What should we do about people hanging themselves in our local jails?

Created by Kicking CANS in Duncan on Jan 15, 2011

52 votes

Click on an option to vote

Kick the Can

Take Matter under advisement

Refuse it as an Agenda Item

Place more stress on ourselves

Consider a different approach

Create a problem for Inmates

Use Diversion Tactics

Install cameras in the squad cars

Use only one wrecker service

Put funeral homes on standbye

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
I DE-CLAIR

United States

#1 Jan 15, 2011
Good question but I had to go with putting the funeral homes on standbye.
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jan 15, 2011
Seriously, who cares? If they're stupid enough to hang themselves, that's their business. The only responsibility the rest of us have is to not curtail their ability to do what they want to themselves.
hmmmmmmm

Waurika, OK

#3 Jan 16, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
Seriously, who cares? If they're stupid enough to hang themselves, that's their business. The only responsibility the rest of us have is to not curtail their ability to do what they want to themselves.
Yeah! Who cares, until it's someone in your family right???
Roaming Rick

United States

#4 Jan 17, 2011
hmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Who cares, until it's someone in your family right???
There should be a City Ordinance against hanging yourself in the City/County jails. Before we moved to Duncan from County Line we were told by the cops that there would not be any fine imposed on those persons that successfully and suddenly became impaired as a result of a self inflicted education or equivalent unnatural act of vengence.
Randolph Scott

United States

#5 Jan 18, 2011
Roaming Rick wrote:
<quoted text>There should be a City Ordinance against hanging yourself in the City/County jails. Before we moved to Duncan from County Line we were told by the cops that there would not be any fine imposed on those persons that successfully and suddenly became impaired as a result of a self inflicted education or equivalent unnatural act of vengence.
The local funeral homes are lining up infront of the County Jails. If anyone has an extra hearse parked in their drive way please consider loaning it to Bill.
Jessee James

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2011
Randolph Scott wrote:
<quoted text> The local funeral homes are lining up infront of the County Jails. If anyone has an extra hearse parked in their drive way please consider loaning it to Bill.
Lay them to rest since the word kill or killing can't be spoken pursuant to the ORDER of the President.
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Jan 23, 2011
hmmmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Who cares, until it's someone in your family right???
If I had a family member that stupid, I'd grieve, not because they killed themself, but because they were a stupid waste of oxygen while they were here.
who says

United States

#8 Jan 23, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a family member that stupid, I'd grieve, not because they killed themself, but because they were a stupid waste of oxygen while they were here.
I hope you don't have children or anyone who depends on you!! you are a cold hearted jacka**
Margaret Thatcher

United States

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a family member that stupid, I'd grieve, not because they killed themself, but because they were a stupid waste of oxygen while they were here.
YES..all they do is suck up oxygen and take up space in Duncan, Oklahoma just like Usama Bin Ladin.
Nancy Buckmaster

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2011
Margaret Thatcher wrote:
<quoted text> YES..all they do is suck up oxygen and take up space in Duncan, Oklahoma just like Usama Bin Ladin.
Margaret you are one ugly Bitch of a reporter. You are so damn ugly that the Democratic nominee in 2012 will be so unpopular that she would turn Black-n-Blue from being beat by your mama's ugly stick...just like Mr. Obama and his side wings(ears). He can't ride in a convertible without having a lift-off in the oval office.
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Jan 25, 2011
who says wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't have children or anyone who depends on you!! you are a cold hearted jacka**
Actually, my kids know that they have value simply because Almighty God gave them life. They also know that their worth to society is based not simply upon the fact of their existence, but upon what they do with that gift Almighty God gave them.

I pity anyone raised with your Kum By Yah mindset.
who says

United States

#12 Jan 25, 2011
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, my kids know that they have value simply because Almighty God gave them life. They also know that their worth to society is based not simply upon the fact of their existence, but upon what they do with that gift Almighty God gave them.
I pity anyone raised with your Kum By Yah mindset.
HaHa that's funny! You are coming across as Christian and Hypocrite! You talk about Almight God, yet you don't value life, or care about someone elses pain??? There is a place for people like you!!!!(probably in a jail cell with suicidal tendencies) IDIOT!!!!
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#13 Jan 25, 2011
who says wrote:
<quoted text>
HaHa that's funny! You are coming across as Christian and Hypocrite! You talk about Almight God, yet you don't value life, or care about someone elses pain??? There is a place for people like you!!!!(probably in a jail cell with suicidal tendencies) IDIOT!!!!
Oh, the nice face is coming off and the unbalanced side is showing through with greater and greater clarity. I care about people's pain, but not to the degree that I will overlook their infractions against others; even when they use pain as an excuse.
who says

