U.S. and World News - Hispanic Groups Charge Police With Random...

WUSA-TV Video Report By Cindy Pena WUSA-TV Washington D.C. WOODBRIDGE, VA -- From the businesses to the workers gathering on street corners, you can see the immigrant community is growing in Prince William ... Full Story
Gary

Woodbridge, VA

#1 Oct 21, 2007
Lacking probable cause that a crime has been committed, police do not have the right to arrest, detain or even question ordinary citizens. The citizens can simply invoke their rights under the 5th amendment.
Tom Jones

Rohnert Park, CA

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Yeh Good luck they do this to Whites and Blacks
in America all day long where you been under a rock This is Virginia forget PWC. The Police
do what they want
No hasty conclusions

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Oct 22, 2007
Gary wrote:
Lacking probable cause that a crime has been committed, police do not have the right to arrest, detain or even question ordinary citizens. The citizens can simply invoke their rights under the 5th amendment.
You need to bone up on your laws and definitions. To temporarily detain and question requires "reasonable suspicion" that a crime has been committed or that a person has acted in a suspicious manner as in a fertive move when approached by a police officer. In the course of an investigation of a crime, many people may be detained and questioned, some may turn out to be witnesses and others not even remotely involved.

“Save the drama fer yer mama!!!”

Since: Mar 07

North Cackalacky

#4 Oct 24, 2007
If you are here legally and have paperwork to prove it then you should have nothing to worry about and nothing to hide.
the truth

Jacksonville, FL

#5 Oct 24, 2007
Gary wrote:
I think the key word is 'ordinary citizens'
Dinah

Monkton, MD

#6 Oct 25, 2007
I read the article. FIRST the writers have committed the first sin---LYING. When you send FACTS through the wash and spin cycle you end up LYING.

These "immigrants" as they are called are not LEGAL immigrants; either have false papers or no papers. Hence the word "illegal". THAT is what these people so conveniently forget. If they had the RIGHT papers, they might have better luck going through an employment service or doing what the native population does. I guess they want no questions asked.

I APPLAUD the police for doing a good job, and I APPLAUD the county for having the GUTS to stand up when our OWN federal government WON'T.

We do not have infinite space and jobs here and we DO have a native population (native as in BORN in this country or naturalized) that have established themselves and done their part to contribute to the society in which they live. I suppose we are to IGNORE that.

I have BEEN to these places in which these so called workers congregate. They bug people for any work,(not in English mind you), urinate in public, leave their trash lie around, get DRUNK in public and then get sick. Oh, yeah. These are GREAT workers that we want to build our homes. Yeah.

Then to add injury to insult they gather to themselves teams of advocates and lawyers, come before OUR county board of supervisors and DEMAND their "rights". They are FAR rom "helpless".
"Si Se Puede!" I am so sick of that I don't want to see it in the flesh again.
I held myself back and just observed. Some old vets have the guts NOT to hold back.

I've SEEN this article before long ago, when it came out. Let's not FORGET.

We also need to somehow hold the news services accountable for their own stories. We are TIRED of the wash and spin cycle they put these SERIOUS ISSUES through. No detail, no background just whining. That plays into the hands of these illegals and actually benefits them. I think the local news people who write these things should be CALLED what they are:
TRAITORS.
Dinah

Monkton, MD

#7 Oct 25, 2007
Gary wrote:
Well excuse me. If ANY citizen were to do what these people are doing, after getting complaints from the locals, you dang well BET the police could have "probable cause". Now how about telling us all what the 5th amendment REALLY says and how it applies to THIS situation.
Dinah

Monkton, MD

#8 Oct 25, 2007
Tom Jones wrote:
Yeh Good luck they do this to Whites and Blacks
in America all day long where you been under a rock This is Virginia forget PWC. The Police
do what they want
And YOU are ignorant. Try studying the laws a little more.
crow

Jacksonville, FL

#9 Oct 25, 2007
Gary wrote:
Gary, you would have to try real hard to be any more wrong than what you say here!
Tom Jones

United States

#10 Oct 26, 2007
I charge the VA system of law and justice
with abuse for all how is that for ya you crackers

http://www.saveus.org/docs/factsheets/portrai...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dumfries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Neibauer Dental Care (May '09) Dec 9 PatientBEWARE 115
Hospital Havoc: Two Distrubances Lead to Arrest... Dec 5 MOE 1
Free car history report? (Nov '13) Dec 4 Andie 3
Woodbridge Music Thread Nov 28 Musikologist 1
Planning Asst. Chief Faces Obscene Sexual Displ... Nov 21 the truth 1
Do you approve of Vincent C. Gray as Mayor? Nov 19 Seanjohn89 1
Woodbridge Woman Wanted for Child Neglect (Dec '09) Nov '14 Ando10 4
Dumfries Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web