Memorial Causeway closed in both dire...

Memorial Causeway closed in both directions

There are 75 comments on the WTSP Tampa Bay story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Memorial Causeway closed in both directions. In it, WTSP Tampa Bay reports that:

The Clearwater Police Department is working an accident on the Memorial Causeway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP Tampa Bay.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kristen friend from dance

Clearwater, FL

#88 Mar 17, 2008
I knew Vinnie, because he taught breakdancing at my daughters school.He loved kids, and the kids loved him. The kids are taking this hard, and I will miss him very much..he told me he was having family troubles and was seperated from his wife, and he missed his kids very very much. His 2 little girls would be at the dance studio with him, and the love I saw for their daddy was special. He loved his children!!WE CANNOT PASS JUDGEMENT ON HIM, BECAUSE OF HOW HE DIED! HE IS GONE, AND 2 LITTLE GIRLS DONT HAVE A DADDY TO WATCH THEM GROW UP.SO STOP SAYING SUCH MEAN THINGS ABOUT VINNIE..NO IS NOT THE TIME.LET HIM REST IN PEACE.

Seffner, FL

#89 Mar 17, 2008
Vinny... you will be truly missed. A great father, great friend, and always had a smile to make the best of the situation. Your break dancing students are at a tremendous loss and hopefully they will find comfort knowing that you are in a better place. My prayers are with your family and friends at this tragic time. May GOD watch over your children and keep them safe. RIP

Kelly A
Travelers from MI

United States

#90 Mar 17, 2008
We were also witness to this horrific tragedy. Our hearts and prayers go out to this man's family and friends. I can't get the image of him out of my mind but I pray his soul is at peace.

Kissimmee, FL

#91 Mar 18, 2008
Odd Man Out wrote:
<quoted text>
the rate of speed would directly attribute to his injuries. If he had been traveling the speed limit his injuries would not have been so sever.
to equate speeding on regular streets to driving a race car that is specially designed to withstand impacts much greater than the vehicles on the road today shows just how intelligent you are. From your comment I would expect to see your name in the news as either the result or cause of a speeding related accident.
Obviously you have no clue what AMA or Moto GP are since I specifically mentioned those two organizations as well as NASCAR. I apologize for using "and all the other racing organizations," I should have listed every single one.

“Live in New Port Richey”

Since: Oct 07

New Port Richey

#92 Mar 18, 2008
pyro wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you have no clue what AMA or Moto GP are since I specifically mentioned those two organizations as well as NASCAR. I apologize for using "and all the other racing organizations," I should have listed every single one.
it is not actually the speeding that causes the crash but the speeding causes the death. have any accident at 30 and 60 and 100mph. each increase in speed decreases your chances of survival.
when driving a motorcycle your chances are even less due to the fact that you have nothing to contain you within the vehicle and priotect you from outside sources.

as mentioned in the article and posts from witnesses, he was ejected from the bike, at 30mph he would more likely not to sustained life threatening injuries. at 40mph his chances are increased dramatically that he will end up in the hospital.

Speed directly affects the ability to control any vehicle. loose a tire at 30 and you are going to be fine, loose a tire at 60 and you have a fight on your hands to keep out of other peoples way.

speed coupled with any accident is going to translate to the higher the speed, the greater the chance for injury or death.

YOU CAN NOT compair any vehicle built with the express purpose of racing to the vehicles on the streets today. the vehicles built to race have saftey designes that the family car does not.

also, in raceing each person has the same goal of going straight forward and be the first to cross the finish line. on the roads there are many people without any consideration for others around them.

so in the end, reports from NASCAR have no impact on the reality of what happens on the roads. that is similar to using reports about bus saftey when talking about train accidents.

“"Lee's Diamond in the Rough"”

Since: Apr 07

Long Island, New York

#93 Mar 18, 2008
Rico2072 wrote:
<quoted text>
Be accurate? Why? I was asking you some questions to know how you felt about this, since all you seem to talk about is speed, not the loss of a life. Very nice on your part.
No I don't think he deserved to die. Yes, I wish the so called step up on speeders would of caught and ticketed him ... he would more than likely still be alive today if they had ... guess the law enforcement just wanted us to think they would be out there ... I never saw cop one all weekend on either I-4, I-75, or I-275. As far as me talking about the speed factor that should of been a clue that how I felt was this man set a chain of events into motion by speeding that ultimately caused his death.
kelley m

Tampa, FL

#97 Mar 19, 2008
vinny vinny i cant believe this you'll be missed babe!!!!!!!!!!
roy g

Orlando, FL

#98 Mar 21, 2008
little vin iwas there when you were born, please rest in peace i love you and your whole family ,
Mother-in-law of Vinny

