The treatment of the developmentally delayed adults in va, legal systen

Posted in the Dumfries Forum

Mrs F Wilson

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
I have a son that has an IQ of about 45 that is in the Prince William Detention Center because he had a panic attack when he was out with two staff from his group home. Someone called the police and he was arrested. The police should have let the group home handle it. That started his journey into hell. He should be in a hospital but he sits at the ADC in a cell 24 hours because they do not have the facilities to help him. he had a Competency evalation and was found not competent and was to go to The Central State Hopital but he still sits at ADC waiting for a bed. that was almost three weeks ago. he has spend over 45 days in solidary because they do not have a place to keep him safe. This is cruel and inhumane treatment for a adult with a mental age of 6+. I have been let down by the Court, CSB and the Detention Center. Where can I go to get help and make this right? As the training centers close more parents will be in this boat.Chris is also medically fragial and his health is getting worse. Any ideas who to contact for help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dumfries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
power washing 22 hr Master Stream 3
Debate: Marijuana - Woodbridge, VA (Aug '10) Jan 26 kenney 51
K..ik? Jan 25 CeibelCelebi 1
Foreman seeks Virginia Senate seat Jan 25 Buddy 1
World Police & Fire Games are coming to Prince ... Jan 22 fernpcrosby 1
Prince William County crime report Jan 22 fernpcrosby 1
Police brief (Dec '12) Jan 20 big daddy oreo 2
Dumfries Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web