Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
15,481 - 15,500 of 21,580 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Henrys wife

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

BolOGna!!! Babyyy
Obama

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Someone pick the bugs out of my fur
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

No he isn't, and why doesn't that surprise me?
whst

Crystal City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Ysyyyyy
Bernard Forand

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Texan wrote:
Can't agree with you about not building your own business. Someone may teach you to do what you do, that is the way it works. You work for someone else, you save the money YOU EARN, then you decide what you want to do. At that point you invest YOUR MONEY in equipment, and advertizing and YOU BUILD YOUR BUSINESS. Other than being taught your skill and earning your start up capital working for someone else you do infact BUILD YOUR OWN BUSINESS.
Your getting the idea. However you do not go far enough. Who educated you to read, think, deduce, communicate, etc. etc.. How was the infrastructure established that produced the fertile soils for your business to grow. Who provides the security that protects your business and how long has that been going on. Passing from one generation to another. That’s just the tip of the many necessities required for your businesses to survive. Now what of your children. What are they going to build on, if not what you produced as a foundation for them to continue to make things better or perhaps worse. Should they discard your achievements and decide they want to start all over from ground zero…. Hermit … Hmmmm. They say you achieved nothing its all about them and no one else. Hmmm Unable to communicate, uneducated etc. etc. What chance do you think they will have in survival and or happiness?
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

I go beyond far enough. My taxes pay for infrastructure, education, and security. There is no free ride. The same as if I build a fence I buy the land, I buy the post, I buy the wire, I dig the post holes, and I set and tamp the post. I BUILT THAT FENCE! That which I didn't do I PAID FOR. It is the same with building a business, that which you do not do you pay for. I agree that we are all in this together but I did not help you build your business, and you did not help build mine. You can twist it any way you want but I owe you nothing that you do not earn and you owe me nothing I do not earn. I meaning me have worked for everything I have. Niether you or the government has GIVEN me anything, period point paragraph.
docyor

Crystal City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Thank you perry

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

docyor wrote:
Thank you perry
Are you thanking him for making Texas and Texans appear uninformed and out of touch?
fan

Crystal City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Obama rocks
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

No he dopesn't
amy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Go perry
big bad john

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

fan wrote:
Obama rocks

No obama is an idiot and you an idiot for voting for him. Yeaaa go back to you own city forum are else i,am going to push you off this forum!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Bernard Forand wrote:
<quoted text>
Your getting the idea. However you do not go far enough. Who educated you to read, think, deduce, communicate, etc. etc.. How was the infrastructure established that produced the fertile soils for your business to grow. Who provides the security that protects your business and how long has that been going on. Passing from one generation to another. That’s just the tip of the many necessities required for your businesses to survive. Now what of your children. What are they going to build on, if not what you produced as a foundation for them to continue to make things better or perhaps worse. Should they discard your achievements and decide they want to start all over from ground zero…. Hermit … Hmmmm. They say you achieved nothing its all about them and no one else. Hmmm Unable to communicate, uneducated etc. etc. What chance do you think they will have in survival and or happiness?
Go back to licking Barry Soetoros boots and leave the thinking to those who can.

Georgetown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Perry no friend to education!!!!
resident

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Pray
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

can't hurt
swift

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Rick Perry governors the largest state in the Union and the largest prison system while teachers and prison correctional officer another state employees get paid Lowest in the United States. you should resign sir.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Second largest State, everything else: you are totaly correct.
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

test
tesd

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

test

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dumas Discussions

Search the Dumas Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr Batch 37 Pain Is Good 17,152
Amarillo suddenlink is so awful now, will we ev... 3 hr Thomas 3
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
Dumas Man Sentenced to 50 Years in Prison for M... Jul 25 lee moore 1
hotwoman Jul 24 Official Historian 2
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Moore County was issued at July 29 at 1:00PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Dumas Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dumas People Search