U.S. and World News - Hispanic Groups...

U.S. and World News - Hispanic Groups Charge Police With Random...

There are 4 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Nov 19, 2007, titled U.S. and World News - Hispanic Groups Charge Police With Random.... In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

WUSA-TV Video Report By Cindy Pena WUSA-TV Washington D.C. WOODBRIDGE, VA -- From the businesses to the workers gathering on street corners, you can see the immigrant community is growing in Prince William ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

Haymarket, VA

#1 Dec 16, 2007
Lawsuit waiting to happen. Someone's going to hit the lottery and the cost will be born by County taxpayers.

Monkton, MD

#2 Jan 13, 2008
I just LOVE the racist bent some of these reporters give!

The fact of the matter is that businesses around the area have NO LOITERING policies because they chase legitimate patrons away. This also goes for your casual skateboarder, gang, folk too. So don't think that "Hispanics" are singled out.

This article is pure baloney and does NOTHING for anyone's cause, but only stirs up hatred amoung the locals.

It's like the incident on U.S. 1 they made a big racist deal about few years back concerning "daylaborers" and THEIR 'harassment'.

It just so HAPPENS that those so called "daylaborers" were not only LOITERING on the property, BUT they were not using restroom facilities. They urinated and defecated in public. They did NOT use trash recepticles that are provided, but strewed their trash around. And LAST were drunk in public NEAR the business.

Those officers had a perfectly LEGITIMATE REASON for charging and checking ID.
It is what they would do for ANY person doing the same thing.

The fact is that those that are not here legally, don't want to get caught, so they cry RACISM; like any other criminal.

It is NOT that we don't have LEGITIMATE employment offices to go to. These men do NOT have to stand on street corners and ask for work. MAYBE it's just they can't get work at a legitimate facility because they don't have the proper documents. If they don't; they don't have the right to work here either.

Oh, and by the way people; how would YOU feel if the "daylaborer" some guy hired was drunk on the job and building YOUR house?

“It's not about me.”

Since: Nov 07

#3 Jan 13, 2008
I think they should drive around in buses and check every one on sight! And send them to Guantanamo instead of Mexico. They are roving bands of criminals on our streets. Here that, Homeland Security?

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#4 Jan 13, 2008
i commend these police. if you arent illegal or wanted by the INS then you have nothing to worry about. its not about racism, its about enforcing the laws! i dont care if people come here legally to work..hell, the mexicans work their asses off when they get jobs. they are probably the hardest working race in america at the moment..and i dont even like mexicans and ill give them that! but come legally...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dumfries Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stafford resident and Iwo Jima Vet to have book... 1 hr chalet649 1
Debate: Marijuana - Woodbridge, VA (Aug '10) Sat Crazyoldlady 56
Hilda Barg Shelter Steals Funds, Woodbridge, VA (Dec '13) Nov 24 Mocha8055 4
kneegers in Stafford Nov 11 Race Bates 1
sully's steakhouse (Apr '07) Nov 4 Danny 10
Hookers Nov 3 Jim Ross jr 5
News Arrests Made in Rape Cases, 1 Involving Children (Jan '14) Nov 2 Greg 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dumfries Mortgages