Altamont, TN

#100 Mar 26, 2008
Many comments are not suitable for a loss of a famiy member. Life takes it's course and we cannot control it. My brothers life was lost in 2005 at the young age of 40 at the dunedin causeway, and no matter how much you try to figure out what happened and why, the trauma is hard on all of us. Vinny has 3 beautiful children and we will always love him for bringing them into our lives. So, whether it be on a motorcycle, a car, cancer, or old age, friends and family will always hold them deeply in their hearts.
Joe Zarrella

Winter Haven, FL

#101 May 4, 2008
Hello, I am the youngest brother of Vincent, and actually very hurt not only because my buddy, my mentor, and my riding buddy was taken away from me, but how sick & heartless some of u people can be. May God forgive you all with no souls, and by the way. He was not decapitated assholes!!!!
Gina Ciabattoni

Orlando, FL

#102 May 20, 2008
Some of you people are just sick.. Im the youngest sister. of vinny's Vinny was a good man. He loved ridding his bike. he loved his children very much. and for some of you assholes on here who are FIGHTING about my brothers death get the hell outta here. you guys dont know anything about my brother.. you may "say you know him" but no body knows my brother like HIS OWN FAMILY dont know how it feels untill you have lost somebody who you love and who was close to you. a mom, a dad, a brother, a sister, anyone. and you come on here and say it was his fault? You people think this is a joke? you think this is funny? its NOT.

vinny i miss you. i think about you everyday big bro. RIP.
Sarah Ciabattoni

Tampa, FL

#103 Jun 25, 2009
BRIAN wrote:
I am soooo sorry you had to see this. I am his wife and Im still till this day in disbelief that he is gone. I wasnt even in fl when it happend i was in NC. he always wore his helmet and jacket..however he met new people at quaker steak n lube that wed night and they went riding sat..A girl that was with another rider did not have a helmet or jacket so he gave her his....he always swore he would wear them..I guess he wanted her to be safe and not him... All i can say is i was devasted and even more-so when i had to tell his daughters the next morning that daddy was in a accident and God took him from us. I hope I never have to see that look on their faces ever again. now that I am back living here again, the memories are just played over and over..I wish this never happened but he was a good guy who was a great friend to everyone..which is why he wasnt wearing anything to protect him. Its hard to deal with knowing that he will never be there for their first dates, graduating school, getting married or having children...makes me very sad. like i said im sorry u ever had to see something so horrific. RIP

Haines City, FL

#104 Nov 4, 2009
orlando biker wrote:
<quoted text>no im not the girl on the bridge but im a friend
Thank you for your support. Its been almost 2 years and it still doesnt get any easier. Time goes on but the kids father will never come back. and to clarify to everyone, he was NOT decapitated...His head just got smushed into his body. He gave up his jacket and helmet to another riders girlfriend that didnt have any protection. Probably wouldnt have mattered too much anyways. God has his plans and taking him at such a young age with 3 kids was for some unknown reason that we will never know. Just keep his children in your prayers. His son barely knew him but his daughters have all the memories of him and they still talk about him almost everyday. Saddens me to know that their daddy wont be there for them growing up. Step parents are great but could never replace their real daddy. for those of you who have children that have lost the other parent know how it is. God bless you Vin and keep watching over our girls

Tarpon Springs, FL

#105 Nov 20, 2010
katie wrote:
And who said speed doesn't equal reckless on a prior post!!! Hopefully no one else was injured.
f*ck you, that was my brother!!

Hackensack, NJ

#106 Mar 1, 2011
Vinny was my cousin, and it's heart breaking to remember that such a precious life was cut so short. It's even harder to think that his children won't have their father growing up. No matter how fast he was going, or any circumstances three kids still lost their father, four people had to lose their brother, and his parents had to endure the nightmare of burying a child, so have some respect. I can't even imagine any of their pain. I never got the chance to know him like I wanted, being I live very far from him, but that was my cousin, and he always will be. He was a great father, very family oriented, and was an all around great guy. No, we weren't as close as I would have liked, but remember that everyone has a family. How would you feel if that was YOUR family people were saying some of those things about?! I can't believe it's been almost three years since this nightmare. Even hardly knowing him, it changed so much for me. For his parents, for his beautiful children, and his entire family. I can't even imagine what our family must be going through, being as close to him as they were.

Vin, there isn't a day you don't cross my mind. I'm sorry I never got to know you like I wanted to. I wish I could go back three years and stop this from happening, don't we all. You are and always will be my cousin, my oldest cousin. Miss and love you so much.<3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunedin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
when is the cara ryan murder trial Nov 19 Gary Beard 1
Prescriptions for pain medicine (May '14) Nov 18 justhelp 5
Sutherland Crossing (Apr '14) Nov 12 Robin 6
News Largo police charge Clearwater man with attempt... Nov 10 matinsfinancier 2
Elizabeth "Beth" Ann Nutter Nov 5 Farm Angel 3
Lori Watkins Shooting??? (Sep '14) Aug '15 Buddy 2
Review: Synergy Contracting Group Aug '15 Dta 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dunedin Mortgages