Elgin teen fatally hit by Metra train

Elgin teen fatally hit by Metra train

There are 77 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 11, 2007, titled Elgin teen fatally hit by Metra train. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An Elgin teen was struck and killed by a Metra train late Wednesday. The unidentified 15-year-old boy was struck by a Chicago-bound Milwaukee District West line train about 10:20 p.m., just south of the Kimball ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Talia a dear friend

United States

#66 Oct 10, 2008
a year today...i hate it
i miss him every day and cant help thinking about him
i hate to say it but...i believe that it was suicide with my every being....
he called me 10 mins before he did it and i cant help thinking i could have done something... he didnt even seem like he was going to do anything... i got pissed at him and wouldnt answer any more calls, so...i feel responsible no matter whether i am or not...
and really nothing anyone says can help or hurt me anymore ive somewhat forgiven myself and him for it....
there are more people hurting that his family, i guarentee you...
anonymous

Downers Grove, IL

#67 Oct 24, 2008
i knew him a long time ago. it still seems kind of strange that hes gone. i was friends with his older sister once and so i knew him. one summer we had band camp together. yeah he was a little annoying but who isnt really? he was a nice kid and people need to start looking at whats inside of a person, not on the outside. people nowadays they just judge so horribly. why? what makes you so different from everybody else? youre not! everyone goes through the same issues everyday and deals with them in their own way. i just wish that people would see that everyone has feelings and they get hurt in the same ways that your feelings get hurt. i just ask that everyone keep the ones you knew in your minds and pray for them. as i learned after another close person of mine committed suicide "live life to fullest. never waste a minute. you never know when its all going to end."
The Team Leader

Chicago, IL

#68 Oct 27, 2008
Tim was a good kid, A lot of people say he was an asshole, or a jerk, or misguided. whatever. This post is a little late but, it's been a year since that day. I stayed home that day because I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I felt sick. and when I got the phone call from my friend, I was speechless. Tim was more than a friend, He was like a brother..
He was one of my boys, Had I known him a little longer, I might've had his phone number. he might've had mine. We spoke in class, We talked after class, Hell I even walked home with him a few times! I trusted him, I respected him, and I daresay I loved that kid. He watched my back when the going got tough. Sure, He wasn't always Reliable, he wasn't always loyal, He was a free thinker.
I hope he found whatever god he prayed to, and if not, I hope his afterlife is to his liking.
Whats done is done, and all we can do now is cope, and Make sure it NEVER happens again. My friends now know they can always count on me for support.

It cost me a friend to realize just how valuable the ones I have today are...
I'm sorry Your gone kid. We still miss you, And Well never forget.
Rest in peace
rayray

Glenview, IL

#69 Oct 31, 2008
Dave wrote:
'
By chance, was there an iPod involved here?'
Very good question. Perhaps we should designate Ipod-free zones in the spirit of public safety?
thats a good one
Rebecca

United States

#70 Aug 20, 2009
I went to school with him. He wasn't very nice to me and my siblings, but I think it's sad. He didn't actually try to kill himself. It was a dare from his friends.
his sister

Park Ridge, IL

#71 Aug 22, 2010
ty all for your nice comments about my brother ik im alot late to comment on this but i couldn't deall with reading anything about his death until now and i still hurt everyday and i cried reading this and for all of you who had mean things to say yes he did it on purpose cuz he wanted to hurt our mother and he sent a text message about a train and we didn't sue anyboday because it was no one's fault but his if you want to say something back to me email me at [email protected]
Cecily

West Chicago, IL

#72 Sep 11, 2010
shut up people!!! thats my brothers friend your talking about and dont believe this because who ever wrote that blog up there^^^ didnt say what reallllllyyyyy happened! so if i were u just shut up!
Cecily

West Chicago, IL

#73 Sep 11, 2010
if you wanna email me then here [email protected]
Dimo

South Elgin, IL

#74 Nov 29, 2010
Still Remembered....
Joey b

Hammond, IN

#75 Mar 23, 2012
AND U R A B!TCH!!!
Hores p Mctities wrote:
HE was a jerk
chitownaztec

Carpentersville, IL

#76 Mar 24, 2012
all you spinless cruel people who can sit here & disrespect someone who just died no matter the circumstances, will most likely suffer a cruel and painful eternity.
Waleed

Hinsdale, IL

#77 Mar 28, 2012
WTF is spinless? U f*cktard!
Razi

Chicago, IL

#78 Apr 25, 2012
Hey, I knew Tim and i knew his sis.. If there anyone to say something bad about tim it would be me.. he would be an ass to me but i learn to forgive and to forgot but i know better NOT TO TALK SHIT ABOUT THE DEAD.. I know he was bullied and made fun of.. I went threw the something.. I think when Tim would be a ass to people i think he was reaching out for help.. And we didnt see that..And we would make fun him of and call him names .. which may of cause him his life.. My point is when someone he acting up ask him/her what up and have a talk with them be4 judging them.. Meg I feel for you.. RIP TIM..
Nobama

Hinsdale, IL

#79 Apr 26, 2012
I bet the kid won't do that again!
Sam

South Elgin, IL

#80 Feb 23, 2013
I went to middle school with this man. I can't say I really knew him, but I knew OF him. He got picked on every damn day. Lots of homophobic insults, especially. I can only imagine how much worse it got in high school.

This man is a god damn trooper. He put up with so much shit for so long, and I'm damn impressed that he had the strength to go as long as he did. Nothing but respect to this man, although I wish he had chosen another way. I know I'm years late, but all of my love and support to his family and friends.
MariaTheLoyalist

Elgin, IL

#81 Aug 25, 2014
If you don't know the TRUE story behind why the train stuck him, don't comment with your negative bullshit !! Maybe he was going through some things in life that seemed to be harder for him than most.. Maybe people picked on him and made him feel unwelcome or that he was a waste of space !!! Nobody knew his struggle and or what he went through everyday .... Let the boy rest in peace !! Even if it was suicide !!!
MariaTheLoyalist

Elgin, IL

#82 Aug 25, 2014
My condolences to the schue family, his parents and his sister Megan .... My family is yours ... (Literally)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexican Restaurant, El Fuego, Opens; Offers... (Mar '14) 7 hr Frank Longdong 4
News 5 charged in rape of teen (Oct '08) 7 hr Frank Longdong 59
Help with Tad Lincoln provenance! Jun 14 Finally 1
red light cameras (Feb '10) Jun 1 el TORO 25
News Man shot at Spring Hill Mall -- Kane County, Ko... (Mar '08) May '16 Cville Krazy 13k 112
News Police reports: Lake in the Hills, Cary, Lakemo... (Mar '08) May '16 Lakemoor sux 50
What do you think of Dundee-Crown? (Aug '07) May '16 You can transfer 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dundee Mortgages