Hispanic Groups Charge Police With Random I.D. Checks

Full story: WUSA-TV Washington

From the businesses to the workers gathering on street corners, you can see the immigrant community is growing in Prince William County and with that are some serious concerns.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 19, 2011
Dinah

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 21, 2007
 

Judged:

3

2

HEY! They do 'random' checks on drunk drivers during the holidays too. So where do these stupid people get off in being indignant if THEY are stopped for I.D checks.

If they came here legally, they should have no problem with it. If they came here ILLEGALY they SHOULD be afraid. They deserve it.

If you obey the law, you shouldn't be bothered.
Lawbreakers SHOULD be afraid of those who would catch them. I have NO sympathy.
Dinah

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 21, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

If the Hispanic groups want a GOOD relationship with the people here, they can HELP by letting the police do their jobs as far as LAWBREAKERS go; and fostering TRUST.

What do they think they are special because they didn't come from here? If you want to BE a citizen you need to act like one. Be a good one instead of an arrogant individual thinking you need special privledge. Some of us in this county have bent over backwards to make sure our hispanic brethren are made welcome. It gets HARD when some abuse the privledge and then get all indignant when one of their number gets punished for wrongdoing.

I remember last year (?) when there was a big flap about the loitering on U.S. 1 at a 7 Eleven. It wasn't JUST loitering. The men there were harrassing the patrons for jobs; urinating on the premisis, being drunk in public, and throwing their trash everywhere-- DESPITE the local Catholic church giving them a place to go, restrooms in the 7 Eleven and trash cans to put refuse in. And you would think that a person LOOKING for work wouldn't be getting drunk. Who wants to hire a drunk laborer? Then the local Hispanic "advocate" groups started moaning and complaining because the police were doing their jobs; JUST LIKE THEY WOULD FOR ANY OTHER CITIZEN.

Our community should be able to look at itself and others should look at it as a law abiding community. A neighbor should, with good conscience and complete confidence, be able to look his neighbor in the face--no matter WHERE he/she is from and say,' I'm taking up for my neighbor. He/She is here legally and I'm going to do everything I can to make his/her life here as pleasant as mine.'

If you want an atmosphere of trust; you have to foster that trust.

One thing for these "advocate" groups to remember is that the "relationship" runs both ways. You should ALSO care if it sours amoung us. We should not just care if it sours with YOU. WE were here first; try to keep that in mind.

A little more humility and conformity would suit some.
Dinah

Cockeysville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 21, 2007
 

Judged:

2

1

Oh; and by the way; don't give me this all bilingual crap.

A trash can is perfectly obvious; it has refuse in it. It doesn't take any brains to know where to put your refuse.

And it doesn't take any brains to be able to listen to a toilet flushing to be able to know where to go without a sign.

Since: Feb 07

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 27, 2007
 

Judged:

2

A police officer can stop anybody, at any time, for any reason, and request ID.
The only reason the immigrants are getting upset is because they aren't getting away with being illegal anymore.
Dinah

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 4, 2007
 
So has our lack testicles chief of police decided to go with ICE training yet; or is he still afraid it will "offend"?

Personally, I'd rather see a BETTER explanation given ON TV LOCAL NEWS that states his true position on this. I want to hear it from the horses mouth without any fear. And if he can't say it honestly, he doesn't belong being a chief of police.
OG Li 97

Santa Cruz, Bolivia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 8, 2007
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Here is another proof of racism and pregedist community what am begging to see is that we as Latinos are not scared of you cause we know that thing are not like that we now what you are doing same thing as martin Luther king you see we are not just taking your jobs your women but we are over taking the country as a community we are no longer a minority and thatís what scares you cause we are not going to see the next black president instead we are going to see the nest Hispanic president cause all you are trying to do is just show the bad. You know what we seen that before but what I see is Hispanic people working and uniting your just judging us from one side of the coin but I have family that has been put on the post as been the best student in Virginia and know she work for NASA & I donít stay too far from that I am a programmer as a Sound engineer
locurainternacinal1@msn.com
Dana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 12, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

1badf350 wrote:
A police officer can stop anybody, at any time, for any reason, and request ID.
The only reason the immigrants are getting upset is because they aren't getting away with being illegal anymore.
When officers are profiling based on race and origin its not fair. They should be chasing old white pedophiles first.
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

OG Li 97 wrote:
Here is another proof of racism and pregedist community what am begging to see is that we as Latinos are not scared of you cause we know that thing are not like that we now what you are doing same thing as martin Luther king you see we are not just taking your jobs your women but we are over taking the country as a community we are no longer a minority and thatís what scares you cause we are not going to see the next black president instead we are going to see the nest Hispanic president cause all you are trying to do is just show the bad. You know what we seen that before but what I see is Hispanic people working and uniting your just judging us from one side of the coin but I have family that has been put on the post as been the best student in Virginia and know she work for NASA & I donít stay too far from that I am a programmer as a Sound engineer
locurainternacinal1@msn.com
You want to know what part of YOUR problem is? You can't speak English worth beans. Try learning it a little better and you MIGHT understand that FOLKS WHO LIVE HERE better.
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 12, 2011
 
Gad, danged computer connections. Sorry for double post. And that's ...you MIGHT understand FOLKS WHO LIVE HERE better.
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

OG Li 97 wrote:
Here is another proof of racism and pregedist community what am begging to see is that we as Latinos are not scared of you cause we know that thing are not like that we now what you are doing same thing as martin Luther king you see we are not just taking your jobs your women but we are over taking the country as a community we are no longer a minority and thatís what scares you cause we are not going to see the next black president instead we are going to see the nest Hispanic president cause all you are trying to do is just show the bad. You know what we seen that before but what I see is Hispanic people working and uniting your just judging us from one side of the coin but I have family that has been put on the post as been the best student in Virginia and know she work for NASA & I donít stay too far from that I am a programmer as a Sound engineer
locurainternacinal1@msn.com
Don't believe a word you say. Shall I rewrite your post for you correctly?
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 12, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Sure you're not just an out of work, high school dropout thugee from Hoodbridge?
CONSERVATIVE

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1badf350 wrote:
A police officer can stop anybody, at any time, for any reason, and request ID.
The only reason the immigrants are getting upset is because they aren't getting away with being illegal anymore.
Technically they are suppose to have probable cause BEFORE pulling you over or asking for your ID, but as many of us have found out. Probable cause can be ANYTHING! That is unless you're ILLEGAL! The amigos are going to find things not quite so pleasant in the coming months!
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 18, 2011
 
Me, I almost don't give a crap anymore. Things will be what they will be. We've said our peace.

I just wonder what will happen when the crap hits the fan and we're back to back against each other.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Hispanic Groups should ask those people if they are here legally, if they say they are not.
Tell them that it is time to go home.
Question Authority

Dumfries, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 19, 2011
 
RayOne wrote:
Hispanic Groups should ask those people if they are here legally, if they say they are not.
Tell them that it is time to go home.
Course you'd better specify "legally". Some actually believe that this is their homeland and they don't have to be "legal" as in obeying our laws; they ARE legal.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

Question Authority wrote:
<quoted text>
Course you'd better specify "legally". Some actually believe that this is their homeland and they don't have to be "legal" as in obeying our laws; they ARE legal.
The United Nations can hold a seminar for them.
Put the program in Mexico City.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dumfries Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dumfries People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dumfries News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dumfries
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••