United States

#14 Jan 25, 2011
So, in your opinion people who attempt or succeed at suicde are just useless individuals anyway?? Unbalanced? No, I'm not, I just care about human life! Compassion is a deep awareness of and sympathy for another persons suffering! Just maybe there would not be AS much crime were there more compassion to start with! and I apologize for the A**hole and idiot comment! But the coldness and lack of concern for human life is very sad!!! What if someone was wrongfully imprisoned and felt there were no other options? You can honestly say that if it were your child or loved one that you would still feel the same?
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Jan 25, 2011
I just don't think that our system is that flawed, and that every criminal is a victim. There might be the rare exception, but it's ludicrous to think that every person sitting in jail or prison is there because they didn't get hugged enough. Some people simply have no regard for the law nor the rights and property of others, and when such people do land in prison, that's called justice.
Hang em Hi

United States

#16 Jan 26, 2011
Gewt real..everybody thinks about suicide at some point in their lives. Suicide is the most self centered and selfish act a human being can commit. Get off your liberal boo hoo bottom and admit it! YOU are a freak of nature..the heartless one.
Been There

United States

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Hang em Hi wrote:
Gewt real..everybody thinks about suicide at some point in their lives. Suicide is the most self centered and selfish act a human being can commit. Get off your liberal boo hoo bottom and admit it! YOU are a freak of nature..the heartless one.
On one cold night I was parked under a big tall Oak and in the back seat of my car was a rope and small step ladder someone had put in my car. I started having terrible thoughts about dangling from the end of that rope under that big tall Oak tree but I did not know who would drive ny car home so I decided not to do it. I really think that "Diversion Tactics" would work as good as anything. Everybody thinks of suicide by hanging or drowning by water boarding. All you need to do is thingk twice about it and buy a shorter rope.
Who Really Cares

United States

#18 Jan 28, 2011
Been There wrote:
<quoted text> On one cold night I was parked under a big tall Oak and in the back seat of my car was a rope and small step ladder someone had put in my car. I started having terrible thoughts about dangling from the end of that rope under that big tall Oak tree but I did not know who would drive ny car home so I decided not to do it. I really think that "Diversion Tactics" would work as good as anything. Everybody thinks of suicide by hanging or drowning by water boarding. All you need to do is thingk twice about it and buy a shorter rope.
Sure as heck isn't "Who Cares". He doesn't even know that Obama was born in Kenya.
Who Really Cares

United States

#19 Jan 28, 2011
who says wrote:
So, in your opinion people who attempt or succeed at suicde are just useless individuals anyway?? Unbalanced? No, I'm not, I just care about human life! Compassion is a deep awareness of and sympathy for another persons suffering! Just maybe there would not be AS much crime were there more compassion to start with! and I apologize for the A**hole and idiot comment! But the coldness and lack of concern for human life is very sad!!! What if someone was wrongfully imprisoned and felt there were no other options? You can honestly say that if it were your child or loved one that you would still feel the same?
Oh my goodness. Play me a song and dance onsomble on your itty bitty violin.
Who Cares

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Jan 29, 2011
Who Really Cares wrote:
<quoted text> Sure as heck isn't "Who Cares". He doesn't even know that Obama was born in Kenya.
You really are an idiot. I'd doubt you're coming to Oklahoma. You couldn't afford the bus fare, since they don't take food stamps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duncan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for long lost Friends. Dec 14 Moon 1
Modern Human Sacrifice for Dummies (Feb '14) Dec 2 Vika 7
Bret Burns DA again Nov 26 Fed up 1
Jerry Underwood (May '13) Nov '14 Stella 2
joe Dorman,heard. of good things give him your ... Nov '14 nannylove 1
So the KKK meeting at First Baptist... Oct '14 TrueGoodEnduring 2
busted Oct '14 crazyshe 3
Duncan Dating
Find my Match

Duncan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Duncan News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Duncan

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NBC Sports10:45AM
How will DeMarco Murray fare with injured hand?
Yahoo! Sports11:00 AM
Two days after surgery, DeMarco Murray practices
NBC Sports 1:34 PM
Andre Johnson practices as Texans weigh quarterback options
NFL 1:47 PM
One Preview: Passing and rushing yardage leaders meet in Big D
NBC Sports 4:53 PM
Randle, Dunbar wait on status of Cowboys' Murray - NBC Sports