Myrtle Beach celebrates pride

Myrtle Beach celebrates pride

There are 394 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jul 12, 2008, titled Myrtle Beach celebrates pride. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A rainbow flag floated above the road entrance to the Myrtle Beach train depot Saturday for Myrtle Beach Pride.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Mr Dixon

AOL

#489 Jul 14, 2008
Alexa Loves wrote:
Regarding the term "HOMOPHOBE" ...Just because you don't agree with something, it doesn't make you FEAR it. I am NOT "SCARED" of a gay person. Just looking at the pictures from your little gathering confirms that you are not normal. Normal people do NOT dress or ACT like that. Sorry, Charlie. You will never convince me, otherwise.
Get over yourselves already! Nobody cares!
And you think the bikers that arrive in their orange and black halloween COSTUMES are "normal?"

Please, the gay population is generally much more educated and a lot quieter, more orderly and less trouble than the biker thugs. We'd be lucky to have them and I'm heterosexual. Just because someone is "different" doesn't make it good or bad. Each person should be judged on their behavior, from what I saw I'd welcome them back to our city any time.

“Everyone Has a Voice!!!”

Since: Jul 08

Little River, SC

#492 Jul 14, 2008
Mr Dixon wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think the bikers that arrive in their orange and black halloween COSTUMES are "normal?"
Please, the gay population is generally much more educated and a lot quieter, more orderly and less trouble than the biker thugs. We'd be lucky to have them and I'm heterosexual. Just because someone is "different" doesn't make it good or bad. Each person should be judged on their behavior, from what I saw I'd welcome them back to our city any time.
Hmmm Orange must mean the tee's worn, does HD Spokes ring a bell LOL that's their Tee shirt color and the black I assume is the leather they wear so if they are in an accident it saves them from scrapes and cuts. Well if you think that NONE of those bikers (a lot of whom drive down here with bikes in tow and many are business owners and have money)could be homosexual...then you need to rethink things. You seem very narrow minded. Is it because you can't afford a bike or don't know how to ride?

Little River, SC

#493 Jul 14, 2008
Ohhh and just an FYI, one of the "Biker Thugs" as you so said it Me Dixon is a customer of mine and is Vice President of the plastic division of GE, wears a 3pc suit to work and earns a 7 didit income. I'm sure he would love being called a "THUG"
Spungmike

Roxboro, NC

#495 Jul 14, 2008
The Right To Arm Bears wrote:
<quoted text>And how do you know of this place? I've lived here for 4 years and have never heard of it. Are you going to break some heads or maybe get some head? It's always the closeted ones..........
That is just wishful thinking on your part.. I have lived in Surfside are for over forty years and know this beach inside and out.. Why is it you gay people think everyone is gay??? I am not and never even seen a man I thought was attractive??? that is just gross to me

Little River, SC

#497 Jul 14, 2008
Spungmike wrote:
So just one question to the gay men. does size matter??
OMG LOL TFF
educated - my arse

Summerville, SC

#498 Jul 14, 2008
I was just wondering how you and some others on here are able to say/prove that gays are "more educated" More educated than who? What exactly are you implying? And just because someone is more educated than someone else... does that make them a better person? have a better character? make better choices? I know lots of "educated" people who are slimbags, backstabbers, liars, etc. So being "educated" in my book doesn't impress me, to say the least.

Since: Dec 06

Salt Lake City, UT

#500 Jul 14, 2008
Without a doubt, one of the things ailing this nation is the complete lack of respect for education. Our culture glorifies stupidity and ridicules intelligence and education.
educated - my arse wrote:
I was just wondering how you and some others on here are able to say/prove that gays are "more educated" More educated than who? What exactly are you implying? And just because someone is more educated than someone else... does that make them a better person? have a better character? make better choices? I know lots of "educated" people who are slimbags, backstabbers, liars, etc. So being "educated" in my book doesn't impress me, to say the least.

“I am happy”

St. Petersburg, FL

#501 Jul 15, 2008
Spungmike wrote:
So just one question to the gay men. does size matter??
Why the hell does it matter to you? If you are (a) not gay and (b) not into cock, then why would you care what gay men think in terms of the correct penis size? Seems to me you are trying really HARD to focus on what gay men think, when you can not apparently think for yourself on this issue or any issue.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#502 Jul 15, 2008
I didn't go to this event, so I can't tell you about what it was like, but I have been to two other Pride events (not parades).

There are so many people on this thread screaming about all the "immorality", but there was none.

People of every age, style, and personality walked in sun, ate pretty good food, bought sun-catchers and tupperware and t-shirts, and sat on the grass drinking soda and iced tea.

Kids ran around their parents, a few transgendered folks mingled-glad that they could be free to be themselves and not fearful.

I did see two drag queens on stage entertaining, along with comics, dancers, drummers, and the men's chorus. The drag queens were no more inappropriate or disturbing than the millions of straight men who feel the need to dress as women on halloween.

And their fashion sense was much better.

I would not take my children to a wild pride parade, any more than I would have exposed them to mardi-gras or a collegs spring break.

But a pride festival is usually fairly family oriented--a place for ALL GLBTQ people to gather in the sun and relax without fear of judgement or attack.

The only immorality I have seen at these events are the pitifully few so called "christians" who plague the entrances, screaming at small children that their parents are deamned in God's eyes.

Now THAT'S immorality at it's height.

And I've seen the often straight "silent witnesses" that stand quietly and politely with their large rainbow umbrellas between the good folks, and the angry ranting fools with their signs.

So perhaps there is hope for humanity yet.
jrb

Myrtle Beach, SC

#504 Jul 15, 2008
DalyLogistics wrote:
Ohhh and just an FYI, one of the "Biker Thugs" as you so said it Me Dixon is a customer of mine and is Vice President of the plastic division of GE, wears a 3pc suit to work and earns a 7 didit income. I'm sure he would love being called a "THUG"
whats his sex life like?
or should it matter?
Oh myyyyyy

Summerville, SC

#505 Jul 15, 2008
Education does not necessarily make one intelligent.

To the poster, Quest: I think your story is a little far-fetched, don't you think?
bbb

Columbia, SC

#507 Jul 16, 2008
tygers1231 wrote:
If the bikers must go, then the GAy pride as they call it needs to go away also. This is just teaching our kids that the world is ok for you to SIN!!!! This is a one way ticket to hell
That sad thing is you "really" believe that. How did this festival affect you in ANY way??? If it wasn't in the paper you probably wouldn't have know it even happened. And to compair it to the bike rally is silly. 300 people at the train depot is a little different that 300,000 EVRERYWHERE....not to mention the people at the pride event LIVE HERE!!!
bbb

Columbia, SC

#508 Jul 16, 2008
Horry County Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack Twist, if you went to church then you know what the Word of God has to say regarding the homosexual lifestyle. You are informed so proceed with caution.
Love the sinner, hate the sin.

What church would that be? Budist? Jewish? Greek Orthodox? People forget that there is more than one religion and it doesn't make theirs right. Especially the Xtians
Oh Please

Irving, TX

#509 Jul 16, 2008
Exiting Horry resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I am not attacking the homosexuals, you assume I am one as well. We deserve the right for our Gay and lesbian children to be educated without harassment. We deserve equal rights because we are human. We deserve the right to raise our families in safe neighborhoods.
And yes you are pushing your sexual ideas on me. You suggest that every one should have sex the same way you do. The fact that you become disturbed when presented with ideas that are contrary to your own highlights your intolerance.
If this is true, why do so many northerners still keep coming here. Do all of us a favor and stay where you are. Not everyone here is ignorant or prejudice or racist. Once again another person judging everyone by the actions of a few. You are just as bad as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female fwb Tue Maintance man 4
News Conservative Christians Grapple With Whether 'R... Jul 4 The Proclaimer 5
News Police: 5 middle school students arrested in ch... May '16 commenters 1
Demetrice WHO? May '16 Palmetto Boy 1
BMW Manufacturing Mar '16 Curiosity 1
Jennifer Whitlock (Apr '15) Feb '16 Queenie 4
News Volvo group hears stories of BMW, Michelin arri... Feb '16 MARIANNE 1

Duncan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance