First to earn Chisholm Trail medal

First to earn Chisholm Trail medal

There are 2 comments on the Duncan Banner story from Mar 15, 2011, titled First to earn Chisholm Trail medal. In it, Duncan Banner reports that:

Sam McGough and Jarrett Reynolds began their spring break with a history lesson and some volunteer work on the Oklahoma prairie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Duncan Banner.

Jack Drury

United States

#1 Mar 15, 2011
Just think about living on the prarie with cowboys and herds of cattle moving back and forth across the wide open plains and the smell of hot coffee brewing at 100's of cowboy camps at day light getting ready to punch those cows all the way to the Kansas Rail Heads. The plains cowboys ate beef every meal. Thick slices of T-Bones and Chicken Fried Steak and sizzlin sirloins. The only problem on the trail was a boned out cowboy that got drunk on cactus peyote and shot his best friend in the back. Yes this was living on the prarie and how I wish that my family was in one of those Prarie Schooners with pots and pans clanging as we rolled along the CHISOLM TRAAIL.
Bill Wilson

United States

#2 Mar 15, 2011
This is the wonderful truth what it was like on the old Chisholm Trail whooping and whoolering firing pistols in the air and breathing the smelly dust where cow poop was used for firewood and cowboys wrapped themselves in Buffalo Hides and store bought silk pantaloonies dancing around the camp fires at night before bedding down with a cowboy at his side Cross dressing was the way of the cowboy on the Chisholm Trail back in them days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Stephens County Crime Stoppers (Dec '13) Jan 10 Modina 7
ARE ALL District Attorney's in OKLAHOMA CORRUPT? (Jun '17) Jan 4 Becky Wright 3
Ed Darling rehash in Duncan (May '11) Jan 2 I also know 10
Oklahoma/Cops Harassing women (Mar '17) Dec '17 Wee Todd Did 8
Jason hicks district attorney (Dec '12) Dec '17 Hes corrupt 24
Larry Barber Jr Dec '17 Justice 1
Trevor Biffle's passing. Nov '17 former-duncanite 1

Duncan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance