26-year-old killed in wreck on 707

26-year-old killed in wreck on 707

There are 6 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Oct 27, 2006, titled 26-year-old killed in wreck on 707. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A 26-year-old was killed this morning in a car wreck on S.C. 707. Michael Edward Rigby of Dumfries, Va., died around 5 a.m. when he lost control of his car and collided with an oncoming vehicle, said Horry ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

janice-kristina- kinny

Smithfield, NC

#1 Oct 27, 2006
My deepest heart felt sympathy to the family I have got to know through our kids. Mike was a bid part of our lives when he was growing up in his early teenage years and became part of my family. I just can't believe the young man I watch grow to over come the trouble he had at one time turn is life around. Mike you are in my heart and the kids hearts. I will never forget all the times you came over to the trailer to watch good ol OZ with me and helped me around the house. You were like on of my own kids, I will deeply miss your smile and laugh. Now you can be with all the beautiful angels in heaven and watch over yor presious little sister Tia to make her safe in her life. God Bless you Maggie and Chuck Tia and Chris,All our love and preyers to you all. Call if you need something! xoxox WE LOVE YOU MICHEAL EDWARD RIGSBY
Beverly Campbell

Conway, SC

#2 Oct 28, 2006
janice-kristina-kinny wrote:
My deepest heart felt sympathy to the family I have got to know through our kids. Mike was a bid part of our lives when he was growing up in his early teenage years and became part of my family. I just can't believe the young man I watch grow to over come the trouble he had at one time turn is life around. Mike you are in my heart and the kids hearts. I will never forget all the times you came over to the trailer to watch good ol OZ with me and helped me around the house. You were like on of my own kids, I will deeply miss your smile and laugh. Now you can be with all the beautiful angels in heaven and watch over yor presious little sister Tia to make her safe in her life. God Bless you Maggie and Chuck Tia and Chris,All our love and preyers to you all. Call if you need something! xoxox WE LOVE YOU MICHEAL EDWARD RIGSBY
I have just found your comments regarding Mike. My husband, Charlie, and I own the restaurant that Mike has been working at in the Myrtle Beach area. We are absolutely devasted having lost Mike, known affectionately to us as Miker. The entire staff here is greiving, stunned at this sudden loss. Mike started with us as a server and quickly moved into the position of floor manager, and was most likely soon to be named General Manager. He was so very well loved and respected by all here, and had made so many friends. Our staff is very closely knit, almost like one big happy family, and Mike fit into the fold immediately. I share these things with you because I don't know who else to share them with from Mike's life before he came into our lives. We have been in close contact with the coroner here and though he has been quite helpful, he has not been able to tell us anything about Mike's family so that we might be able to learn about any service that will be held. In lieu of any concrete information regarding Mike's funeral and/or service to be performed, we have decided to hold a memorial gathering at the restaurant on Monday morning; we all feel a great need to honor Mike, share our memories and pictures, and be together. As of this posting, Saturday at 9:00pm, we are told by the coroner that he has not heard from the family as to whether or not someone will be arriving here to accompany Mike home, or whether or not there will be any kind of service held here or in Virginia. If you have any information at all, would you be so kind as to share it with us. You are my only contact with someone who knew and loved the wonderful person that Mike was. I will be watching for any reply that you care to post, or you can e-mail me at [email protected] God speed, Miker!
Anne Barksdale-Yarbro ugh

Springfield, VA

#3 Oct 29, 2006
I certainly hope that you have gotten a response by now, as Mike was certainly loved in Dumfries. Mike was a part of my family because we frequented the restaurant he worked here in Dumfries. When he first told us that he was leaving for S.C., we were saddened but we were sure to be there at the restaurant on his last day to bid him a fair well. Today, at the restaurant, we learned of the terrible accident that took such a wonderful young man. Needless to say we are in shock. Words can not describe. My kids loved Mike, especially my 2 year-old. I attempted to explain to him that Mike is now in Heaven with Jesus and he said to me "No mommy, Mike is still giving hamburgers". He still calls Montclair Family Restaurant, "Mike's House".
We were informed today that services will be held this week, perhaps on Saturday. If you are interested in coming to the services here in Virginia, I understand that Monclair Family Restaurant In Dumfries Virginia will have information posted or you can give them a call.
Beverly Campbell wrote:
<quoted text>
I have just found your comments regarding Mike. My husband, Charlie, and I own the restaurant that Mike has been working at in the Myrtle Beach area. We are absolutely devasted having lost Mike, known affectionately to us as Miker. The entire staff here is greiving, stunned at this sudden loss. Mike started with us as a server and quickly moved into the position of floor manager, and was most likely soon to be named General Manager. He was so very well loved and respected by all here, and had made so many friends. Our staff is very closely knit, almost like one big happy family, and Mike fit into the fold immediately. I share these things with you because I don't know who else to share them with from Mike's life before he came into our lives. We have been in close contact with the coroner here and though he has been quite helpful, he has not been able to tell us anything about Mike's family so that we might be able to learn about any service that will be held. In lieu of any concrete information regarding Mike's funeral and/or service to be performed, we have decided to hold a memorial gathering at the restaurant on Monday morning; we all feel a great need to honor Mike, share our memories and pictures, and be together. As of this posting, Saturday at 9:00pm, we are told by the coroner that he has not heard from the family as to whether or not someone will be arriving here to accompany Mike home, or whether or not there will be any kind of service held here or in Virginia. If you have any information at all, would you be so kind as to share it with us. You are my only contact with someone who knew and loved the wonderful person that Mike was. I will be watching for any reply that you care to post, or you can e-mail me at [email protected] God speed, Miker!
tia

AOL

#4 Oct 30, 2006
mike was my brother and i loved so dearly.mikewas my insriration and my best friend. words cant describe how hard and sad it is 4 me and those around me. its tru dat mike was loved and respectd by those who knew him and trust ilove each and everyone of you who knew my brother.my brother always worked extremly hard he also got his fun too.people tell me dat im just like in every way.he always made sure dat me his lil sista was taken care of. and i rellay apprciate ur deppest symathy holla at me at [email protected] and again RIP MIKE ILUV YOU BABI
tia

AOL

#5 Oct 30, 2006
thank you so much 4 being there you really had a hard worker up there
Laurie

Anchorage, AK

#6 May 31, 2007
Wow I just found out today what happened. I am so sorry. I have been wondering where you were and what you have been doing for years now. You always were a good friend even when I wasent. I still in shock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dumfries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katlin Aikens (Aug '16) Apr 15 johndoe 2
News Stafford High transgender senior speaks out on ... Apr 15 sara69 2
News Can hack but not shoot? FBI may ease entry for ... Apr 6 Hostis Publicus 4
No Vaccines Mar '17 Ksmalls88 1
News Dumfries councilman found dead Mar '17 Wizard of ZOG 2
Lawyers gone wild (Oct '07) Mar '17 Wizard of ZOG 14
Exterior Cleaning of your home Mar '17 Nick Kovach 1

Dumfries Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance