|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well like I said. You've already formed an uninformed opinion and I'm not going to argue with you about it.. And what the IRS did, which you, like Just, have no clue about because you refuse to read the report, is wrong and is not okay just because you don't like someone.
And please do not go slapping labels into someone that does something stupid and try to paint everyone else with the same brush because I promise the list I could put up of the left is longer than yours.
I'm sure there are racists in the Tea Party just as I know the Democratic Party is FULL of them, some on this board. But it does not make the Yea Party or democrats racist as a whole.
Never said I had a Problem with The Tea Party, in fact I believe that they serve a very important purpose. I believe your question was why they had a bad reputation about racism. Are you sure you read everything I had written?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Well I know this photographer does not get 3 weddings a month every month. As far as regular business in a small town would not be much. This family does not live in Oklahoma City or the surrounding towns like Edmond. Like I said if you can not provide for a family of 5 and make rent payments on the building you are renting then I cannot see how you could claim to be fat and happy.
Your last statement "but probably just don't care about how much business the could do because the are satisfied with living off the system." But then if he business is not there I say it time they take on something else to earn a living!
Photography is a word of mouth business. Maybe they just aren't very good. The one I know travels all over. Your probably right it is time they found work elsewhere to supplement their income. But that would take wanting to be a productive citizen.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

If everyone would pay their taxes, we would only have our politicians to blame for the reckless spending.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Zane wrote:
Workfare not welfare. You receive benefits then the percentage of welfare has to be matched by workfare to continue to receive benefits. They don't drain the system and will allow the children to understand everyone pays their way.
Sounds good. But what about Small Town America that is dying on the vine. They have no jobs. How do we take care of that problem?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Zane, you have been busy. Whatz up with; Do men wear women's underwear, to political for you?
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds good. But what about Small Town America that is dying on the vine. They have no jobs. How do we take care of that problem?
You can't take care if it. The only thing that changes that is citizens opening small businesses and starting an economy in the town. government can't fix that.
Zane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
Zane, you have been busy. Whatz up with; Do men wear women's underwear, to political for you?
How do you think I tracked WarForOil?

LOL
Zane

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

To 'track' a progressive liberal to have to 'think' like a progressive liberal so I imagined what would be the most retarded topic available....and shazam...
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

DoesntMatter wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't take care if it. The only thing that changes that is citizens opening small businesses and starting an economy in the town. government can't fix that.
Go thru Perkins all the time. It isn't the rural town I'm referring to. Perkins is a bedroom community of Stillwater. They have jobs available. I'm talking about these towns that you drive down Main St. and over half the store fronts are gone. A Wal-Mart went up 20 miles down the road in the next town, or big Ag has put most of the small farmers out of business. The kids are (if they have enough money and smarts) move to the big city for work. A lot of those people are stuck, some refer to them as trash, I prefer under-advantaged. What should be done about them, other than make sure they have access to birth control which this state is turning against also.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Zane wrote:
To 'track' a progressive liberal to have to 'think' like a progressive liberal so I imagined what would be the most retarded topic available....and shazam...
I'm a stupid Independent your gonna hav to help me out.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Zane wrote:
Ooooooh! I get it. Crook & Chase is on I was distracted.
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

I'm pretty sure that this is a whole lot of illegal.

http://m.washingtonpost.com/politics/politica...
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Go thru Perkins all the time. It isn't the rural town I'm referring to. Perkins is a bedroom community of Stillwater. They have jobs available. I'm talking about these towns that you drive down Main St. and over half the store fronts are gone. A Wal-Mart went up 20 miles down the road in the next town, or big Ag has put most of the small farmers out of business. The kids are (if they have enough money and smarts) move to the big city for work. A lot of those people are stuck, some refer to them as trash, I prefer under-advantaged. What should be done about them, other than make sure they have access to birth control which this state is turning against also.
Well I'm not in Perkins, so that really has not much to do with me.

Has it ever occurred to you that people in small towns live there because they want to? Does it occur to people that the "trash" everyone looks at as "stuck" are perfectly happy where they are and maybe that's why they don't move?

It is up to the people of a town to save it. You take responsibility for yourself and stop shopping Walmart and make sure you buy locally.

NOTHING should be done about them. Leave people alone. If they want to move they will. Live and let live and stop being concerned about what everyone else is doing. And this state is not trying to get rid of birth control. That is so ridiculous there's not even an argument to be made for it.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Zane wrote:
Workfare not welfare. You receive benefits then the percentage of welfare has to be matched by workfare to continue to receive benefits. They don't drain the system and will allow the children to understand everyone pays their way.
This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

Give Senator Clark Jolly a call and ask him what he wants to ban. his answer will be birth control.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

And then ask him how many kids has he adopted.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Well one thing good that came out of the tornados is it has made an impression on my 24yr old granddaughter to put a storm cellar in the house she bought this last Nov. I hope more people see the need to do the same.

Hope this Memorial Weekend is a good one for everyone!
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text> This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.
Give Senator Clark Jolly a call and ask him what he wants to ban. his answer will be birth control.
I guarantee every woman in this state and thru out the country would be on the backs of whom ever would pass to ban birth control. There would be no age limit to who would fight this!
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
Well one thing good that came out of the tornados is it has made an impression on my 24yr old granddaughter to put a storm cellar in the house she bought this last Nov. I hope more people see the need to do the same.
Hope this Memorial Weekend is a good one for everyone!
You have a great one to.
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

This is what was said and done. No ones trying to ban birth control. They are trying to not force employers to provide coverages that goes against their religious beliefs. It is the same argument as Obamacare. You can still get birth control. Please stop claiming to be independent because the more you talk, the more you show that you are a progressive.

. What if the Federal Government forced you to do something against your religion? That's what many businesses across the Nation are saying about President Obama's health care mandate. So, one state lawmaker is stepping up to the plate, going against the Federal Government in favor of the state.

"I have a physician in my district. He's a devout Catholic. He's also taken the hypocratic oath to do no harm," says Republican Senator Clark Jolley, of Edmond.

Dr. Dominic Pedulla, a doctor in the Metro, approached Sen. Jolley because he believes that hypocratic oath applies to the unborn, as well. "He was offering insurance to his employees, but he discovered health insurance covered abortion and birth control, which violates the tenants of his faith," says Sen. Jolley.

"Where you treasure is, there your heart is. Whatever you're paying for and providing, you are agreeing with," says Dr. Pedulla.

"He talked to his Bishop and the Bishop told him he's sinning by offering those coverages," says Sen. Jolley, who is now introducing a bill to change that. "At least as far as Oklahoma law would be concerned, you would not have to have coverage for something you had a religious or moral objection to," says Sen. Jolley. Under the bill, services related to abortion or contraception could be excluded from policies, if an employer chooses. If an employee wished to buy them, they would need to pay out of pocket. "We're protecting Oklahomans and what Oklahoma values are," says Sen. Jolley.

But, there's one problem-- Federal law trumps state law. "If the Federal Government keeps running over the states, then this bill will mean absolutely nothing," says Sen. Jolley. But, he hopes the numerous lawsuits against the health care mandate, like Hobby Lobby's, will put control back in the state's hands. "That's the way we have been doing it. That's the way the states have been dealing with insurance-- is on a state-based regulation. That's the way it should be," says Sen. Jolley.

If the states ever gain back some sort of regulation, Oklahoma would already have a framework in place.
DoesntMatter

Chandler, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>This was what I was referring to. Stick to the subject.

His point was this doctor believes it is poison so why should he have to provide coverage to his employees that goes against what he believes? Why should he pay for something that he doesn't agree with?

Jolley did not say he agreed with his views on birth control and he's not trying to ban birth control.

Damn people, you can go to the health department and get birth control free. Condoms are fairly cheap at Walmart and if you can't afford condoms, you probably shouldn't be doing things that might cause you to have a bay that you can't afford. Just a thought.

Personal responsibility.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Duncan Discussions

Search the Duncan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 el Jesus 2,591
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Jul 28 Jesus 11,284
i love going under cover Jul 25 will woolever policeman 1
strattons, rhoades (Apr '09) Jul 25 will woolever 6
busted Jul 25 will woolever 1
If Redskins change name, should Oklahoma change... Jul 21 Anonymous 1
drh Jul 14 Michelle 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Duncan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000