a charge of assault by mob, a Class 3 felony.))

just wondering if you meant someone else or just got the names mixed up?
Hellokitty

Gate City, VA

#7 Jan 8, 2011
My Opinion wrote:
Grow up and get a life, obviously you do not know this family at all. Brittany is the sweetest and kindest person you will ever meet and would do anything for anyone! She will be a wonderful mother to her child and she will also probably teach her child to stand up for himself/herself..just like she was taught as a child. It's not WRONG to teach your child how to stand up for themselves. People raise their children differently and you have no right to tell them it's wrong! Why talk crap about someone who has never done anything to you, espcially someone like Brittany? It shows how pathetic you really are.
Never said she was a bad person however parents should never teach their children to fight, thats whats wrong with the world now. Too many kids been taught its ok to hit this kid or that kid if they have a problem with them...thus then leads on to more serious issues like knives being brought to school, kids bringing guns in and killing their teachers, or so on and so on. Its not about her in particular its the fact that YES I do know her and yeah she can be a big bully seen her use her fists before ever trying to resolve anything with words or talking ((which is what mature adults do)) Just pointing out there are other options besides putting a fist to someones face.
Just Sayin

Gate City, VA

#8 Jan 8, 2011
No I dont have names mixed up, on this same occasion charges were brought aganist James Minnix for assualt and battering Wesley Miller and those were dropped aganist him in court in December along with more charges aganist others for this same incident. It was in the paper. This is a indictment so it was brought on by whoever in the sheriffs department, but after the incident occured the Millers themselves only took charges for assualt on James minnix for hitting Wes. Thats what I am tlaking about funny how it went from just him to a whole mob! I am not taking sides here but go back and look in the Newspaper for things on this same incident. For your information I dont teach my child to just lash out on someone, I have children. Two in college and one getting ready to graduate and nither of my children have ever been in trouble at school or otherwise.They have definately never taken any wepons to school, come on I dont know of any child doing that as TS. I was only saying that people raise thier children diffrently. As far as Brittany I have never seen her do anything wrong I dont see her hittting someone without being provoked. I also think she will be a better mother than half the people in Dungannon or Nickelsville for that matter. Raise your child the way you want and others will raise thiers the way they want, and learn the whole story before bashing people.... just sayin
gangle

Gate City, VA

#9 Jan 8, 2011
I believe it!! I think the entire bunch was in on it. And I kinda agree with hello kitty on this. P.S to the person just saying umm where you state that a TS child has never brought a weapon to school um yes they have. On more than one occasion has children at that school been suspended for having weapons at school I know cause I go there:) I think I even remember some boy back when I was at Dungannon ELementary bringing a weapon inhis backpack and telling a little girl he was gonna kill her. Just cause the news doesnt pick up on every little thing that happens at my school doesnt mean its not going on.Now with that said I also am one of the people who think you need to stick up for yourself!!
Anonymous

Gate City, VA

#10 Jan 8, 2011
People people calm down!
NoneOfYourBusine ss

Gate City, VA

#11 Jan 8, 2011
Okayy, never has this family told their child it was okay to fight? They told them to stand up for themselves. And btw, I know this family very well..more than you do and they would NEVER gang up on somebody. So get your facts staight before you go running your mouth.
HELLO KITTY

Gate City, VA

#12 Jan 8, 2011
wha wha wha...cry me another river. I swear no one can take constructive critism in your family period! Anywho you aren't worth my typing space so nevermind.
nickelsvillehead thumper

Sevierville, TN

#13 Jan 10, 2011
ima give my 2 cent i was the meanest in tshs an never thought once to take a weapon 2 school an i was tought to stand up for myself might have eaven acted out but by all means its not wrong for ones kid to stand up for them selfs if they took a beating every day cause they was a little pu@#% that would be u saints faults for teaching your kids it is ok to sit back an take it but that aint eaven what the forum is about so back to the forum if they would have all jumped the [email protected] stick then he woulda been in worse shape its all a big blowed up topic what ever happend to taking a good ole ass whoopin an gettin over it they was 2 pregnant women an u think that a carring woman like brittney would risk the loss of her baby that she is so excited about if you dont like the family then i guess you dont have to but why slander someones name when you dont eaven know the facts hello kitty sounds like a real saint that shits an dont have to spray air freshener .........fongamongilonyong.... ......
blah

Gate City, VA

#14 Jan 10, 2011
Great vocabulary usage by all of you. Just shows what kind of rednecks we have living in our areas.
ScrewMeSlightly

Nickelsville, VA

#15 Jan 10, 2011
Lock them all up. They're all backwards thugs living at the bottom fringes of society that contribute absolutely nothing to anything.
Skeeter

Elizabethton, TN

#16 Jan 10, 2011
blah wrote:
Great vocabulary usage by all of you. Just shows what kind of rednecks we have living in our areas.
U dam sun of a bitch, where u live? ill come kill u
TouchMeTimmy

Nickelsville, VA

#17 Jan 10, 2011
U dam hore. Im bust my banger ovur ur hed.
Skeeter

Elizabethton, TN

#18 Jan 10, 2011
TouchMeTimmy wrote:
U dam hore. Im bust my banger ovur ur hed.
ur banger? what the hell is that?
TouchMeTimmy

Nickelsville, VA

#19 Jan 10, 2011
its lik a geetar but litler u dum sheet
Skeeter

Elizabethton, TN

#20 Jan 10, 2011
TouchMeTimmy wrote:
its lik a geetar but litler u dum sheet
a geetar is fer a playin not a bangin! if u want somethin fer a bangin u might wanna hed on up to the dolar gineral! unteel then i am a done with this boolsheet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dungannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whos the little short peace of a$$ that works a... 27 min Denny 2
area 51 army truck (Jun '15) 4 hr Dewayne mcloud 4
Sara mullins 7 hr D-Dog 24
Brittany Belcher (Apr '16) 7 hr timeclock 7
Is High Knob dangerous? (Dec '10) 7 hr blackhorse 74
I'm tring to locate Randall Payne (Mar '12) 8 hr Crazy mountain man 25
How is Colgard still in business??? 10 hr Happy 8

Dungannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance