Escapee killed in shootout near Dulce

Escapee killed in shootout near Dulce

There are 24 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 22, 2010, titled Escapee killed in shootout near Dulce. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

One of two fugitives on the run after escaping an Archuleta County jail was shot and killed by police Thursday following a confrontation in an abandoned trailer near Dulce.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ahab

Fort Defiance, AZ

#2 Jul 23, 2010
"San Juan County law enforcement officials previously had written off the hunt for the Colorado fugitives". Cowards... and leaving the fugitives for Apache Police to carry out the confrontation and successful end to one of the fugitives life. Way to go Jicarilla Detectives, show Colorado how to nail a fugitive.
pot hole

Taos, NM

#3 Jul 23, 2010
Maybe they quit because they have no jurisdiction on Rez land idito
cjjeepercreeper

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 23, 2010
One less dirtbag uselessly taking up space. Way to go Apache Police, handled well.
Insider

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 23, 2010
Reptilians from Archuleta Mesa will take care of the other...
mad

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 23, 2010
Snow has been caught between Dulce and Lumberton.
Yosef

Los Alamos, NM

#7 Jul 23, 2010
Although it's great they caught the felons but the family of the dead one is now going to sue the Apache police.
nice

United States

#8 Jul 23, 2010
Hey DL, a "shootout" implies that both sides had guns.... when one side has guns and the other side has a knife it is called an "execution". Not that I disagree with what happened, just call it what it is!
Being Learned

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jul 23, 2010
Good Job Jicarilla Apache Police Officer, you
brought justice to this case, and saved taxpayers
a ton of money, If it had gone to the courts he
would walk. If there is a suit, taxpayers need to
find out which court accepted and start raising hell,
this is the only way non-sense court cases are going
to be stopped.
Whew

Farmington, NM

#10 Jul 23, 2010
Thank god this scum bucket wasn't Navajo.
The crying and BS would be in high gear now and the Navajo tribe would be underwriting a law suit for the scum bags family to sue the Jic tribe.
gregpickens

Albuquerque, NM

#11 Jul 23, 2010
Ahab wrote:
"San Juan County law enforcement officials previously had written off the hunt for the Colorado fugitives". Cowards... and leaving the fugitives for Apache Police to carry out the confrontation and successful end to one of the fugitives life. Way to go Jicarilla Detectives, show Colorado how to nail a fugitive.
How did you know San Juan County police were looking for the fugitives and that the stopped looking for them?
MrHothead

Dallas, TX

#12 Jul 23, 2010
Whew wrote:
Thank god this scum bucket wasn't Navajo.
The crying and BS would be in high gear now and the Navajo tribe would be underwriting a law suit for the scum bags family to sue the Jic tribe.
Maybe next time you will man up and show us how to do it right.
justmy2cents

Las Vegas, NM

#13 Jul 23, 2010
Whew wrote:
Thank god this scum bucket wasn't Navajo.
The crying and BS would be in high gear now and the Navajo tribe would be underwriting a law suit for the scum bags family to sue the Jic tribe.
I don't think you are that concern...
El Barracho

Gilbert, AZ

#14 Jul 23, 2010
Nice job Dulce! Good old fashioned justice!
la mosca

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jul 23, 2010
Whew wrote:
Thank god this **** bucket wasn't Navajo.
The crying and BS would be in high gear now and the Navajo tribe would be underwriting a law suit for the **** bags family to sue the Jic tribe.
Quit spreading hate and discontent.
Willie

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Jul 23, 2010
Whew wrote:
Thank god this scum bucket wasn't Navajo.
The crying and BS would be in high gear now and the Navajo tribe would be underwriting a law suit for the scum bags family to sue the Jic tribe.
You need to sober up!
bottom ash

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jul 23, 2010
Insider wrote:
Reptilians from Archuleta Mesa will take care of the other...
Yeah, these two escapees where probably Aliens. I used to hang around up there in the forest. Yeah, I've seen some strange stuff at night. Even in the day. One day I seen a convoy of Black trucks and cars, like the President Convoy, on a dirt road, going north toward the Colorado border near the Navajo river. I've seen State Police men surrounding a dead bull in the 70's. Some strange lights at night flying low and slow. Purple color lights. I used to leave my camp and load up my rifle and hide in the arroyos in the dirt. Some scary stuff.
Insider

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jul 23, 2010
bottom ash wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, these two escapees where probably Aliens. I used to hang around up there in the forest. Yeah, I've seen some strange stuff at night. Even in the day. One day I seen a convoy of Black trucks and cars, like the President Convoy, on a dirt road, going north toward the Colorado border near the Navajo river. I've seen State Police men surrounding a dead bull in the 70's. Some strange lights at night flying low and slow. Purple color lights. I used to leave my camp and load up my rifle and hide in the arroyos in the dirt. Some scary stuff.
There are frequently a string of osprey helicopters flying into farmington from that direction at least once a month, something definitely is going on there
the other dude

Farmington, NM

#19 Jul 23, 2010
The Dulce police officers are heros!!!!! Thank God!!!! Justice is best served cold....
stillhungy

Albuquerque, NM

#20 Jul 23, 2010
nice wrote:
Hey DL, a "shootout" implies that both sides had guns.... when one side has guns and the other side has a knife it is called an "execution". Not that I disagree with what happened, just call it what it is!
You've obviously never been in a fight and are unaware of how fast someone can come
at you and attack. It takes about 4 seconds to cover 14 feet- and with a knife, the
man was deadly. You also have no clue about what a knife can do to someone and how fast someone can die with a knife wound.
Patron

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Jul 24, 2010
Good, the Jicarilla Police showed these two that they mean business - At A BOY !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dulce Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blanco man charged with molesting 13-year-old r... Jul 18 No matter 5
News Book: Extraterrestrials create Hell Underground... (Dec '11) May '15 New Perspective 6
Dulce to be featured on Wednesday, March 25 His... (Mar '09) May '15 Wiki 2
News Jicarilla jingle dress (Feb '06) May '15 Wanda 2
Dulce to be site of an unusual conference in Ma... (Jan '09) May '15 DUMBs 3
"Underground Base" conference in Dulce gets new... (Dec '08) May '15 DUMBs 2
Can Dulce benefit from rumors about "undergroun... (Dec '08) May '15 CFB North Bay 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dulce Mortgages