Dunbar closer to rental license ordin...

Dunbar closer to rental license ordinance

There are 5 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Apr 2, 2012, titled Dunbar closer to rental license ordinance. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Dunbar City Council members moved one step toward passing an ordinance at Monday night's meeting that would require residential rental property owners to obtain licenses to rent property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

Opinionhated

Jersey City, NJ

#1 Apr 7, 2012
I wish they would make a requirement to keep these rentals looking better. How hard is it to paint or clean. I am sick of my homes value going down because landlord or renters won't maintain their property! Can you at least make people mow like you said you were going to? Dunbar should put limits on how many rental properties are allowed in this town. Rentals will eventually run all the decent people out. I had to buy cameras and a security system. Better safe than sorry.
get over yourself

Vinton, VA

#2 Apr 7, 2012
Sale your house and move..Dunbar is a sh$thole anyway.
Opinionhated

Charleston, WV

#3 Apr 14, 2012
Well, that is an option. The problem is it seems to me that everywhere around here you go you have to go through a bunch of bad houses or neighborhoods to get to the good ones. I guess it is more or like that everywhere. That being said, I would rather have neighborhoods cleaned up or rehabilitated than give up on Dunbar or WV. There are good people in this state. I know Dunbar is not ideal but I have a home by the river and I really love my place in summer.
dunbarresident

Kenna, WV

#4 Apr 16, 2012
The City Govt. has created this problem. They are anti-business and anti-children. Get on your city leaders, not the landlords. Just look how poorly the city maintains their own facilities ballfields, pool, winecellar park. Grass along Dunbar ave is a foot tall. Look how many empty commercial buildings are sitting around town.
If the people of Dunbar want change for the better, it starts from the top. Young homebuyers would love Dunbar for it's location, but the city is not willing to do what it takes to attract them.
Question to think about. Why did So. Chas. add over 100 new businesses last year?
Nobody

Lexington, KY

#5 Apr 17, 2012
This is such hype...guess most people don't realize that the state takes around 4 times more in taxes on a house than what the regular live in home owner pays...now you want to let the city take even more. It is hard enough to find decent renters. If you charge what it takes to meet taxes and insurance the rent is already out of reach for most....now the city wants their cut too...to be able to price the rent where most can afford, because of the economy, then you get people that just don't care for the most part....The owners try to fix em up and the renters leave a mess or so much damage that all that gets fixed is what absolutely has to be fixed...too much crap ... it just goes on and on....i think it is time to put a for sale sign on the front lawn or let it be condemned .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunbar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Korea 37 min Boneparte Napolen 36
court 1 hr Stay proud 32
Larry Flint has learned to shut his mouth 2 hr Bill 4
tammy stephenson 10 hr WVUman69 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Wed DiamondsWild 4,091
Chris bryant?? Wed Hes trouble 3
Jessica Walker (Aug '16) Wed dummy 95

Dunbar Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance