Dundalk woman, 19, killed in crash on...

Dundalk woman, 19, killed in crash on Route 50 -

There are 77 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 4, 2007, titled Dundalk woman, 19, killed in crash on Route 50 -. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

An accident that involved five vehicles and shut down U.S. 50 last night at the end of the Labor Day weekend killed a 19-year-old Dundalk woman, Maryland State Police said this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thomas

Dundalk, MD

#1 Sep 4, 2007
She was probably texting.
Christina

Washington, DC

#2 Sep 4, 2007
That's an awful thing to say...just because she is in that age group doesn't mean that's what happened. I would hope we could keep from passing judgment, at least until the authorities finish their investigation.
DAAAAAAAAAA

Mansfield, OH

#3 Sep 4, 2007
She was probably DRUNK
Jay

Moorestown, NJ

#4 Sep 4, 2007
sad, i was 10 cars back.

Since: Aug 07

B'More, MD and Lake County, FL

#5 Sep 4, 2007
It is quite astounding how many young lives are lost each year on the way to or from Ocean City and the other ocean resorts. On a drive down Route 404 a few months ago I counted 35+ roadside crosses for people that had died in accidents along that road. I have also been astounded on recent trips to Ocean City at the lack of enforcement along Route 50. The police presence along that road has dropped off precipitously lately. It seems that since the state police were told they can no longer do their "step out" traffic stops, they have basically abandoned enforcement along that corridor.
Names not needed

United States

#6 Sep 4, 2007
I do not think the names of the drivers that the car hit should be published. It is not needed. They feel bad enough don't make it worse.
dundalk

Baltimore, MD

#7 Sep 4, 2007
she was not driving her boyfriend was i knew her she was on her way back to college she will be miss dearly stop writing bad things and pray for her mother ,sister ,and little brothers that looked up to her .
reason

Baltimore, MD

#8 Sep 4, 2007
She was a passenger you insensitive clods. Bad kharma coming your way.
Anon

Washington, DC

#9 Sep 4, 2007
No she was probably texting AND drunk.
Kim

United States

#10 Sep 4, 2007
Instead of speculating how about giving condolences to her family and friends first. This young lady went to the University of Maryland Eastern Shore with my son and that is where they were headed. I want to be the 1st to say my prayers go out to her family and friends during this difficult time.
prayerful

United States

#12 Sep 4, 2007
To all the insensitive immature idiots who post anything other than prayers for those families u obviously don't have a child or children that obviously explains ur stupidity they were returning to college.when you raise your children you emphasize to them to be careful maybe when ur parents were telling u all this and if a tragedy happens in your family down the road just remember this day these comments you've made cause they come back to bite u in the you know what
Learn how to read

Pasadena, MD

#14 Sep 4, 2007
Learn how to read before you post. It clearly states that she was a PASSENGER, not the driver! Clods!
sqbabe

Baltimore, MD

#15 Sep 4, 2007
I was not going to post a comment at first, however to see ignorance written is a sad shame.
This young lady regardless of texting or DRUNK (even though she was not driving) did not deserve to die. This is our youth people.

My prayers go out to the young lady family. Her parents were doing a good job she was in college. I am sure there were many other harmful things she could have been engaged in instead of school so I want to commend the parents for your hard work.

My prayers to the passengers in the vehicle with the victim and all the other cars that was involved.

For those who want to continue to post stupid remarks remember what goes around comes around. Be very mindful what comes out of your mouth cause in due time you will experience the same tragedy.
Tired

United States

#16 Sep 4, 2007
I was about 100 yards back of this whole fiasco... the car crossed the center line into oncoming traffic? It sounds like the driver fell asleep at the wheel because there is a nice sized ditch that seperates the eastbound and westbound lanes in that area. What a shame.
Brielle Newland

Baltimore, MD

#17 Sep 4, 2007
May god rest Brielle's soul just last year me and Brielle were sitting in Geometry class together copying of each others work it so devasting that she is gone so quick. I want to send my prays and thoughts to The NEWLANDS.I'm so sorry for your lost and may family, friends and god be with you at this hard time.
Noel
Brielle Newland

Baltimore, MD

#18 Sep 4, 2007
Brielle You will be missed dearly and may god rest your soul your mom, sister and brothers will miss you dearly . My prays and thoughts once again go out to her parents.

Noel
Afiba

Baltimore, MD

#19 Sep 4, 2007
I was 3 cars back and the accident was really devastating...My condolences go out to the victims and their family. To all those people who don't know what happen stop judging the victims and pray that it doesn't happen to you.
Ellie Davis

Middle River, MD

#20 Sep 4, 2007
I didnt know Brielle but she was a friend of my girlfriend and i just want to pay respects to the family and pray for them in such a hard time and tragedy. From what i heard she was a nice and real person and for all u stupid people posting those ignorant comments i hope u die slow cause u are ignorant and disrespectful and dont realize that a family is going thru a tough loss right now.
Dan in B-more hon

Plymouth, MN

#21 Sep 4, 2007
I hope that people that hope that other people die, die.

Opinions are like assh....
NC Driver - MD Native

Lake Mary, FL

#22 Sep 4, 2007
How about all of you start asking or demanding why the State DOT doesn't put safety barriers in the median to prevent crossovers like this.

Here in NC where I live, they WORK and have cut crossovers on our interstates to practically nothing since they were installed after a few years ago after much political and public outcry from such tragedies.

Demand your state's DOT spend your tax dollars to save lives.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dundalk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min President Trump 1,396,440
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min ThomasA 311,362
DA needs to resign 4 hr bozo 3
News Baltimore Man Charged With Attempted Murder in ... 5 hr bozo 1
Do BLM? 12 hr Off the Soap Box ... 9
Review: Around The States Moving & Storage (Apr '15) Thu RobertLHill 46
Freddy Gray's neck was a pre existing condition. Jun 27 KKK_KKK 2

Dundalk Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance