Man shot at Spring Hill Mall -- Kane ...

Man shot at Spring Hill Mall -- Kane County, Kohl's Corporation

There are 112 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 27, 2008, titled Man shot at Spring Hill Mall -- Kane County, Kohl's Corporation. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A 22-year-old man was shot in the Spring Hill Mall parking lot in West Dundee Thursday night, a fire official said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mike5

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2008
How is it possible in this day an age that noone in that mall even the people that work there know anything was happening?!!!!!!
Buddie

United States

#2 Mar 27, 2008
Wow, that's down the street from me. I'm scared.
albanypark

Lyons, IL

#4 Mar 27, 2008
Was this gang related?
A Shopper

Downers Grove, IL

#5 Mar 27, 2008
i was there with my family, and at first there were only a few police cars and a firetruck and then an ambulance came and took someone away. and a lot of police cars kept showing up. we had no idea what was going on and we were in the mall
Eric

Wheaton, IL

#6 Mar 27, 2008
I was one of the persons in custody. I understand the shooters are out there and they are dangerous but police didn't treat me and my brother as we were supposed to. We got stopped in the middle of the road and treated as criminals and not as suspects. Please who ever was driving the green van and recorded when we got arrested don't show it because we had nothing to do with it as police said, that is embarrasing not only for us but for police too. They weren't smart enough to realize that if a person shots somebody that person will leave the scene.Police lye to the news or to me and my brother because they told us we match the descriptions of the suspects and our vehicle did too. Now i see that the suspects left the scene walking. I felt herrased because of that incident. I should press chages against the police but i won't. I just don't want the community to think that is Hispanics or Latinos fault of the things that happen in the community. . Many people is acting and talking in a racist way, it has nothing to do that there is many Latinos, Hispanics in the community, anybody could have done it. As the Victim, i'm praying for him to get better.
vanilla ice

Lisle, IL

#7 Mar 27, 2008
Well if you did know what was going on, what could you do? Except hide and cower from the gunmen. Unless you were illegaly armed you wouldn't want to know what was going on. Nice being helpless, isn't it?
Darkwater

Glen Ellyn, IL

#9 Mar 28, 2008
Eric wrote:
I was one of the persons in custody. I understand the shooters are out there and they are dangerous but police didn't treat me and my brother as we were supposed to. We got stopped in the middle of the road and treated as criminals and not as suspects. Please who ever was driving the green van and recorded when we got arrested don't show it because we had nothing to do with it as police said, that is embarrasing not only for us but for police too. They weren't smart enough to realize that if a person shots somebody that person will leave the scene.Police lye to the news or to me and my brother because they told us we match the descriptions of the suspects and our vehicle did too. Now i see that the suspects left the scene walking. I felt herrased because of that incident. I should press chages against the police but i won't. I just don't want the community to think that is Hispanics or Latinos fault of the things that happen in the community.. Many people is acting and talking in a racist way, it has nothing to do that there is many Latinos, Hispanics in the community, anybody could have done it. As the Victim, i'm praying for him to get better.
Now a days, suspect or criminal all get the same treatment. Especially since there was a gun involved. And just maybe that someone mistakenly reported someone like you or your vehicle had committed the crime.

As for sueing, glad you decided to forget it. You would have lost, since false imprisonment is not the same as detention.
Observer

Westmont, IL

#10 Mar 28, 2008
And maybe that's why no one reports anything that they see. People flee from the scene not only for their own protection -- but if they stay around and are notice watching, they could be considered a suspect and apprehended. In this case, a person meeting the profile, who might have been willing to tell what was observed was instead arrested. Why would this person want to help at this point?
HGH

United States

#11 Mar 28, 2008
zzzzz...
JOHN

Chicago, IL

#12 Mar 28, 2008
Gang bangers have an field day in the suburbs. Robbery or dope deal attempt gone wrong. Do not buy dope!
dundee

