living in dunedin
wanting to know

Corbin, KY

#1 Apr 17, 2009
My family is thinking of moving to Fl. My husband worked in the Tampa area awhile back. He liked the area. He found Dunedin on the net. We have been checking it out, but haven't had a chance to visit. I was wanting to know if it is a good place to live, and raise your kids? Are the schools good in Dunedin?
JBH

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 17, 2009
Dunedin is a great place to live. I lived in and around Dunedin for 6 years. You can be on the water(marina or beach)within minutes. The schools are good (my sister graduated from Dunedin High). The downtown area has a lot of street festivals throughout the year. The Pinellas Trail runs right through the middle of town which is great.
Uncle Fike

Hudson, FL

#3 Apr 28, 2009
Reconsider your move to Dunedin..............White Trash abounds......The Boom-Boom-Boom from A-hole adolescents in their cars is horrendous and the police do not enforce the Florida Statute banning it.
JBH

Columbus, OH

#4 May 5, 2009
Uncle Fike wrote:
Reconsider your move to Dunedin..........White Trash abounds......The Boom-Boom-Boom from A-hole adolescents in their cars is horrendous and the police do not enforce the Florida Statute banning it.
You would have to live on the moon to never hear someone blasting their music while they drive, regardless of where you live. That is not a Dunedin problem, it's adolescent problem.
JK from Dunedin

Clearwater, FL

#5 May 12, 2009
I love Dunedin. A quaint downtown with a strong community atmosphere. Schools are good. Dunedin high has it's issues but the staff is awesome if you work with them. Dunedin boasts the #1 beach in the country right now, Caledisi Island you can check this out at Dr. Beach's web site. You have a lot of big trees in Dunedin and a lot of old homes. New homes here can start at $300k although right now our home values have gone down. Get a job before you come as there is not much here and the commute to Tampa is 45 minutes over a bridge.
JK from Dunedin

Clearwater, FL

#6 May 12, 2009
Response to Uncle Fike...we have our share of white trash but we also have mansions on the water. New Port Richey has their share of white trash too so don't throw stones from a glass house.
Spiralsands

Cicero, NY

#7 May 13, 2009
you are a fruad.
Spiralsands

Cicero, NY

#8 May 13, 2009
fraud, just seeing if you were on your toes, spelling genius.
Nameless

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 4, 2009
Just beware of the Pinellas county police department. I was arrested nearly two years ago when someone falsely accused me of assault. Even though I had a witness that I never touched this person or even raised a hand, it was my word against theirs and I was arrested anyway. This person was pissed off and this was his way of "getting his way"

As I was being led to the squad car, I looked over at this lying POS and said, "thanks a lot <name>" - at that very moment, one of the officers twisted my left arm in a quick violent fashion saying, "dont talk to him" - I suddenly had a sharp pain in both my arm and shoulder.

On the way to the police station as I was pleading my case, the officer told me, "shut the hell up. You make me sick" I guess because the so-called poor "victim" was elderly and had some physical problems. This cop had already prosecuted me, convicted me and was ready to execute me himself.

I never once put up a struggle or raised my voice or showed any disrepect. When asked to turn around and put my hands around my back, I did so. I spoke in a civilized manner. The cop even radioed in that he was bringing in "one cooperative male"

Since then that incident has left me partially disabled in my arm. It has screwed up a tendon and nerves. I have pain, numbness and very little strength in it. Before that I was active, played sports, worked out, etc. Now I have lost jobs because I struggle to do the work. I try my best with 1 1/3 arms. I feel my bad arm is only 30% what it use to be.

And to top this all off, the DA dropped all charges and the arrest was expunged and now im left partially maimed for something I didnt do. Amazing huh?
XIS

Okatie, SC

#10 Aug 16, 2009
sorry all that happened...your best bet would e to contact a lawyer immediately and sue the county! when they get scared, they'll settle out of court. Just an idea to make lemonade...
onlytheshadowkno ws

Okatie, SC

#11 Nov 22, 2009
i agree...get a lawyer and settle out of court...make sure you have ALL of your records....
jim

Macon, GA

#12 Feb 13, 2011
what about the city of dunedin trying and have took ppl homes away from them ppl don;t stand for it stand up for your rts .
Ray

Finland

#13 Feb 14, 2011
I used to go have breakfast in that bowling alley cafe there in Dunedin, i worked for a guy near by,
it's great there, i actually lived in Clearwater and liked it! Florida is a great state to live and not too hot n' muggy, i wish i was there right now!
I did my very 1st. trip to abroad from Europe to
Lake Worth,FL in -82!
wayne

Pinellas Park, FL

#14 Feb 24, 2011
wanting to know wrote:
My family is thinking of moving to Fl. My husband worked in the Tampa area awhile back. He liked the area. He found Dunedin on the net. We have been checking it out, but haven't had a chance to visit. I was wanting to know if it is a good place to live, and raise your kids? Are the schools good in Dunedin?
you will love Dunedin

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunedin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does anyone know sex offender Gene Scott Fletcher? (Jun '16) Jan 14 Always aware 4
Wolf Jan 13 Gatekeeper 1
Indrid Cold Jan 13 Indrid 1
News Someone's spying on Florida legislators. Tallah... Jan 6 SMH 4
Has anyone lived at Savannah Cove apartments, T... (Aug '07) Jan 4 Elder abuse 40
News Madeira hears benefits of backyard chickens Nov '17 Christie Taylor 3
News Clearwater Beach Honored Again as a Top Beach (Mar '13) Nov '17 Christie Taylor 53

Dunedin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunedin Mortgages