Facts about Lemont Furnace

Posted in the Dunbar Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bills Mom

United States

#1 Jan 29, 2006
Can someone tell me what the city is like? My son is with Fayette resources and recently moved there. Any info would help. I'm up in New Castle and haven't been able to visit there.
Bills Mom

United States

#2 Jan 31, 2006
My son is living in one of the Fayette resources home for the disabled. Could someone tell me something about Lemont Furnace? Is it a quiet city-what is the population-just any information you can give me. Is there a website that has pictures? I would appreciate any information. Thank you.
Bills Mom

New Kensington, PA

#3 Jan 3, 2007
Where can I find pictures of Lemont Furnace? Where can I find out about the city? What's the population, what's the crime rate, what side is the slums, what side is nice, etc.?
Joe

Pasadena, CA

#4 Jan 11, 2007
I grew up there. It is a low income working class neighborhood with little to offer the world. Get your son out as quickly as you can.
Frank

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jan 14, 2007
Lemont Furnace is located centrally to Uniontown, Connellsville, and is an area of people who generally keep to themselves. A little backward at times but not harmful. Joe may not have had a good childhood there, but everyone has their own opinion. True it may not be an industrial booming area or the most beautiful, but I would not say to run from it. Almost everyone that I had come in contact with in 24 years of living there have been harmless.
Bills Mom

Farmington, PA

#6 Jan 21, 2007
Joe and Frank,
Thank you so much for your response. I don't understand what you mean by harmless. Please enlighten me. My Son lives in a group home run by Fayette Resources. Please let me know what you mean by harmless, backward people.
Thank you.
Tom

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 May 22, 2007
I have lived in Lemont Furnace most of my life. From my point of view, its not a bad place to live. I wouldn't worry about the low income working class, They would probably be some of the nicest people you ever met. Lemont Furnace is a fairly quiet place,The crime rate is not bad. I'll try to find more information for you soon.
SAS

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2007
I grew up in Lemont Furnace as well and it is mostly a middle to low income area. It was originally a "coal patch" where coal companies built houses for their workers to live close to the mines. I still live very close to Lemont and it is a relativly low violent crime area. The biggest problem is probably drugs. Though, it is not that bad. It is very close 15-20 mins from most any store you could want to visit and has a lot of historical places near by. Ever heard of the Jumonville Glen? Fallingwater by Frank Lyod Wright or Kentuck knob? All are very close by!

Since: Dec 07

AOL

#9 Dec 13, 2007
Hi Tom and SAS--I know you were posting to Bill's Mom--and I don't think she has to worry the way she does about her son. Lemont can't possably as dangerous as our cities in south Florida.
I guess you all think it's a Paradise down here--Wrong!! There's drugs and crime and cops being shot everyday-trying to keep businesses safe.
I'm making this post to try to find an old friend named Charlie Brooks from Lemont. You guys said you grew up there-know him?
Bills Mom

United States

#10 Jun 13, 2008
Hi Jeannie...good to hear you say I shouldn't have to worry about my son Bill...but when you're this far away, you do. when you have a son/daughter with "special needs" it's always a worry although Fayette Resources does their best. The staff is usually good and I'm grateful for that.
S. Calif. sounds pretty rough...but most places are I guess...hope you stay safe.
Good luck finding Charley Brooks..
Paula

Brick, NJ

#11 Jul 3, 2008
Yea it is a backwards town. People are quiet and keep to themselves. So what. Both my parents grew up in Dunbar and yes they never wanted to go back and live their. But today the way things are
I would give my eye teeth to live their. It is a typical country town. So kindly keep your mean comments to yourself. I have seen the country and the crimes of a city. I would take backwards anytime!!!!!!!!!!
LEMONT GAL

Uniontown, PA

#12 Sep 19, 2008
I HAVE LIVED IN LEMONT ALL OF MY 35 YEARS. SO THAT MAKES ME THE TRUE AUTHORITY. EVERY NEIGHBOR I HAVE IS A FAMILY MEMBER. THE AREA OF LEMONT I LIVE IN IS QUIET, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A VICTIM OF CRIME HERE. WE RARELY LOCKED DOORS WHEN I GREW UP. I WOULDN'T SAY EVERYBODY HERE IS LOW INCOME, JUST LIKE EVERYWHERE ELSE, THERE ARE SOME WHO STRUGGLE AND SOME ARE COMFORTABLE. THERE IS ONE STREET AND ONE SMALL HOUSING PROJECT THAT, I GUESS YOU BIG CITY FOLK WOULD CONSIDER `THE GHETTO` FOR THE MOST PART WE ARE DECENT HARD WORKING PEOPLE WHO LOVE OUR FAMILIES AND ARE CONTENT LIVING A QUIET LIFE. IF THAT SEEMS STRANGE OR BACKWARD, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU. AND TO THE MOM, PEOPLE HERE ARE GOOD, WELL MEANING PEOPLE. I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, I WILL CHECK BACK HERE LOOKING FOR POSTS FROM YOU. I WOULD LIKE TO HELP EASE YOUR MIND A LITTLE.
Experienced It