AOL

#13 Mar 28, 2008
here we go again aonther shooting coming out of
c ville last year had a park shooting and a drive by on berkshire and in that [email protected] hole foxview , a black guy shoot's a couple of people there.
when are surrounding towns like eastdundee,westdundee,algongui n and sleepy hollow going to join forces and make c ville address its gang problem ! like for 1 get rid of low income housing and make back ground checks for all renters mandatory elgin does this very thing I sat in on a gang task force meeting and they have good ideas that are legal under HUD to stop gangs from living in the area get a clue c ville the shooters came from your town !
Love Chi

Wood Dale, IL

#14 Mar 28, 2008
awesome.. this is like down the street from my parents' subdivision.. AWESOME.
Hmmm

Cary, IL

#15 Mar 28, 2008
Eric wrote:
I was one of the persons in custody. I understand the shooters are out there and they are dangerous but police didn't treat me and my brother as we were supposed to. We got stopped in the middle of the road and treated as criminals and not as suspects. Please who ever was driving the green van and recorded when we got arrested don't show it because we had nothing to do with it as police said, that is embarrasing not only for us but for police too. They weren't smart enough to realize that if a person shots somebody that person will leave the scene.Police lye to the news or to me and my brother because they told us we match the descriptions of the suspects and our vehicle did too. Now i see that the suspects left the scene walking. I felt herrased because of that incident. I should press chages against the police but i won't. I just don't want the community to think that is Hispanics or Latinos fault of the things that happen in the community.. Many people is acting and talking in a racist way, it has nothing to do that there is many Latinos, Hispanics in the community, anybody could have done it. As the Victim, i'm praying for him to get better.
Judging from your comment, you have about an 8th grade education and a chip on your shoulder.
tom

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 28, 2008
Sure it was the "home Team" from the east side of Carpentersville. In case you city dwellers do not know that is where all the latino gangs are in that area.
White Guy

New York, NY

#18 Mar 28, 2008
Eric wrote:
I just don't want the community to think that is Hispanics or Latinos fault of the things that happen in the community.
No problem, we are blaming Barack Hussein Obama.
Frank Keithlin

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Mar 28, 2008
He must have been in the wrong gang. When are these people going to learn where their turf begins and ends?
CaptainObvious

Niles, MI

#20 Mar 28, 2008
"Los Carpentersville" strikes again... a complete disgrace is what it's become. And let's be clear, there are plenty of law-abiding, hard-working Hispanics living there, too... but overshadowed by far too many punks, freeloaders and gang-bangers. Clean it up, Mr. Sarto. Learn to act instead of pander.
WOW

United States

#21 Mar 28, 2008
I used to work right next to spring hall mall and believe me- that area has alot of people that come to shop from chicago. Yeah- there is a share that comes from the burbs and even cville but most of the people who tried to pull scams were from chicago.
This is the mall where that guy tried to kidnap the little preschool boy on a field trip. I think the guy was from chicago.
wtf

San Jose, CA

#22 Mar 28, 2008
Eric

If you only have an 8th grade education as alleged by "Hmmmm", you would get an A+ in composition. I doubt if "Hmmmm" is qualified to judge.

As a 60+ year WASP I would be p****ssssssed if Police grabbed me because some 60+ Santa in the mall flashed some kids. As you point out there was virtually no connect to you and the shooters except for race.

But coming from Carpentersville, "Hmmm" probably got that name for his best "job".
Michael

Palos Heights, IL

#23 Mar 28, 2008
Carpentersville in the news again. Its a spanish cesspool santuary city.I hope the community leaders are happy with their decision making.I wouldn't go near that mall, which use to be a very nice place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Innis Jul 11 Kmart reunion 1
News Former Algonquin police officer turns himself in (Jan '10) Jul 7 Fairplay 6
red light cameras (Feb '10) Jul 3 Robbed in FRG 28
South Elgin is Kane County's Most Corrupt Polic... (Mar '12) Jun 27 StRe 53
Help me find her! Jun '17 Looking 1
News Man charged in Lake in the Hills home invasion,... May '17 MEE 1
News Santa's Village Closing For Good (Aug '06) Dec '16 Tylerman747 198

Dundee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dundee Mortgages