Driver Flees Crash That Killed Woman,...

Driver Flees Crash That Killed Woman, 5-Year-Old Boy

There are 11 comments on the NBC 5 Chicago story from May 12, 2008, titled Driver Flees Crash That Killed Woman, 5-Year-Old Boy. In it, NBC 5 Chicago reports that:

A 5-year-old Elgin boy and a woman from Mexico died after the SUV they were in flipped on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway near northwest Dundee Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 5 Chicago.

HMD

Chicago, IL

#1 May 12, 2008
I wonder why they fled the scene? Most likely here illegally and no drivers license.
J-Bone

United States

#2 May 12, 2008
1. Probably fled because they are in the country illegally, without auto insurance, or a divers license.

2. "The Expedition overturned, ejecting several of the seven occupants" I'm fairly certain that this SUV did not have seats for seven people. Even if it did, those people would not have been ejected if they were wearing seatbelts. Especially the five year old. Odds are good that he was sitting on the woman's lap, not in a child safety seat where he should have been.

I don't want to shift all of the blame on these people, but they sealed their own fate by not being safe.
Think About it

Batavia, IL

#3 May 12, 2008
your comments are sad but probably true. I feel badly for those who lost thier lives, but if they were wearing theird seatblets then they MIGHT be alive now.
On the border

United States

#4 May 12, 2008
It's sad that all the attention is on these poor souls. What about the driver of the white van. Why did he/she run? Maybe driving drunk on a suspended licence? Maybe the white van was stolen, or had stolen items inside. Wasn't there anyone around that might have saw what happened?
Are you people serious

Lemont, IL

#5 May 12, 2008
Look honestly I don't know where you people get these ideas from or what not. But honestly we all know if they would have been wearing their seat belts they would have been alive...as for SUV's they do have SUV's with seats for 7... I have an SUV and it will seat 7 people. So how about we comment on the guy that hit the SUV...the van made him hit the SUV was he drunk maybe? maybe falling asleep? And in case you people don't know know or understand, if these people were illegal maybe the driver was the person bringing them from Mexico. Sadly but truly they dont care what happens because they are simply paid to bring them here. I came in here to read about this and find all these great comments. Its like the last person is repeating what the first person wrote...wow how original...Just goes to show what some people in oak brook, lombard, chicago and forest park do for the day. And my heart goes out to the family of that 5 year old and the women who passed away, and my prayers are going out for those who survived. As for the 2 of those who fled I'm sure the worst punishment for them will be on judgment day...
Justice for all

United States

#6 May 12, 2008
and we should grant you immigration rights for what???
Steve

United States

#7 May 12, 2008
This person who ran away is SCUM. Not too mention a COWARD.
No doubt he or she was either driving with a suspended or no license. Could have been drinking, who knows.

I'm also questioning if the mother and child were wearing their seatbelt or if the child was in a child seat? for them to be ejected from the vehicle leaves me to believe they were not. But the article does not say if they were or were not wearing their seatbelt.
LMSEAL02

Des Plaines, IL

#8 May 12, 2008
Yeah, these poor souls. Probably illegal. Broke the law just by coming into this country illegally. Should we be surprised that they were not wearing seat-belts and fled the scene of a fatal accident?

There's your sign!
STEVE

Anchorage, AK

#9 May 12, 2008
what ? no seatbelts !
On the border

Crest Hill, IL

#10 May 13, 2008
Are you people serious wrote:
Look honestly I don't know where you people get these ideas from or what not. But honestly we all know if they would have been wearing their seat belts they would have been alive...as for SUV's they do have SUV's with seats for 7... I have an SUV and it will seat 7 people. So how about we comment on the guy that hit the SUV...the van made him hit the SUV was he drunk maybe? maybe falling asleep? And in case you people don't know know or understand, if these people were illegal maybe the driver was the person bringing them from Mexico. Sadly but truly they dont care what happens because they are simply paid to bring them here. I came in here to read about this and find all these great comments. Its like the last person is repeating what the first person wrote...wow how original...Just goes to show what some people in oak brook, lombard, chicago and forest park do for the day. And my heart goes out to the family of that 5 year old and the women who passed away, and my prayers are going out for those who survived. As for the 2 of those who fled I'm sure the worst punishment for them will be on judgment day...
What are you picking on me for?
SO SO SAD

Elgin, IL

#11 May 17, 2008
i knew the a kid and he is the womans grandson and the little girl who was in the accident also was his sister the boy was his cousin the kid goes to my school that kid isnt very happy but he suffered two terrible losses so i can tell how he feels who ever just went crashed into them has got to pay BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New Mexican Restaurant, El Fuego, Opens; Offers... (Mar '14) 5 hr Frank Longdong 4
News 5 charged in rape of teen (Oct '08) 5 hr Frank Longdong 59
Help with Tad Lincoln provenance! Jun 14 Finally 1
red light cameras (Feb '10) Jun 1 el TORO 25
News Man shot at Spring Hill Mall -- Kane County, Ko... (Mar '08) May '16 Cville Krazy 13k 112
News Police reports: Lake in the Hills, Cary, Lakemo... (Mar '08) May '16 Lakemoor sux 50
What do you think of Dundee-Crown? (Aug '07) May '16 You can transfer 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dundee Mortgages