Perry County residents have mixed fee...

Perry County residents have mixed feelings about seeing 'the light'

There are 7 comments on the PennLive.com story from Dec 29, 2009, titled Perry County residents have mixed feelings about seeing 'the light'. In it, PennLive.com reports that:

Orange traffic cones mark the spots where utility poles will be build to support Perry County's first traffic signal at Routes 11/15 and 850 in Marysville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PennLive.com.

sis

Shippensburg, PA

#1 Dec 30, 2009
Watch for all the traffic back ups on Rte 11/15.
Ron

Landisburg, PA

#2 Jan 1, 2010
there should be some area along 11 & 15 that they can create a passing zone.

It is not good when there is some driver going under the mph driving zone and people are trying to get to work on time.
Farmer Boy

Carlisle, PA

#3 Jan 6, 2010
Glad I do not commute down 11/15 to get to work - another fine job of traffic studies - some work some don't.
Here we all are watching our fuel economy - wonder how much more it will cost those taking this route to work every day!
Let us also not forget that magic carbon foot print our famous sientists keep warning us about.
Not sure about you folks but our global warming appears to be in reverse these last few days!
RAM1973

Klingerstown, PA

#4 Jan 19, 2010
ABOUT TIME YOU GET TIRED OF TRING TO GET ON THE HIGH WAY DUE TO PEOPLE THAT CAN'T BE HELP FULL AND LET A FRIEND OUT ON THE BUSY AND O THE BUSES HAVE A REAL NICE TIME TRING TO GET ON 11-15 NO ONE WILL EVER GIVE A BREAK TO ANYONE NOW A DAYS REMEMBER WHEN WE ALL TOOK TIME TO BE FRIENDY TO OTHER DRIVERS AND WHAT YEILD WAS NOT PUSH YOUR WAY OUT YOU KNOW PEOPLE SHOULD THINK MAYBE THERE ARE KIDS IN THE CAR THEY JUST CUT OFF AND WHAT ABOUT THE FAMILIES IF YOU MAKE SOMEONE HAVE A ACCIDENT. NOW A DAYS NO ONE CARES FOR THE OTHER DRIVERS SO MAYBE A RED LIGHT WILL SLOW ALL YOU NUS TO SLOW DOWN. COME ON SLOW DOWN DON'T RIDE THE REAR DON'T CUT OFF DRIVERS DON'T FLASH FINGERS THE WORLD WOULD BE SO MUCH NICER TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT BEING LATE I WOULD SAY YOU ARE LEAVING TO LATE AND RUSHING TO WORK AND LAST PLEASE PUT CELL PHONE DOWN TALKING AND TEXTING ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT THAT YOU MAY KILL THE OTHER DRIVER AS THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN DRIVE AND DO THIS AT THE SAME TIME.....
D Mumma

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Jan 24, 2010
It's about time that they put a light at that location. When I lived in Marysville it was a cat and mouse game trying to get out onto Rts. 11/15. You people that are complaining about the light should just suck it up and deal with it. Until you have lived in that area you don't realize the hassel that people have trying just to get out onto Rts 11/15, you always have to worry about taking the risk of someone speeding up and you getting hit. I feel that with time, people will adjust to the light. People have adjusted to the light that they had put in down at the Summerdale stores which is also on Rts.11/15. So I don't know why some of you folks think that it is going to cause you such a big inconvenience. If you don't like it, find another way to travel.
no one

Carlisle, PA

#6 Mar 23, 2010
you should just move cloeser to work leave the light OUT
dolphinlover

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Mar 29, 2010
I have lived in Marysville about 6 years now. And I think it is an improvement. The traffic is horrible in the mornings. I am not a commuter at this time but just leaving town and making that left hand turn against traffic is a task in itself. Now with the light i have not had much trouble at all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncannon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
top ten reasons america is better than canada (Apr '08) Mar '17 Serg McBowner 5
News Should cats be allowed oudoors? (Mar '09) Dec '16 flbadcatowner 946
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov '16 Craig 3
News Police blotter (Jan '09) Aug '16 mister d 2
News Newport hammers East Juniata 41-10, moves to 3-1 (Oct '15) Oct '15 nennink 1
Moving from West Coast to East Coast (Apr '08) Jul '15 Nocker 3
Senator Rob Teplitz needs your help! (Jul '15) Jul '15 ThePongster 1

Duncannon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Duncannon Mortgages