Uniontown, PA

#13 Sep 23, 2008
Joe wrote:
I grew up there. It is a low income working class neighborhood with little to offer the world. Get your son out as quickly as you can.
I agree with Joe. Get your son out of that area! There are thieves living there. They break into people's homes to steal pain control medications, computer's, and what ever else they can get away with. Some have been in state prisons, even a few of the elderly... Some have not gotten caught yet! If I were you, I'd do a background check on the owner and any person affiliated to it, especially relatives that are in the environment.
someonewhocares

Uniontown, PA

#14 Sep 21, 2009
Fayette Resources!!! They've knowingly hired people who've been jailed for violent crimes and then "let them go" when they ended up deliberatly breaking clients arms, faces, burning them with ciggarettes, ect...The workers there refer to themselves as "Tard Guards" and constantly verbally abuse the people whos lives they are supposed to be making comfortable and better. If you are a worker there and commit or report any type of abuse they just move you to another house and then fire you. It is run well but is a terrible place; prisoners in the county pen get better treatment. If you love your son get him out of there!
cmrj

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Sep 29, 2009
What matters is what is the facility like. Lemont Furnace itself, the main part is not where Fayette Resources is located. It is on Connellsville St. EVERY town or city in the world has crime, drugs, etc. If you think that it doesn't you are sadly mistaken. Yes, I live in Lemont Furnace and so has most of my family for over 80 years. Guess what? Our household isn't a low income household, but even if it were what is that supposed to mean? There is even predjudice against less fortunate people! People act like we are out of the backwoods of God knows where! I am sorry Joe, but San Fransisco?? Murders, drugs, rock n roll... keep your opinion to yourself because you aren't anywhere special! As a matter of fact my cousins who is a journalist moved there last year and he never runs out of things to write about, or just watch Nancy Grace!! LOL Check out Fayette Resources credentials, but of course this post is so old that you probably already know what it is like, and hopefully your son is doing well.
lemont person

Uniontown, PA

#16 Oct 24, 2009
I live in lemont furnace.I have lived here my whole life..I still do not lock my doors .A very safe place to live.Sure you got your losers ,but no 1 is dangerous.1 family is not the greatest,but we all know each other buy name here.You got your parents that do not watch their children,mainly kids from the projects.But I do agree they do not care who they hire to work for Fayette Resources,I just heard the main boss is in trouble for sleeping with one of the patients.
Bills Mom

United States

#17 Apr 27, 2010
Well I just logged in and am very disturbed by these posts. I pray to God that it isn't true. How can I find out? I can't imagine the state putting up with this treatment. You would think they required background checks before hiring!! The staff at his house seems caring...I pray so anyway. Please pray for the clients. Thank you
Bills Mom

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Apr 30, 2010
Hope someone from Fayette Resources posts on here. They must read the threads and have something to say. I sure would think so.
Sam the Hunter Man

Uniontown, PA

#19 Jul 31, 2010
Pretty nice little patch except for that one farmhouse closer to the mountains where people see skeletons
walking around the place and the old man without eyeballs.
Couldnt pay me to live there, too dam creepy.
Brian

Washington, DC

#20 Aug 10, 2011
I work for fayette resources and can tell you that they are a class act company. The individuals make there own choices what they want to eat, go shopping, pirate game!!!!! They care about the people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dunbar Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 16 min Martin Luther 4,019
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 6 hr Armpitsylvania 51,523
Fun. 13 hr Fayettenam 2
Morons on 201 13 hr Tired of idiots 1
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon R Nixon 186
Messiah offering free college courses May '14 Beth Lorow 1
Feds: Inmate sent Obama threat to wrong address (Mar '14) Mar '14 Big Pimpin 10
Dunbar Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Dunbar Jobs

Dunbar People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dunbar News, Events & Info