Dumfries lowers BPOL taxes. Increased...

Dumfries lowers BPOL taxes. Increased hotel fee to recoup lost revenue.

There are 1 comment on the Potomac Local story from Jun 28, 2016, titled Dumfries lowers BPOL taxes. Increased hotel fee to recoup lost revenue.. In it, Potomac Local reports that:

Town leaders this week amended a transient room rental tax provision in the town code that allows the town to collect a room fee on top of the hotel tax already levied and charged by hotels. The additional fee was raised from $1 a room to $5 per room, per night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Potomac Local.

Average Frequent Traveler

Port Richey, FL

#1 Jul 17, 2016
Gas prices make it easy to go somewhere else for the night. Guess you folks don't realize your driving the money away not bringing it in. Make travelers feel more welcome rather than pricing yourselves out of business. I will stay elsewhere with my money. A 400% increase is a bit much. Your residents don't fight it because it won't come out of their pocket. What you need is a bunch of new stadiums and you tourists will be glad to pay for it. Most people who travel very much compare prices, services and value in their decision. Your not going to come out better in this respect by raising prices without a reason for your guests to bear this additional expense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dumfries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2-headed copperhead snake found in Virginia yard Sep 26 Parden Pard 6
Sisters Sep 24 The Big Dog Walks 1
Chokies Sep 23 Chokie King 1
Crazy house or asylums? Sep 23 Juneapple 1
Pride festival Sep '18 the truth 1
Woodbridge Music Thread (Nov '14) Sep '18 Musikologist 7
Posts and responses Sep '18 Guest 3

Dumfries Jobs

Personal Finance

Dumfries Mortgages